Ares Games

Thread: Wings of War PC is back?

Default Wings of War PC is back?

heroesandgenerals.com

Update 1.03 advertised as Wings of War. Had me going till I realised it was nothing to do with our game

I play Mem44 on line. It is just like the card game that they have. I often ask why can't ARES get the Wings game on the computer like that. The MEM 44 game is a card based game so the Wings game would follow the same format. They have some free games you can play but you can also buy GOLD to play solo games or you can play against others. it would promote the game and be an income source.

There's a new(er) computer game, Tabletop Simulator, that would work great for WoG, if a module was made for it.
    http://berserk-games.com/tabletop-simulator/
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

It's been done for X-Wing...

it has been done for Wings of Glory too. Did anybody ever play?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...bmnW2FABBWky80

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	334530605_preview_sdgsgd.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	284832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	284833Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steamuserimages-a.akamaihd2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	284834

Didn't Dire Wolf have the official license for Digital WGF as of a year ago?
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

I don't know. Several people bought them, nobody released anything as far as I know.

Here the complete but unreleased Playstation version:

Name:	WoWPlays1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	284836Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWPlays2.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	284837Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WoWPlays3.jpg 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	284838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30bis-playst.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	284839

A Russian software house actually bought an option, but did not do anything in the end.

Here Big Daddy's Creations' app verson, unreleased:

Name:	pic1295867.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	284841

Name:	pic1295866.jpg 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	284842

Name:	pic1295865.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	284843

Here the ePawn version - but ePawn failed the Kickstarter:

https://www.aresgames.eu/14804

Name:	610x250_WGS_ePawn_App.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	284840

And here's the Dire Wolf announcement from January 2019: https://www.direwolfdigital.com/news...-digital-life/

If they're gonna keep dropping the ball, there was a guy here who had an app that while it wasn't as slick with pretty graphics it WAS a playable game, and Honza has a companion app--maybe you guys should recruit them and suggest they combine efforts, since Ares still owes us an app as a Giants Kickstarter stretch goal IIRC.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

Holy Cow! New to me. Has anyone tried the Steam game. looks like it is called Wings over the trenches.

In very old times (~2012), I guess Missaak created a java version playable online. I played with Andrzej several times. Great experience.
    More about the end of his game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    In very old times (~2012), I guess Missaak created a java version playable online. I played with Andrzej several times. Great experience.
    More about the end of his game here.
    And he hasn't been on here since 2017, so it's safe to assume we're talking "Lost Media." Pity, if Ares could contact him and buy his code it would be a great platform to build out on, though then you have the Server problem. Hmm... maybe license it exclusively to the Aerodrome and Anchorage for Keith to put on the forum servers as Community Member Perks?

Ares, although i have a soft spot in my heart for them, are not businessmen. They purchased BSG IP in the world Star Trek miniature game can't break through. They could make easy money on mighty paper (= cards), and they don't. I really don't understand them, and i have even stopped trying to. But i am glad they are still there.

It's such a shame none of these official app projects ever came to fruition.
    To stay sane whilst in lockdown I've been having a bit of a tinker with tabletop simulator. The wings over the trenches module is nice if a bit tricky to actually use. Being more a WGS fan, I've started to bodge together a couple of assets for WGS but definitely more work required! At the moment I'm basically just re-purposing old projects I built ages ago for microsoft flight sim!

Name:	wingstest.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	285287

Great! Very interesting.

Out of the closet, this quite magnificent project:

Alas the Kickstarter project was cancelled.

A little more tinkering in TTS:

Name:	wingstest.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	285540

Looks nice, Mark, textures gave it much better feeling

Just...Zero pilot looks confused aboht direction of his flight

I'm continuing to tinker with TTS. As it is all the assets are there, aside from damage chits, to manually play the game with a very limited selection of poorly textured aircraft (P40E, F4F, Zero). In the meantime instead of finishing these, I've been distracted by the scripting possibilities. I'm not going for anything close to the fully scripted masterpiece that is the X-Wing add-on, but I have created a couple of simple toys which could be useful. I've separated the base model from the aircraft model and added buttons so you can easily increment the height of your aircraft when playing with altitude. This also means I can devote an individual texture map to each item which should increase the visual quality. I've been tinkering with scripted movement as well though that is possibly beyond the scope of a first release. For now I only have a few simple test buttons which move the aircraft a few inches forward! Here we see a P-40 chasing a test cube around the table:

Name:	wogtest.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	285967

For now I should probably concentrate on the damage chits and finish tidying textures then I can put up a limited first version on the steam workshop.

So many projects that didn’t come to life :

https://forum.unity.com/threads/wing...-alpha.271276/

The author says :
    This is an early alpha/prototype that I worked on for ARES games and their Wings of Glory game.
    Note that I worked on this prototype for free, as a proof of concept and to demonstrate my development skills (or lack thereof) to ARES.
    Note this game, at this time, has not gone into production, so if you are a fan of Wings of Glory and would like them to make this game please contact them
    .”

sounds just like Ares to me. This made me laugh.

Similar Missions

1. National: Wings of Glory / Wings of Past / Wings of Money
    By gratefulbob in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2017, 10:38
  2. WELCOME BACK
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 17:33
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 12:00
  4. Now that we have got our daily Wings of Glory fix back.
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 23:33