Ares Games
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Tripods & Triplanes - An invasion from Mars

I am thinking in terms of February 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    That soon?.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Optimist!

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

My birthday is in March/Mars.

Could this be an omen perchance?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Now that release date is drawing near I have realized that I have absolutely no idea what I have ordered. It was so long ago I have forgotten. Is there a website or order site where we can view our orders and maybe adjust? (I would love the Nieuport 16 reprints as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Now that release date is drawing near I have realized that I have absolutely no idea what I have ordered. It was so long ago I have forgotten. Is there a website or order site where we can view our orders and maybe adjust? (I would love the Nieuport 16 reprints as well).
    If you login to Kickstarter you can see what you ordered, although I have to say that your comment of "release date is drawing near" strikes me as somewhat optimistic.

Thanks Bruce. I got into it via the Ares site and found my order but it looks a bit strange. My Account shows T&T Invasion Pledge 1 $80 on the second line there is a Mk III Squid Tripod Pack for $18 Then subtotal $98 then discount -$80 Shipping $16 for total of $34! I am thinking that maybe the Invasion pledge has shipped and been paid for? There are 3 planes with the $80 set that I am looking forward to seeing. The German Camel, the reprint of the Nieuport 16 and the Red Triplane Dr1.

Hmmm... The Kickstarter Pledge Tracker didn't update my Second Invasion request. Might be a bit late to fix that.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

With Kickstater projects between the pledge, stretch goals, Add-ons and delays I forget too. So I tend to make spread sheets of what I'm expecting to get that I can refer to.

I have adopted a "whatever" attitude on my order, I will truly be surprised at what comes, if, when, or whatever. I have determined not to get frustrated or angry over a random chance fantasy game, I have a large supply of my own. Last of my Kickstarter daze for sure though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Hmmm... The Kickstarter Pledge Tracker didn't update my Second Invasion request. Might be a bit late to fix that.
    Well, I went to the Area Kickstarter Manager, and it agrees with the Kickstarter Pledge Tracker. I went back through this thread to see what I had posted as my pledge, and it was the same (Post #744). Phew! All good.

It has obviously been too long in getting here, or I'm getting early onset of that old guy's disease.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

What old guy's disease? I have forgotten.

. . . what's an old guy? What a young guy is when the Martians finally arrive?

Martians??...what Martians??...When did this happen...someone call Bugs Bunny to take care of em.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    I have adopted a "whatever" attitude on my order, I will truly be surprised at what comes, if, when, or whatever. I have determined not to get frustrated or angry over a random chance fantasy game, I have a large supply of my own. Last of my Kickstarter daze for sure though . . .
    A very sound philosophy Dave.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    A very sound philosophy Dave.

Rob.
    Thats the best way to look at this. I always wonder whats going on when people throw tantrums about not getting their new toys when they want them. I'm just glad ARES is still supporting this wonderful game. They could easily drop it and move on to more lucrative endeavors. (I shouldn't have said that!) When I get the pink slip in my mailbox I will then, and only then, let the little boy inside me get excited. Martians

I am in 5 Kickstarters right now. Two are not due til mid 2019, one is about a month late but shipping soon, and one is even more delayed than T&T.
    C'est la vie.

I've been very lucky with the KS campaigns I've pledged... though I'm not sure that's a good thing. Either way, I'm with Peter and Dave. It will come when it comes... and I'll be happy. And then I'll be looking forward to the next WGF (and WGS, who am I kidding?) release.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Similar Missions

1. AAR PTO Mission 3: Invasion of Malaya 1941/1942 - teaticket
    By Teaticket in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 13:58
  2. AAR: PTO 3: Invasion of Malaya
    By Warhawk in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 15:39
  3. The World of Thalia - The Planets of Humanity: Mars
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2014, 14:46
  4. BRF Invasion of Malaya 1941/1942
    By Marechallannes in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 10:00
  5. A vintage taste for your deep-fried Mars Bar!
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 13:34