Ares Games

Thread: WWI RPG?

Default WWI RPG?

Has anyone thought of making or come across an RPG based in WWI? I'd love to run a role playing game based in the skies over the trenches of WWI..... I think it could be cool.

I hadn't even heard of this game until now, so this isn't a recommendation:

In Harm's Way: Aces In Spades
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

tsr had one back in the 80s called "dawn patrol". never got a chance to play it though so i dont know how it was.

I appreciated Dawn Patrol. Actually is a new edition of Mike Carr's Fight in the Skies, RPG-ized by TSR in 1982. You took care of your pilot's career between a boardgame session and the other.

In the same frameset of ideas, we are finalizing a Wings of Glory Campaign Set. On the shelves in the next months.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    we are finalizing a Wings of Glory Campaign Set. On the shelves in the next months.
    A lot going on with Wings of Glory.

Better start saving up ....

Nice. at least it'll go with the planes... so I wont have to shoehorn the WOG game into a different RPG.

You could also consider Savage Worlds & Weird War II - just leave out the 'weird' bit & retrofit for WWI.
    Also - apparently GURPS has a lot of material for this, but I've never played it, so that'd need to be checked out by you.