Ares Games

Thread: Richthofen's to Brumowski's Albatros D.III: decal set conversion (the project)

Lightbulb Richthofen's to Brumowski's Albatros D.III: decal set conversion (the project)

I've been following the debates around the decision by Ares Games of including (yet another) Red Baron's plane on Series 3 re-printing.
    I think part of the disappointment by some forum members is that MvR's Albatross will replace Brumowski's one -- the little red fellow with the skulls is a good looking badass, and if you are lucky enough to find one on eBay these days you'll have to trade it by one of your kidneys.

I have my own Brumowski's Albatross D.III from the old days, and I always wanted to to re-paint some other Albatross after other of his machines. This one:

Name:  alb_153.52.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  41.7 KB

As it has been mentioned by other Aerodrome's member the new MvR's Albatross D.III will allow very easy and straight forward re-paintings for other Jasta 11 members.

But it also will allow a very easy and straight forward conversion for a Brumowski's plane. All you need is a 1/144 scale set of decals.

So here is that I will do:

I'll make a file for a downloadable and printable decals-set at 1/144 including decals for making two Brumowki's models: the one above and the original by Neux:

Name:  13841399_114844223892.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  11.9 KB

And will include a step-by-step instruction about how to pint and apply those home-made-decals after download them for members that are not modelers and do not know how to do it.

I'll also make a set cards matching each model, and a Brumowski's Ace card too -- (also downloadable & printable, with instructions so)

And then I'll upload everything to the Files Section so every one who wants to make an easy transformation from a MvR's Albatros D.III to a Brumowski's one can download, print at home, and do it.

I guarantee to every one, even those of you who never built a scale model or never applied a decal that it will be quite easy.

Now I have a simple question/request:
    what Ace Abilities should Brumowski have?

any ideas and suggestions regarding this project are really welcomed so feel free to let me any of you have one ore two or many

Thumbs up

That is so very generous of you Ezekiel!

You should add some German crosses for the upper wing.
    Attached Images  
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Very nice of you to share these decals you are makiing. I'll definitely do up one like the top picture. The hooded skull is very distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    You should add some German crosses for the upper wing.
    I will include them and the ones for the tail too

Similar Missions

1. Win a Brumowski Albatros D.III !!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 10:40
  2. WGF Albatros D.III Brumowski for sale
    By Nightbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 00:50
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 13:45