Ares Games

Thread: Pfalz D.III Decals

Default Pfalz D.III Decals

I'm re-painting a number of my new Pfalz D.III's and have come accross a slight snag. I can't find any decals to match the Balken Crosses like those on the "Holtzem" model.

All the ones I have are either to 'fat', too 'thin' or don't have the white border around the ends of the cross.

Does anyone know where to get these or another kit that may have them?

Have you looked at Dom's Decals ? I know they have similar, not sure if they're exact matches.

What about the Skytrex Balkenkreuz?

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    Have you looked at Dom's Decals ? I know they have similar, not sure if they're exact matches.
    Trust me. I have every 1:144 decals he makes. At least 3 of every sheet so far

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77
    What about the Skytrex Balkenkreuz?
    I think I have them but need to check, thanks.

Just checked and yes I have them too. They are too fat!!!!!
    Last edited by tonyc206; 11-15-2010 at 00:31.

Unlucky. Suspect you might have to make do with best fit rather than exact match, unless you either make them yourself or get them custom made. The only other source I know of is i-94 enterprises in the US, but I've no idea if their's are any different from the ones you have.

The other alternative is of course to to paint them on, or at least paint in the border round the ends, if you're feeling brave.

Quote Originally Posted by IRM View Post
    The only other source I know of is i-94 enterprises in the US, but I've no idea if their's are any different from the ones you have.
    Looked at them today and it's the same story. Eduard do them beautifully but for 1:48 Scale. I can't scan and scale them down or print my own as i can't print white.

The closest I've found are Dom's Jasta 15 sheet but they are too large as designed for the Fokker D.VII. They may be some that I can alter though. I may give it a try later.

Thanks for the suggestions and this is worth a note to the Col for his decal empire

I think I've cracked it boys. I took one of Dom's Jasta 15 Fokker D.VII large thin crosses and cut it down to 10mm x 10mm, then just painted the white ends on. Still a little rough when you get close up. Good enough I think.

Now for the underwing and tail noes (Gulp!)

More than good enough.

Looking at the picture of the Jasta line up in Osprey's Pfalz Aces the cross looks fairly chunky to me with a large white outline.

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    Looking at the picture of the Jasta line up in Osprey's Pfalz Aces the cross looks fairly chunky to me with a large white outline.
    I agree George and there are just no appropriate deacls available so I have done my best to match the one on the "Holtzem" Pfalz as that seems to be fairly standard in a lot of piccies that I have seen.

Similar Missions

1. Pfalz Pfun
    By Wolfbiter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 18:28
  2. Flying the Pfalz
    By Pooh in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 21:41
  3. Pfalz DIII vs DIIIa
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4