Ares Games

Thread: Gentlemen, MAN YOUR PLANES! NHMGS Enfilade 2017 Convention Announcement!

Default Gentlemen, MAN YOUR PLANES! NHMGS Enfilade 2017 Convention Announcement!

The theme for this year is INVASIONS!

May 26-28, 2016
    Friday • Saturday • Sunday
    at the
    Red Lion Inn Olympia
    2300 Evergreen Park Drive, Olympia WA 98502

For more information, see the Enfilade website at: NHMGS - Enfilade 2017
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Originally posted on the 2016 Announcement thread (Link: Original Post):

Quote Originally Posted by Conepipe View Post
    Enfilade 2017

Mike,

Hi Doug and I used to have a group called the PSAF, Puget Sound Affiliated Fliers, and we were thinking about bringing it back to life at Enfilade 2017. This can by all means be a part of the Aerodrome as it has all of the necessary structure needed to resurrect the idea. We were thinking about having sanctioned battles where we could have careers, run campaigns, and the sort; you have to start out as a novice though. We have all of the forms rules stats necessary to do this at hand. We could have the group travel and meet once a month in various places to lessen the travel load. Your thoughts do you think we could pump some air back into the string bags a review a fading group. If this sound like it might be of interest let me know and I can get you some of the ideas and data to get this rolling for 2017.

Thanks
    Bill
    Mike

Hmmm...

Any ARRs?
    Mike

Wow. Looking through the Members who indicate Washington State as their location, and none of them have posted anything in this year?

Just... Wow.

Are you guys alright?
    Mike

Wondering the same thing, our active pilots are all rather new, which is cool, but many of our long time wingmen and wingladies are not very active . . . I know of only a few left from the AZ crew . . . : (

One of my chums has posted a report from Enfilade. Some air action (Cuban Missile Crisis using my Air War:C21 rules) but no mention of "Wings"

https://agamerstales.wordpress.com/2...from-enfilade/

Well,
    Doug [mrdugsir] was the guy that seemed to be the focus of the Enfilade 2013 group I first played with, and he hasn't posted since 2015.
    Lloyd [Lloydthegamer] was another game host, and he hasn't posted since 2014.
    Pat [pstapleton53] one of my mentors in paper plane building, hasn't posted since 2014. (Edited. Sorry, Pat)
    Tony [pflanzer] another game host, hasn't posted since 2015.

It appears as if the entire Washington State contingent of Wings players have parted ways with the game.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-31-2017 at 20:37.
    Mike

Yikes! Maybe the Russians have invaded after all . . . Red Dawn? War of the Worlds? The Martians? GODZILLA? . . . Back to my couch . . . Comfortably numb . . .

Default correction

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Well,
    Doug [mrdugsir] was the guy that seemed to be the focus of the Enfilade 2013 group I first played with, and he hasn't posted since 2015.
    Lloyd [Lloydthegamer] was another game host, and he hasn't posted since 2014.
    Pete [pstapleton53] one of my mentors in paper plane building, hasn't posted since 2014.
    Tony [pflanzer] another game host, hasn't posted since 2015.

It appears as if the entire Washington State contingent of Wings players have parted ways with the game.
    We're not dead, and I'm not Pete. Pstapleton53 is Pat Stapleton.
    Had a great time at Enfilade 2017. Doug and Bill and friends ran several great games of which I got in on a couple. One round, which I missed, damnit, had eight people playing! Most of them new to the game. I have gotten a couple of others interested in both building models and in playing the game, but they did not attend the con.

Pat Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by pstapleton53 View Post
    We're not dead, and I'm not Pete. Pstapleton53 is Pat Stapleton.
    Had a great time at Enfilade 2017. Doug and Bill and friends ran several great games of which I got in on a couple. One round, which I missed, damnit, had eight people playing! Most of them new to the game. I have gotten a couple of others interested in both building models and in playing the game, but they did not attend the con.

Pat Stapleton
    Sorry, Pat. My memory is not great after two days, let alone a few years. Corrected the above post.

Also sorry I couldn't make it down, yet again. Great to here there is activity on the tables, if not on the 'drome, and that there are efforts to grow the game. Any pictures to share?
    Mike

Several people came by and took pictures, and commented on my paper planes, but I haven't seen any posts of the pictures anyplace.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 11:00
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 15:07
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-29-2014, 08:50
  4. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 16:41
  5. Enfilade Convention in May
    By Pooh in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4