Ares Games

Thread: Demo Day at Games & Grounds - 29 December 2016

Default Demo Day at Games & Grounds - 29 December 2016

My FLGS (Link: Games&Grounds) finally got in some stock, so I set up a demo for the game. They brought in some combo packs (WGF600A - WWI RAP and four planes) to get people started.

It was advertised on the store Facebook page (Link: Facebook - Games & Grounds), and in my email to the local gaming group. However, it was a working day for a lot of people, and it is the season for family to be getting together...

Crusty, old curmudgeon ready to take on all comers:
    Name:  Game Host 20161229.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  120.6 KB
    My new (to me) No-Man's Land battle mat.

The table set-up, with one of each of the principle planes (Albatros D.Va, Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith Camel, SPAD XIII):
    Name:  Game Set-up 20161229.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  145.8 KB

I talked to a few passers-by, but no takers, until Alex, the owner, and her partner decided to see why I was pushing this game. Dave proceeded to take me out, assisted by Alex, and then Alex had to go manage the shop. I took over Alex's plane, and Dave shot that plane down, too!

Shane [Skyguy001] finished his X-Wing game with his friend, Matt, and came over to check out my demo. Matt finally decided to check out Wings of Glory, but was making it really complicated. I finally said, "Just play, stop thinking." He proceeded to pump lead into my plane for nearly a continuous five turns, with me barely tagging him. Down I went, again!

No pictures of all this drubbing, as my face was starting to match the colour of my shirt in embarrassment.

Some people had fun, even if it was at my expense. Perhaps a few more converts.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-30-2016 at 11:11.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. What's on your Workbench December 2016
    By Walter Nowotny in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 148
    Last Post: 01-26-2017, 15:25
  2. National Doncaster 2016 Games:
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2016, 04:55
  3. National Doncaster 2016 Games:
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0