Ares Games

Thread: Dragon Hunt 1918 from Origins 2016

Default Dragon Hunt 1918 from Origins 2016

Here's the rules for the 2016 game of dragon Hunt 1918. Matt (matt56) assisted me running it, and typed up my notes here, which we both tweeked to get right.
    I used the D&D Assault Wing basic set for the dragons, bases and movement cards. All dragons use the Red dragon movement wheel; I scanned and printed it on card stock to load all three wheels for plotting. The flame template is described in the file; as soon as I can get to a good graphics program, I'll draw one out. (the CorelDraw7 I bought last year, then lost refuses to install, not recognizing the install keys. a complaint to the company got a "buy the new version" response )

Enjoy.
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2436

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I don't think anyone was able to get any good pictures from that event at Origins... I know I was busy with something official like (Pretty much the whole time!). We will remedy that this year. Fun stuff!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I wonder if we were to send a paper or card template of the dragon flame breath to Keith if he could run a few up out of clear plastic...? I will check with the Engineering Design class teacher at my school to see if he could perhaps run a couple up - he's often looking for student projects, and they have a laser cutter they teach the kids to operate...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I wonder if we were to send a paper or card template of the dragon flame breath to Keith if he could run a few up out of clear plastic...? I will check with the Engineering Design class teacher at my school to see if he could perhaps run a couple up - he's often looking for student projects, and they have a laser cutter they teach the kids to operate...

All the best,
    Matt
    Your school might be a better option right now; I understand Keith is quite busy with life
    I just purchased CorelDraw 8 (fingers crossed) and will try and install next week. (this weekend was busy)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I will take it in this week and see what our Engineering Design guy can do with it...

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I took the template to my engineering design teacher today, and he's run up a prototype in 1/8 inch birch for me - one of his students just delivered it to me 15 minutes ago. It turned out wonderfully, and I think he has some 1/8 inch clear acrylic he's willing to try it on for me next...

I shall post pictures when I have access to the appropriate devices...

All the best,
    Matt

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Here's the prototype flame breath template done up in 1/8 inch birch - the "Dragonhunt" scroll 'logo' is one I came up with as a header for the rules that I've run off to use and to share at games where folks want a copy of them for themselves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0766.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	216459

I look forward to seeing what it will look like in clear acrylic... I'll post those pics as it happens...

All the best,
    Matt

Just curious since I'm seeing so much of both of these...is there such a thing as a ZombieDragon?....or even a teenage, mutant ninja Zombie Dragon?

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

My engineering design teacher dropped this clear acrylic version of the flame breath template off around lunchtime today...I think it turned out pretty good!

Below you see it beside the birch one he ran off for me yesterday...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0774.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	216498

Thomas - you should be able to find a 'dracoliche' (i.e. undead dragon) out there somewhere - D & D Attack Wing may even make such a beast...but I don't think you'll be able to 'get your turtle on' with an equivalent TMNT Dragon...but I'm not well-versed in TMNT paraphenalia...

All the best,
    Matt

"Drake-a-Bunga!" ?
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Just saw this and have to get it to a friend that will love this. Thanks.

Similar Missions

1. Dragon Hunt 1918 at NOWSCon, Ohio, 24-OCT-15
    By Jager in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 12:09
  2. Tales of ORIGINS 2016;)
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 09:48
  3. Origins 2013 - "Bug Hunt 1919"
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 21