Ares Games

Thread: Niagara Boardgaming Weekend, Niagara Falls, January 19-22, 2017

Default Niagara Boardgaming Weekend, Niagara Falls, January 19-22, 2017

Art [Gamewyzard] is planning on running Wings of Glory games at the: Niagara Boardgaming Weekend

The Niagara Boardgaming Weekend in Niagara Falls, January 19-22, 2017 will be the 14th occasion of the gathering, and will be held at:

RAMADA PLAZA NIAGARA FALLS
    7389 Lundys Lane,
    Niagara Falls, ON L2H 2W9 CA
    (905) 356-6116

Nice way to spend some cold winter days in central Canada.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Mike,

Thanks for posting this notification. For anyone interested in going to Niagara Boardgaming Weekend and playing, please let me know. On Friday, I will debut my Staaken or Hadley Page, not sure yet which one I will fly, but we will be playing some bomber missions. Please bring your planes and join in the fun.

Niagara Boardgaming Weekend website and Con details can be found here:

www.niagaraboardgaming.com

Please join our Facebook group as well. This is the one official catch all site for announcements, game planning and reaching out. There are many other forums NBW is discussed on, but we decided to centralize one official spot this year and Facebook is it.

If you have never been to NBW, you will be pleasantly surprised. Easy going atmosphere, friendly crowd and very easy to get into most games. Try us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamewyzard View Post
    Mike,

Thanks for posting this notification. For anyone interested in going to Niagara Boardgaming Weekend and playing, please let me know. On Friday, I will debut my Staaken or Hadley Page, not sure yet which one I will fly, but we will be playing some bomber missions. Please bring your planes and join in the fun.

Niagara Boardgaming Weekend website and Con details can be found here:

www.niagaraboardgaming.com

Please join our Facebook group as well. This is the one official catch all site for announcements, game planning and reaching out. There are many other forums NBW is discussed on, but we decided to centralize one official spot this year and Facebook is it.

If you have never been to NBW, you will be pleasantly surprised. Easy going atmosphere, friendly crowd and very easy to get into most games. Try us out!
    NP for posting this up, Art.

I boycott FB, so you won't see me there, ever. Sorry.

I'd love to go to every con and gathering, where-ever they are, but I have a Financial Advisor that doesn't hand out too many authorizations for them. I do get to as many on Vancouver Island as I can, though.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Name:  IMG_0576.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  144.4 KB

My view from the hotel room when we were that 2 years ago. Great people and a good time. Hope you all have a good time at the convention.

Thanks, Bob, great view!

Glad you had a good time. Look forward to seeing you there again!

WINGS OF GLORY.... WWI

We will begin play in the WAR ROOM on Friday! Doors open at 6:00pm.

The War Room is NEW this year to NBW. It is a room dedicated to war games, large and small, so they can stay set up longer. The main Ball Room is starting to get stressed on the weekend as Attendance has been growing over the years!

If you plan to play, please drop into the Facebook forum for Niagara Boardgaming and let me know.

Hope to start with a few Bomber Scenarios! Bring out the Big Boys! (Staaken and/or Hadley Page!)

Small image of the Main Ballroom at Niagara Boardgaming Weekend. I will post more images as I find them.

Name:  FB_Header_1.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  205.9 KB

Niagara Boardgaming Weekend is a fun, laid back, gathering of friends and family to enjoy your favorite board games, socialize and have fun! The format is Open Game Play, arrange time and game with friends, and enjoy! Pick up games are easy to start and easy to get into.

The crowd is also extremely friendly and welcoming, new attendees very quickly get into the mix.

Hope to see you all at the Ramada Jan. 2017!

Looks like a good crowd and so many games. Good to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Looks like a good crowd and so many games. Good to see.
    Solid group!!

This year again, looks to be a good year, we are ahead of last year in Pre-Reg.

I am going to throw out a QUESTION, if you can help....

I want to have a BOMBER mission for Friday. SAAKEN and HANDLEY PAGE.

Are there any recommended missions?

Any good ones someone can recommend?

Greatly appreciate any help in this, I have been unable to locate any at the moment.

Thanks

If only I'd known...Niagra is great location for a three day event...is this an annual? If so will put it on next year's calendar...

One other note...I always thought of Niagra Falls as eastern Canada...have a great weekend, it looks smashing (no pun intended).

Thanks, redcoon2, it was a great con!

Go to the Niagara Boardgaming Weekend website for details on next years gathering.

i will do a debriefing on our day of flying soon.

Flew the Straacken!!! Wow, what a beast.

Next year, our 14th annual gathering. 225-250 strong, and growing. We have a main game room, dedicate war room, for up to 80 people and breakout rooms.

All open gaming.

Visit it the Website for pictures and all the information to your questions.

Some images from our full day of Wings of Glory. Spent the day trying to shoot down a Straacken and Gotha Bomber. Mission, blow two bridges. By and large, the bombers prevailed. The Gotha did fall to the fighters but the Straaken proved invincible, if memory serves. A tough plane to shoot down.

Massive plane, completely dominates the map.

Name:  16105677_351280958586256_9197969658393105491_n.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  149.0 KB

Name:  16105624_351280985252920_8074230380586189933_n.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  239.4 KB

Name:  16106036_351281008586251_7488808183330032926_n.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  244.6 KB

Name:  16142860_351281031919582_3061030343131570763_n.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  243.7 KB

As you can clearly see, the regular fighters are dwarfed by this monster bomber!

For those of you who may be interested for next year, Niagara Boardgaming Weekend will be in its 15th year next year. As you can see above, the Wings of Glory game was played in the War Room, that can accommodate 80 War Gamers. The Main hall, pictured above can hold up to 200 and we have 2 additional breakout rooms that can accommodate another 60 gamers in each room.

You will spend no better weekend gaming with good friends. All open gaming, pleasant atmosphere, family friendly crowd.

Visit the Website for more information and visit the picture gallery.

https://www.niagaraboardgaming.com

The 15th Annual Niagara Boardgaming weekend will be:

Jan 18-21, 2018
    at the Ramada Plaza
    On Lundy's Lane
    Niagara Falls, Ontario.

Website has all the details.

Note, we also have a FACEBOOK page of the same name and we are on Boardgames Geek and TABSonline as well.

Thanks for the pictures Art, looks like you had a great game - you do need a bit of luck to down a Staaken or a big gang to beat it down !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Ontario: Any pilots from Niagara region?
    By Aftermath in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2016, 00:51
  2. Ontario: Niagara Boardgaming Weekend Jan 24-27
    By tailz in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 23:53
  3. Niagara Board Gaming CON
    By Canuck in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 02:47
  4. Ontario: Niagara Board Gaming CON