• Classical

46 27.22%
  • Other

72 42.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music Preference?

Default Music Preference?

So what are your music preferences? I like smooth jazz and classical music, you?

Wedding marches and funeral dirges.

Rock and pop despite my age (but I also like classical music; my favorite is Bach)

Attilio

Seriously, I like music from Classical to Heavy Metal and anything in between. Depends on my mood.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

Did you ever listen the songs "Aces High" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO6giM9UAv0) and "Tailgunner" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbMGXXrF7ac) by Iron Maiden?

I like very much rock, soul and pop.

G.

Classic Rock, 80s, even some Hair Band... and when I am working on my hobbies I like John Williams, James Horner, Michael Giacchino etc - Movie Scores...

Note that I was raised by two hillbilly parents (I mean that as a compliment), and was thus raised on Country Music. I rebeled against that in my high school years and turned to Rock. However I did end up working as the MC/DJ/Assistant Manager of a very large country Night Club in Central Ohio from 1993-2004. The "Cowman" name has its roots there. You could say I turned to the dark side for a while... and now and then I have a small relapse... shhhh... don't tell anyone!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Voted for rock but generally i prefer pop-rock to heavy metal.Also I don't mind jazz

Can't beat the 50's & 60's Oldies but goodies.

Waltzes.......and anything you can march to.

Default vote on it

i just love it all !!! can't go with it!!!!

I like the classical or movie themes when playing war games, it kinda puts things into '"epic" proportions! You know, like "a cast of thousands!" Really puts you in the mood for either a cavalry charge or a bombing run, or what ever your playing. Crazy huh?
    Joe

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

My personal music tastes are incredibly eclectic, from Black Metal, to Classical, to 70's Krautrock, to Dark Ambient, to Medieval, to folk, to electro, to rock (and/or roll), to disco, to Heavy Metal, to hip hop and rap, to Elvis and of course Johnny Cash. I am no fan of Jazz though, it's the one music genre I can't abide, mainly due to being brought up with it continually on in the background.

As I generally play at my opponents house the music choice is his, so it ranges from bleepy electronica to Tom Waits, to Hawkwind to Monster Magnet (last week).

Western, Bluegrass, Country (classic though, can't stand most modern 'country').

I also enjoy some classic rock (50s and 60s mostly, but a few things here and there that are newer), plus some classic (when in the UK that's all I listen to, as the rest of the radio is pop rubbish).

Trance. Electronica all the way. Deadmau5 is a favourite.

All sorts from 60's rock to 70's punk Heavy. Metal of all kinds some jazz and 80's new wave like Depeche Mode. then there's always ...GWAR !!!

I like big band mostly. But can enjoy all forms from jazz to other and those listed in between.

Tom

Apart from classical,pop, and jazz, I like electric folk, country, and comic opera.
    Rob
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I love classical especially Opera. Mozart being my favorate, but I still love all the other classical composers. I lisen to Opera whilst I am working on my model table. But I also like The Door's, Pink-Floyd, Yes, Hendrix, to name but a few, of the real heavy metal groups from the 60's & 70's.

I like all sorts of music, though not all jazz, classical, rock or other music is created equal. It really depends on my mood.

I really like a wide variety of music depending on my mood. We have converted our 1200CD collection to MP3 so we have music on demand through our media center. I use it to make play lists for game nights and poker nights.

Some favourite bands are:
    ----- ROCK / BLUES -----
    Pink Floyd
    Peter Gabriel
    Uriah Heep
    Boston
    Jethro Tull
    Marcy Playground
    Green Day
    Alice Cooper
    Alan Parsons Project
    Modest Mouse
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Long John Baldry
    Robert Cray
    Doug & The Slugs
    Crash Test Dummies
    Rammstein

----- AMBIENT / ELECTRONIC / NEWAGE / TRANCE -----
    Vangelis
    Jean Michel Jarre
    Mike Oldfield
    Moby
    Thievery Corporation
    Mind In A Box
    B-Tribe
    Enigma
    Delerium
    Deep Forest
    Air

----- FOLK -----
    Decemberists
    Garnet Rogers
    Stan Rogers

And soundtracks by Ennio Morricone and Basil Poledouris

I like Folk and Ballads.

Lucky

DISCO...70's 80s some 90s rock...classical...no country.

Also...check this one out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FX_Z...eature=related

I love classic rock. Just seems they put more thought and effort into the musical composition back in the 70's and 80's.

I also love progressive rock with bands like RUSH (my favorite) and Dream Theater.

Big band, swing, the Rat pack, that 1960's Vegas kinda stuff.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

You really can't beat a bit of Punk or Ska particularly SLF, The Stranglers, The Specials and though its not Ska Madness are legend

Default Country

Country Music, or early rock and roll 50's and 60's.

I like it when Schroder plays "Its a long way to Tipperary" for Snoopy!!!! Its a happy jaunty little tune...

I'm a garage and psych rock obsessive...had a massive collection of CD's that the missus kept...I took just a few...

Also love Jazz but not free jazz. Big band, Swing and some classical aswell as the crooners.

listen to almost anything, but the soulful melodies of rap and house are still elusive.....

Give me some Deep Purple and I am happy. Though i like (electric) guitar music in general. From 50s to 00s, as long it has melody and spirit.

Rock & Pop, Im a 70s lad but like Beethoven too

Well the tin ear doesn't help and these days I seem to listen mostly to audiobooks or my Kids' music but I like most things in moderation.

Metallica to Mozart and Bix Beiderbecke to Folk (Up to the point where they adopt a nasal tone and think a song with 20 verses is twice as good as a song with ten.

Classical and "Other"--most of my Buttkicking Mix is various film-scores, aside from MC Hawking's "Quake Master Mix"--it's Nerdcore, think "Stephen Hawking as brainiac gangsta-rapper". Not for play when kids are around, but if you ever played Quake III Arena in multiplayer you'll get most of it...

dammit I ticked all four boxes!!

Beebop Jazz, can't beat spot of Mingus. Anything with distorted guitars unless it comes from Manchester! Beethoven, opera, films scores (13th warrior is a fave) Marley, Zappa....

Generally not the dancey stuff or rap, talk about mood altering, rap makes me crabby so I can't listen to too much Henry Rollins!!

Dave.

Old Joke--- I like both types---Country & Western!
    Well I do like C & W but also Classical & Ambient with a glass or two of Red (or White) !

Incidently not sure how many of you have heard Garth Brooks version of "Belleau Wood" about the Christmas Truce.
    If memory serves me it was on his "Sevens" Album some years back & was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by LGKR View Post
    Wedding marches and funeral dirges.
    Now thats both ends of the Story!!!!!! lol!!!

Progresive rock from the 60s and 70s
    Neo-prog
    Psychedelic rock
    Music in the dialect of my hometown (Cologne, Germany)
    Early hard rock (Black Sabbath and such)

Basically, if it's not the modern crap that passes for 'pop music' nowadays, it's OK...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

Swing, Black/Norweyan metal, Electro, 90s pop, Good British folk.
    Difficult to beat some Glen Miller or jigs and reels.

Quote Originally Posted by petitbilbo View Post

Basically, if it's not the modern crap that passes for 'pop music' nowadays, it's OK...
    I'm with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by pivole View Post
    Swing, Black/Norweyan metal, Electro, 90s pop, Good British folk.
    Difficult to beat some Glen Miller or jigs and reels.
    So Diablo Swing Orchestra and Korpiklaani?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Laurence
    Sorties Flown

Pretty well, yes.

Anyone who has had a peek at my Ipod or my desktop hard drive would describe my tastes as "eclectic" (or maybe just wierd). I like just about anything as long as it doesn't give me too much of a headache.

Except Bieber, of course

All of the above and then some. Very eclectic tastes...Punk to Classical, Country to Rap/Hip Hop.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Scott Edwards
    Sorties Flown

Metal (Megadeth to 5FDP)
    Soundtracks (LOTR, Red Baron)
    80's Rock (Q5, Garry Moore)
    Classical

Scotty

depends on my mood,classical,rock,jazz just about anything but rap.

Tom Waits is a big favorite of mine. Anyone elses too?

I got Gunny Hartmann's "Cadence Mix" goin' right now...

"1, 2, 3, 4, United States Marine Corps!"

--Semper Diamondback
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    I got Gunny Hartmann's "Cadence Mix" goin' right now...

"1, 2, 3, 4, United States Marine Corps!"

--Semper Diamondback
    5,6,7,8, Move it along or we'll be late.

I remember a s___ bird in a rear squad replying.

What, you don't remember the cadence from Full Metal Jacket? It's a "Gunny Remix" of that from R. Lee Ermey's website...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tom
    Sorties Flown

I like rock, classical music (Dvorak, Smetana, Beethoven), but pop one to your liking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast