Ares Games

Thread: WGF WF04 - Brothers Bag a Brace of Bristols (WGF historical scenario for 3-5 players)

Default WGF WF04 - Brothers Bag a Brace of Bristols (WGF historical scenario for 3-5 players)

South of Cambrai, 12 March 1918: About 1110 hours (German time) commander of JG1 Rittmeister Freiherr Manfred von Richthofen was flying one of his famous red Fokker triplanes with his brother Leutnant Lothar von Richthofen and another officer just south of Cambrai. At 17,000 feet over the German lines the Rittmeister observed nine Bristol F2B two-seaters of 62 Squadron RFC and led his Kette into the attack.

This WGF historical scenario for 2-5 players set on the Western Front requires two Series 1 Ares reprint Fokker Dr.I (Manfred von Richthofen & Lothar von Richthofen) and three Series 7 Bristol F2B (Headlam & Beaton, Arkell & Stagg & Harvey & Waight).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGF WF04 The Brothers Bag a Brace of Bristols.jpg  Views: 64  Size: 267.0 KB  ID: 216455" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The original PDF of this scenario can be downloaded here - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2445
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 02-07-2017 at 23:18.

Oh, another challenge to put on the play list - thanks Carl.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

We shall see if the ace skills carry the day. If you read the account by the Rittmeister's victims Second Lieutenants Clutterbuck and Sparks they had rotten bad luck. The observer Sparks was wounded in von Richthofen's first attack (itchy trigger finger, perfect aim, sniper), then as the pilot Leonard Clutterbuck attempted to dog-fight the Triplane his Vickers jammed AND unknown at the time a spent case from the observer's Lewis gun when it was test fired early in the sortie had bounced into the pilot's cockpit and became lodged between the control column and the tank restricting movement. Von Richthofen then proceeded to shoot the Brisfit to pieces damaging controls and holing both the main and reserve tanks (perfect aim, sniper). The F2B landed in amongst the German trenches and before the aircraft had even rolled to a stop German infantry had sprung out of their holes to take the crew prisoner.

In an act proving chivalry was not dead however two days later the wounded observer Second Lieutenant Henry Sparks still in his hospital bed with bullet holes in his left arm and shoulder received a package - a half a dozen cigars from the Red Baron himself.

Thank you for doing these.

Happy to contribute Ken, I hope you are enjoying the missions.

I'm putting the together, in order, in a pdf. Then printing them out and keeping them with my kit. I'm a little old school in some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I'm putting the together, in order, in a pdf. Then printing them out and keeping them with my kit. I'm a little old school in some things.
    I have a display book with the mission printouts filed by Theatre of Operations. Nothing wrong with being organised

Similar Missions

1. Multiplayer: WGF EF03 - First and Last over Rozhishche (WGF historical scenario for 2 players)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 08:37
  2. Multiplayer: WGF IF07 - Baracca's Last Victories (WGF historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2016, 17:15
  3. Multiplayer: WGF IF09 - A Pair of Aces (WGF historical scenario for 4 players)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2016, 06:59
  4. Multiplayer: WGF FB01 - Enter the Englandgeschwader (WGF historical scenario for 1 or 3 players)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 09:11
  5. Multiplayer: WGF IF03 - To Catch a Caproni (WGF historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 06:23