Ares Games

Thread: UH OH! More pictures from The Cowman... Run!

Cool UH OH! More pictures from The Cowman... Run!

My esteemed fellow colleagues... I sit here late at night once again unable to find that peaceful bliss known as sleep.

...and so I yet again have chosen to bore you with... oops I mean share with you some pictures I had on file. These were taken at the Wings of Victory Airshow 2008 in Lancaster, Ohio. Due to budget restraints this was the last airshow there, and I am not sure when they will be able to return... but they put on a great show! And it was only ten minutes from my home!

Please, please, please understand that I am by no means an aficionado when it comes to the Second World War, so try not to laugh if I got any of the aircraft names wrong in the pictures, and by all means please feel free to correct me so that I can fix my mistakes, if any.

Thanks for taking the time to check the pictures out.

The Photo Album can be found here... and here are a couple of pictures to wet your whistle... Enjoy!

Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ken,

Thanks for the pics...looks like they had a good show...BTW, you need to get a "day" job; sleep is good

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    Ken,

Thanks for the pics...looks like they had a good show...BTW, you need to get a "day" job; sleep is good
    Hehehe I am disabled and do not work or drive. I spend a lot of time stuck at home looking at the world through my 21" Monitor... Ever since the time change my days and nights have been kinda wacky... add to that that I deal with a lot of uncontrolled pain, and you get a lot of sleepless nights.

I guess you could say that my hobbies are my "day job"...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Hey!! I saw that P-51 Mustang at the WWII show here in PA (Reading) in June. Matter of fact I think it's been to that same airshow numerous times over the past 4 years. Love the P-51!!

Nice photo I saw the p51 a couple of years ago at the flying legends airshow at Duxford UK.

I saw these two mustangs at Shoreham Air Show last year

The second one is the middle one from Nick's first photo

Cool

Great pictures!!! I love P-51's and B-17"s. If they ever come out with the minatures, I'll start playing WoW WWII also.

Thanks for sharing your pics Tony and Nick... they are awesome! It is cool to know that the exhibits like the Belle are making their way around the world... and that so many of the Mustangs have been restored and are up there in the sky still... It is where they belong! I am still hoping to get to see a P-38 in action before I punch out...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Great pics all around! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Great pictures!!! I love P-51's and B-17"s. If they ever come out with the minatures, I'll start playing WoW WWII also.
    I have some 'in-flight' shots of a B17 too! From the same day. Hope to get some better shots next year as I now have a much better lens and camera.

Similar Missions

1. Posting Pictures
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2023, 12:38
  2. WWI - a thread of pictures
    By Attila57 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 12:50
  3. Finally...Pictures
    By gregbond77 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17