89 52.66%
  • Classical

46 27.22%
  • Other

72 42.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music Preference?

As a fan of Electric Folk, I thought I would dedicate this one to Ken on his elevation to Ace status.
    Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TjtiYGbZc
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

i listen to techno like skrillex and deadmau5, but i do listen to almost everything but country hiphop and rap. but mostly depends on my mood too

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As a fan of Electric Folk, I thought I would dedicate this one to Ken on his elevation to Ace status.
    Rob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5TjtiYGbZc
    Awesome!!! Thank you sir!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Voted Rock but my tastes are varied ,country ,metal ,classic, opera anything except jazz ,and that noise they play at raves and dance events.

Quote Originally Posted by LGKR View Post
    Wedding marches and funeral dirges.
    Those are the same, right?

Cap. Baracca

AC/DC my frieds!

Agree with the above....AC/DC.....a little Thunderstruck or Back in Black.....that gets things going!!!

Ah, for the days of the Platters. For you few who remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap. Baracca View Post
    AC/DC my frieds!
    For Those About to Rock

That's an evergreen thrilling my soul in the secondary school golden years. Wow!

Rob I had not heard Electric Folk before, but after spending half the night lissening to it I am hooked, went out and ordered myself a cope of Steeleeye Span "Below the salt" are there any other group you can recomend?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Rob I had not heard Electric Folk before, but after spending half the night lissening to it I am hooked, went out and ordered myself a cope of Steeleeye Span "Below the salt" are there any other group you can recomend?
    You could do worse than trying Fairport Convention.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1it7BP5PckI

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I listen to all of those.

When I'm not listening to Marcel Marceau I mix it up with Jazz Blues Classic Rock even some classical from time to time. Pretty much a little bit of everything but rap

Preference is what is in 'that moment', so I listen to an eclectic mix.

For the poll I like Classical.

I go with trying to get close to "period" music or what I think passes close enough,,Duke Ellington, Armstrong,Billy Holiday,Tom waits ..i have an old download of Over There ,,and L Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma ,,,gives me goose bumps. of course plenty of beer and cognac helps set the mood as well.

I actually listen to a songs of WWI cd while playing

HEAVY METAL l..l, ,l..l FOREVER!!!!!

LOL, you do realize that a lot of Beethoven's work could be considered "Symphonic Heavy Metal," right? :P Personally, my own "metal" preference is a concerto on the Chicago Piano... there really is something almost musical about a Thompson firing on full-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    LOL, you do realize that a lot of Beethoven's work could be considered "Symphonic Heavy Metal," right? :P Personally, my own "metal" preference is a concerto on the Chicago Piano... there really is something almost musical about a Thompson firing on full-auto.
    yes my favorite classical is beetovens ode to joy. when asked by another metalhead why i liked classical as well i said "its the same thing, music to stir the emotions. its just 300 years older"

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    yes my favorite classical is beetovens ode to joy. when asked by another metalhead why i liked classical as well i said "its the same thing, music to stir the emotions. its just 300 years older"
    I just say:

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    One of my favorite compilation discs is title "Classical Thunder"
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Du doch nicht! View Post
    I just say:

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I voted for Rock, but I like anything that isn't rap (which really should be spelled with a silent capital 'C')

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    ... rap (which really should be spelled with a silent capital 'C')
    QFT!
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

rock, new age, jazz, but not western, or Rap!!!!

Gotta be the 70's. Bowie and Bolan/ Lou Reed and the rest of the Factory. Prog rock , (Genesis, ELP, King Crimson), Yes in particular. Sprinkle in a bit of Zep for the quieter moments and a bit of punk . Stir continuously for a decade and enjoy on ice.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Oh forgot (how could I !!) Pink Floyd..

Yay, Floyd, Moody Blues, The Who, Mike Oldfield, Phil Collins, OMD, Ulatravox well you get the picture

I vote for Rammstein anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Good group live I heard.

Voted the top three but everything from Beethoven through Nat King Cole to Led Zeppelin and all stops in between.
    See you on the Dark Side......

LOOP

"I'm a rocker" as the late Mr Lynott sang.
    I listen to both classic rock and more modern stuff. If it has a blues-feel to it, it is right up my sleeve

Listen to "Rival sons" or "The Temperence movement" and you see what I mean
    Last edited by LOOP; 10-19-2015 at 00:58.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    A bit of everything except rap
    But you play with it

As others before me have mentioned, I like a wide variety based on my mood.

I like Classical music (Bach's Brandenburg concertos are very good), some 80's Rock/pop (Survivor, "Mighty Wings" from the Top Gun soundtrack, and Billy Joel - though he kinda is a category in and of himself), southern gospel (Kingdom Heirs, Triumphant Quartet), Christian contemporary (David Crowder*Band, TobyMac, Seven Places), soundtracks to movies (Gettysburg by Randy Edelman), and a little country (Josh Turner, Rascal Flatts).

Here's one by David Crowder*Band I've been listening to recently:
    Last edited by HotleadColdfeet; 10-15-2015 at 08:05.

Hmm let me see - the word eclectic springs to mind...

Jimi Hendrix
    Pink Floyd
    Hawkwind
    Tangerine Dream (pre 1984)
    Rammstein (best live band EVER)
    Mogwai
    Jethro Tull
    The Cure
    Black Sabbath
    Type O Negative
    Bauhaus
    The Damned
    The Stranglers
    Siouxsie and the Banshees

Some modern prog: Touchstone, Mostly Autumn, Solstice

Music is a mood thing for me, what I listen to varies but my favourites over time have to be Pink Floyd, Hawkwind and Jethro Tull and Rammstein

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Good group live I heard.
    Unbelievable Paul.... amazing (think I have seen them four times now)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Possibly the biggest +1 ever known to the Aerodrome on this one!

Not to be morbid but Reise Reise is being played at my funeral at FULL blast - two of my female friends Down Under are going to ensure this happens. Got this idea from a friend of mine who was Saddleworth born Saddleworth bred Saddleworth-wide known and Saddleworth dead aged 56. Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell was played at his funeral at full blast and heard about half a mile away. RIP Broddy!

Rammstein make regular appearances at the Download Festival which is held at Donington Racing Circuit every year. Used to be better when known as Donington Monsters of Rock Festival until 2001 ...

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I voted for Other, because I prefer Rock, not Rap, and also like Jazz, Classical, and some Blugrass. I'm not fond of Country music, they cry in their beer too much.

I love many kinds of music so I checked all.
    I also hate a few...

Southern Gospel & Christian contemporary mainly but I do like some James Taylor and Eric Clapton every now and then. Not a fan of loud noise (rock & rap) . Love the acoustic guitar too.
    Last edited by Canestri10; 03-22-2016 at 20:00.

I love all sorts of music... my opinion is that good music is good, regardless of what language it's in (if it has lyrics), what genre it's from, or where it comes from. I'll listen to anything that has a good groove and touches my soul in some way or another.

For tabletop gaming, I like quiet instrumental electronic music like Boards of Canada. I find it helps me focus, and it doesn't intrude on the conversation with my fellow players.

As a background for WGF gaming i have a youtube collection of Historic Aviation Film Unit videos featuring WWI aircraft sounds........

I voted for classical and "other" -- that being musical theater and film music -- my youngest daughter is in the industry and I've been exposed to some very cool music as a result.

I'd say Classical and other. Mozart and Beethoven rule but the cd player also shares time with Above & Beyond, Enya, Loreena McKennet, Chris DeBurgh, Andrea Bochelli and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I'd say Classical and other. Mozart and Beethoven rule but the cd player also shares time with Above & Beyond, Enya, Loreena McKennet, Chris DeBurgh, Andrea Bochelli and more.

Wow, someone else who knows who Loreena McKennet is?! Love that genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    Southern Gospel & Christian contemporary mainly but I do like some James Taylor and Eric Clapton every now and then. Not a fan of loud noise (rock & rap) . Love the acoustic guitar too.
    Southern NZ or US?

If you like the genre, try out Zradio.com out of Orlando. They have four Christian stations; contemporary, rock, gospel, and hip-hop. My boys and I listen to the rock station a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BwanaJoe View Post
    Wow, someone else who knows who Loreena McKennet is?! Love that genre.
    Most have never heard of her. I have been lucky to have been to three of her concerts. Truly amazing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123