Ares Games

Thread: Cowman's Zeppelin Projects...

Cool Cowman's Zeppelin Projects...

Howdy All!

I was going through some old pictures and found a few of the two zeppelin projects I had put together in the past... so I decided to share!

My first Zeppelin was back in 2000... I was a HUGE fan of Wizkid's Crimson Skies Clix game and had collected all the aircraft and LE prize planes. I decided that some house zeppelin rules might make things more interesting... after all you get to fight zeppelins constantly in the video game version! So I got it in my head that I was going to build one and I did! I found an R-100 Airship Paper model online and used it as the basis for the model. After a lot of cutting, gluing, painting, filling, sanding, painting, and detailing I ended up with my first completed zeppelin... a little off scale for the game but perfect for ease of play. Here is a teaser pic:

My second project came in 2006. I was playing a lot of Aerodrome 1.1 at the time and our group decided to come up with house zeppelin rules. I figured if I had built one before, I could build an even bigger one... I took pictures of the project as I worked on it.

You can find all the pictures and descriptions of both Zeppelins in the album I put up here!

Here are a couple of teaser pics of the second one to hopefully get you interested!

Neither project was perfect... and if I were to build another I would definitely change a few things... but thanks for looking! I am willing to email you brownies for an occasional "oooh" or "ahhh".
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Having considered the Zeppelin, and the models built by members on the forum, i have come to the conclusion that for playability and storage, your cut down model fits the bill. It solves the problem of range for the Zepp's guns not being able to reach the middle of the craft using our standard ruler. As long as it looks suitably ponderous and awe inspiring I think it works for me.
    Nice job Ken.
    Rob.

Oh! sorry forgot. "Ahhh"
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

OOOOH and AAAAAH
    really those look fabulous.

Thx gents! I guess this means I had better start working on that digital brownie recipe...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I really like the "feel" of your first one. Not scale, but definitely usable in game play.

ahhh, oooh. Nice work. I wonder how Vodka and brownies will mix?

Default Digital payment as promised...

Digital Vodka for the "ooooohs":

Digital Brownies for the "aaahhhs":

...appears to be a good mix. Enjoy! (And thanks for checking out the album!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

I would ooooh and aaaah over the marvelous zeppelins, but I would need some virtual insulin afterwards.

I have to give respect to the Zeppelin conversion, and the fact that it is based on the British design adds more to its international appeal...

What caught my eye though was the players "boards"...

Ooooh, and indeed, Aaaahhh!

aaaaahhh for the first one, ooooooh and aaaaahhh for the second. I prefer the second one, even if the players look a tad underwhelmed by it all

I've got a Schreiber 1/200 card Zeppelin that I keep getting out and putting away again. Maybe one day........
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Great models and pictures cheers Aled

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    I've got a Schreiber 1/200 card Zeppelin that I keep getting out and putting away again. Maybe one day........
    Hey maybe I will have to look for one of those... might keep me busy over the winter months!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Similar Missions

1. Zeppelin Model!!!
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 09:32
  2. Movie Zeppelin
    By Coog in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 14:59
  3. My Zeppelin
    By Skullduggery in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14