Ares Games
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: T.B.C. Awaiting discussions with ARES

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    No, the offer is still going and I just added all the items to my cart and it showed the discount. Did you by chance try to make this order before and not complete the process? The site will only allow you to get the discount once... I'm wondering if the site is confused about you already getting it.
    I tried once and no discount. I tried a second time, no discount and a third. Each time I add all 12 planes and the props and counters to my cart. The shopping cart is automatically emptied out after about an hour so I get to do this whole process again. What is our next option?

F-Toys 'Blue Maus' in action at "Salute 2017"............

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	223432

I don't think it is too pale; I DO think the Ares 'Blue Maus' is too dark - I hope I am wrong (and have ordered one from Keith anyway!)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Just placed my pre-order for:

MVR
    Blue Maus
    Baracca
    Flik62/S
    59 Squadron

Can't wait!

I've really been debating on what to get. I already have the Ni 17 Charles Nungesser, but I'm sure the new one will come with a card. So I may get that just for the card and one more. Most likely William Thaw / Gervais Raoul Lufbery, though my wife wants Francesco Baracca because of the history behind the Ferrari logo, haha.

As for the Ufag C.I and RAF R.E. 8, that solely depends on the which cards come with which planes. Some how I already have all three Ufag C.I, so I don't need any more unless a cool cards is among them. I already have one RAF R.E. 8, so again it's wait and see if a card makes me want to get that too.

Finally I would like one more Albatros D.III. I have Voss already and was hoping for Godwin Brumowski, but that isn't going to happen. I was leaning toward Hermann Frommherz, kind of neutral on Kurt Gruber and don't really need another Von Richthofen. Of course, like the others, I'd like to see what cards come with which planes, since after Voss and Brumowski I could get any of there really.

That will give me two Ni 17, with one double. I'll use the one that has the best looking/quality and save the other in case of breakage. Two Albatros DIII, far more than I originally wanted UFAG C.I and one or two RAF R.E. 8, depending on the cards they come with.

I guess I'm a little different in my purchases than most. I have several of the planes and I'm just trying to fill the gaps with the best buy I guess.

Frommerz was one of Voss's wingmen in Jasta 2 Ken so would be a good pick.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Frommerz was one of Voss's wingmen in Jasta 2 Ken so would be a good pick.
    Brilliant! Then that is the one I'll be looking for

Thanks,

I already ordered the full set from my local supplier, because it is the only way he sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    I already ordered the full set from my local supplier, because it is the only way he sells them.
    Full set? All 12 at once?

I had one LGS tell me to go buy them on-line. And another, after I got most all I needed, tell me he could have gotten them in. Go figure.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Has anybody seen any further images of these? I'm dying to know what the MVR Albatross really looks like in it's production form and if the wings and tail are light blue underneath.

For UK chaps I'm informed Entoyment, Poole have got their order in with the distributor and have models up for pre-order.

"He is wise who watches"

For UK chaps I'm informed Entoyment, Poole have got their order in with the distributor and have models up for pre-order.
    Oh, goody!

I'll be down there Saturday morning - I'll have a chinwag with Pete!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Any other UK vendors that anybody knows about and can recommend, particularly if they might be open to a discount for a large order? I used to buy from Doms Decals or Stafford Games but the latter have retired and the former has stopped selling the planes.

The official release date in the US is June 8th.
    http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I was thinking today about the colouring of the Frommhertz DIII. My conjecture is that it was a very pale blue as it appears very light in all the four images I've seen of it. My guess is that they used the underside blue paint, possibly mixed with white to paint the plane a baby blue. The aircraft must have looked quite pretty and most unlike a war machine capable of killing anybody hence the name: the Blue Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    Any other UK vendors that anybody knows about and can recommend, particularly if they might be open to a discount for a large order? I used to buy from Doms Decals or Stafford Games but the latter have retired and the former has stopped selling the planes.
    I have bought from GamesLore in the past Tim but more recently have bought from Entoyment - currently 10% off - sometimes I get an extra 5%.

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

I recommend you speak to Marquee Models at Harlow, Essex.
    Long-term customers get a 10% discount (I have a Marquee discount card) and he normally discounts everything by 10% at Salute in the ExCel Centre in April. If you want to buy bulk and can collect Marquee is probably your best option.

Barry

Try Gameseek in the uk, I have used this company for my sails fix of late and they come through everytime.
    I have checked and they do show they sell Wings, I just cant confirm stocks

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'll look into all of them.

I have yet to order yet... I'm more concerned about my shelf and storage space. I need more room to put my minis, and my plastic storage box may not be enough!

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    The official release date in the US is June 8th.
    http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products
    Oooooo, so they should be available at Origins, then?

Default Heads Up UK They're Inbound !

For UK chaps, I heard from Entoyment today:
    "...just a heads up for the lads on the forums that the next 12 WW1 planes are going to drop in to us from Esdevium early next week. I had notification from them tonight. We will have good stock of them all on first allocation, if they whack in pre-orders on the webstore then it helps a lot as I know how much to buy….otherwise I shall just get half a dozen of each to start with."
    Message ends ++++
    Last edited by flash; 06-09-2017 at 12:40.

"He is wise who watches"

I may well drop in there on Tuesday Dave. We are only just round the corner at Wareham.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

For UK chaps, I heard from Entoyment today:
    "...just a heads up for the lads on the forums that the next 12 WW1 planes are going to drop in to us from Esdevium early next week. I had notification from them tonight. We will have good stock of them all on first allocation, if they whack in pre-orders on the webstore then it helps a lot as I know how much to buy….otherwise I shall just get half a dozen of each to start with."
    Message ends ++++
    YAY!!!

I pre-ordered the whole set a week ago, so can pick them up a week tomorrow when I visit Entoyment next!

Also, just found the whole lot on ebay uk, listed as "available now" from Gamesquest.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I'm dying to see some pictures of the actual production models.
    Last edited by Timmo UK; 06-09-2017 at 14:22.

I'm dying to see some pictures of the actual production models.
    I'm looking forward to know what cards are coming and with which planes.

[Edit] feel free to pm me and let me know when someone finds out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I may well drop in there on Tuesday Dave. We are only just round the corner at Wareham.
    Rob.
    Poaching eh Wingco ?! Peter Valinski runs the shop and one of his chaps, Ethan, is a forum member, they know me and Tim well so introduce yourself and say hello from us.

"He is wise who watches"

I ordered the scouts sans Frommherz. That blue is too dark for my taste. My F-Toys model will continue to grace my hangar.

Just got confirmation of shipment of my order from Keith.

Was just at Guardian Games to see if they had a used copy of Bloody April (they didn't) and saw they had a few of this release it stock, but "all of the good ones were taken".

So... can anyone post pictures yet?

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Not yet Brian. My planes are still in the mail, hopefully Friday will be 'box opening' day!

"Entoyment" just emailed me, to say my pre-order of all 12 planes has arrived in store

I'll collect them on Saturday morning!

Smile

Hoping mine will arrive on Friday as well.
    Evan advised they would be dispatched yesterday from Victoria.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Hoping mine will arrive on Friday as well.
    Evan advised they would be dispatched yesterday from Victoria.
    Fingers crossed Barry. If mine are here Friday I will have them on a table at Emperor's Legions on Saturday morning, AAR will be posted in due course.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Fingers crossed Barry. If mine are here Friday I will have them on a table at Emperor's Legions on Saturday morning, AAR will be posted in due course.

We plan to use the 2 x D.III's I have ordered (the Blue Mouse & MVR) in company with my existing Voss Albatross against the new RE 8 & two Spad VIi's in a Bloody April re play at Games Club on June 27th

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Not yet Brian. My planes are still in the mail, hopefully Friday will be 'box opening' day!
    I shall dispatch junior management to collect my Fathers Day present then - well she did ask !

"He is wise who watches"

I collected my models from my local games shop yesterday afternoon. I was surprised by the blank piece on the grey Ufag's tail but that is shown on the Ares website.

Inbound from Entoyment (yes, l weakened after saying I would hold off this time round)
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

You'll make Peter a very happy man Steve !

"He is wise who watches"

Rep for the first person to post photos

Just received mine at work.
    Forgot I had changed the delivery address.
    There has been a lot of porch package theft in our area lately

Rep for the first person to post photos
    And the abilities. Especially what they are and on which planes.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Any reports of them reaching the UK yet?

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warspite' View Post
    Any reports of them reaching the UK yet?

Barry
    Post #424

Post #433

Post #438

Post #439

Poaching eh Wingco ?! Peter Valinski runs the shop and one of his chaps, Ethan, is a forum member, they know me and Tim well so introduce yourself and say hello from us.
    Unfortunately Dave, it did not come to pass, as Tuesday was taken up by a visit inland.
    As I had got my day at Pompey on Monday, I could hardly insist on yet another day in town.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Post #424

Post #433

Post #438

Post #439
    Nice try Tim.
    Unfortunately I can't see them.
    Rob.

Any word on the skill cards and planes?

Got my notification today that my new planes from Keith are on the way across the pond!

Thanks, Herr Oberst!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nice try Tim.
    Unfortunately I can't see them.
    Rob.
    ?????????????????????????????????????

These are Post numbers, posts in this thread..................................not photographs.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. What series 2 (WW2) are you awaiting the most?
    By The Blue Baron in forum Polls
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2020, 14:56
  2. What series 4 (WW1) are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 14:41
  3. Awaiting the Fokker Scourge.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 17:35
  4. Replies: 59
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 23:42
  5. What upcoming product are you awaiting the most?
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 17:30