Ares Games

Thread: It is Time! Looking for Origins 2017 Events and GM's!

Default It is Time! Looking for Origins 2017 Events and GM's!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you may know, registration for the 2017 Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio is now open! Planning for the convention is well under way for many groups, including the Buckeye Gamers in Flight, the Wings of Glory Aerodrome, and Sails of Glory Anchorage. I have been waiting for a bit of information to come in, so that I can create our event grid accordingly. I do need to start gathering up specific event information at this time, thus this post.

This year, I will be taking event submissions from not only the local club members and members of the WoG Aerodrome, but also will be posting this on select sites and groups on the web. Basically, if you are a fan of either WWI or WWII Wings of Glory, or Sails of Glory, are planning to attend the event, and have decent GM and people skills, I would invite you to submit an event!

As I said, the event grid has not been finalized yet, and submitting an event does not guarantee you a slot. All submissions will be weighed carefully before any final decisions are made. We are looking for both historical and non-historical fantasy events. Creativity and/or detail should be key ingredients. Our events will be run on 5’x8’ tables and are typically geared towards larger groups of players. “Eye Candy” on the table can be a very effective way of drawing in new players, and is something I will be looking for as well. This is our seventh year of running these events at the Origins Game Fair, with 150+ separate events logged so far. We work very hard at filling our events, so I will be working very hard to help you fill yours if it is chosen!

If you would like to submit an event, then please download the submission form found at this link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnhAA8c4sNwOiKQzY2rU3ed_GyHl9w

Simply fill out the form completely please, and return it via e-mail to cowman2697@gmail.com

If you have ANY questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at the above email address!

If you are looking for information on the 2017 Origins Game Fair, it can be found at http://originsgamefair.com/

I do live in the Columbus area, and if you are planning to submit an event, and/or come play with us, and need help finding a local hotel, please feel free to contact me as well. It is going to be a busy week in the city, and a lot of hotels are already booked solid. I should be able to help you find a reasonable room close to the convention center, possibly with bus service!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,
    Ken Head [Buckeye Gamers in Flight]
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad to see this up and ready to fill out, Ken! There are so many great folks out there capable of running fun scenarios - I look forward to seeing who wants to run what...

All the best,
    Matt

Thanks for getting this up with the submission form. This weekend I'll put together a few games to pass on to you.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Glad to see this up and ready to fill out, Ken! There are so many great folks out there capable of running fun scenarios - I look forward to seeing who wants to run what...

All the best,
    Matt
    Thanks for your help with it Matt. And I could not have converted the form were it not for Black Sheep One!! Oh, and you may be happy now... But just wait until I start sending you events to proofread and edit! ;-) LOL!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Ken, did you get my email?

well it looks like western ohio games club will be representing at origins again this year so that means ill be running at least one wings scenario. its there an outline of scenarios yet so i can plan something that doesnt conflict with bgif/aerodrome members?

What are the dates for 2017? I might be able to run a scenario if I am not cast in a show. I live in Northeast Ohio.

I am guessing that you want games of all sizes; not just monster sized tables.

Philip,
    When you say WINGs scenarios are you talking about the old Yaquinto Game?

Quote Originally Posted by skyking20 View Post
    Philip,
    When you say WINGs scenarios are you talking about the old Yaquinto Game?

no. just my shorthand for wings of glory.

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: Origins 2017
    By OldGuy59 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-18-2017, 08:59
  2. Origins Events 2014
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 23:54
  3. Official Origins 2012 Events thread!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 89