Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead 2017 Sat 4 March 2017

Default Hammerhead 2017 Sat 4 March 2017

I have received the invite today for next years Hammerhead.
    Although still a while away can I get a general feeling as to the attendance and what to put on.
    The last two years we have had three tables , one each for the three Glory games are we happy for me to start this ball rolling for next year again with three tables or less?
    I am happy to do Sails again anyone willing to take on the mantle for WW1 and WW2, dont need to commit as yet just a show of willing hands in principle.
    If enough interest Ill book the tables and we can sort out later the details.

My hand is up for wherever your need is greatest Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Count me in guys...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I'll be there, doing whatever is needed, WWI or WWII.

Lest we forget

Good man John, and it was also great to see you at the weekend albeit fleetingly!
    Rob

I should be available for this; WGF or WGS of course................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Chris
    Count me in but for Aircraft this time.
    I will be able to manage the morning at least. My knees are not what they used to be.
    Reg

A tentative yes here, wings rather than sails.

Tony

All, we have three tables booked for Hammerhead again this year.

Provisionally we have

Wings WW1 Flying Helmut and Hedeby
    Wings WW2 John Biggles and Hawkhurst
    Sails Boney10 and Maverick and Wing Cmdr Kyte

These names are for organisation only and not to preclude others, we can generally get 4/5 per table.
    So thunk a think and pass on which table you would be interested in helping out.
    Format on the day I will leave up to the organisers of each table, we need helpers to take part in games but also to assist members of the public who need assistance and to spell others on the table so we can all look around and spend our ill gotten gains.
    Mark this one on the calendar it is worth it.
    Last edited by Boney10; 10-04-2016 at 03:57.

You can add me to that list Chris.
    Rob

Certainly Rob, as you do all three just was not sure which game you wanted to be acredited for

As long as I get one Sails game, you can stick me where you need me most Chris.
    Rob.

Ok, I also need some time on the WW1 table, after Doncaster I have some unfinished business with a certain pilot, revenge is needed

Hi Chris, Count me in to help where ever you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Ok, I also need some time on the WW1 table, after Doncaster I have some unfinished business with a certain pilot, revenge is needed
    Message from Simon.
    "I'll be your Wingman. Me sir oh yes me sir. Please choose me sir. "
    Kyte.

Count me in too Chris. Wherever I'm needed (or should that be wanted)?
    See you on the Dark Side......

I had a feeling that you may be a wanted man Neil.
    Kyte.

I notice on Facebook chaps that Hammerhead is expanding next year. They are using the George Stephenson Pavillion again, and the Cedric Ford one which they began Hammerhead in at Newark Showground when it moved from Kelham. Cedric Ford is the 'Gamers Lounge' apparently, whatever that may be. Possibly a sort of Officers Mess for a spot of R&R after a quick duel over No Mans land?

Sounds good to me Simon.
    Kyte.

OOH OOH
    PLEASE SIR, PLEASE SIR
    PICK ME, PICK ME

Black sails ahoy!

Hi all, the table size allocated for our three tables are 6' by 6' or three tables , is this enough or shall I ask for 8' by 6' ?

I may have double booked myself but will confirm that Hammerhead is where I'll be (sorry about confusion over WMMS or Hammerhead).

I can do WW1, WW2 or Sails.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi all, the table size allocated for our three tables are 6' by 6' or three tables , is this enough or shall I ask for 8' by 6' ?
    We should certainly get one eight by six Chris.
    Rob.

Count me in for either WGF or WGS

I will be at Hammerhead, but will need to confirm Club commitment first, before I can say whether I can help with WGF. If the club isn't putting on a game, I am more than happy to help out!

I have now received the table allocation and entry procedures, I will forward these on to John Biggles for WAw2 and Flying helmut for WW1 as the table leaders.
    Basically all three tables atr same as last year by the front door. Look forward to another good show.
    We get 4 free entries per table

I have so far

Sails Boney10, Maverick and Flying Officer Kyte, Jabba
    WW1 Flying Helmut, hedeby, Rebel, Scafloc
    WW2 Johnbiggles, Hawkhurst, deadly Marion , Strangely Brown

Please note the table allocation does not mean you have to be on that table it for ticket purposes.
    Any others just say you are with the wings / Sails team and we will see if we can get you in.

Please try and be at the venue for around 9 am to assist with setting up etc.

See you in a week or so

I will be there 8:30 -8:45

Unfortunately gents I am unable to attend this show now, apologies and will see those of you at Salute.

I should be there around 08:30 ish

I'll pop over and say "hello" at some juncture!
    I will be helping out with my own clubs (Cranwell Old Dirigibles) Battletech-Alpha Strike game.....

Be great to meet you Paul.
    Rob.

My apologies for being late with this but due to circumstances I will not be able to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    My apologies for being late with this but due to circumstances I will not be able to attend.
    Sorry to hear that, Neil.

Hope to catch up at some other show.

I fear that my next adventure will be Doncaster in September. York and a long car journey did for me so I'm loathe to take the risk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Neil.

Hope to catch up at some other show.

Sorry to hear the news Neil, look forward to seeing you at Doncaster if not before

Neil, you look after yourself, your presence on here is at more important than personal appearences for most of us, and your health is far more important than either of the previous.
    Be well, be safe, and fly long and free.

Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I fear that my next adventure will be Doncaster in September. York and a long car journey did for me so I'm loathe to take the risk again.
    Take care Neil, look after yourself. Will see you at Doncaster. Fly safe and watch your six.

Cheers lads. Comments like this raise the spirits. At present all is going well for first undercarriage repair booked in for 30th March. Probably 2 months recovery time then see what plans for the other half. It's this 2nd op that could impact on Doncaster.

Fingers crossed for your undercart repairs Neil.

Hope to see you at Donnie.

Look after yourself in the interim.

Keep smiling Neil and don't worry about Donnie, you have that new games room don't you, Donnie can always come to you

We will get you to Doncaster even if one of us has to come and fetch you...

Hope you all have a fantastic show tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't make it..but there's always next year.

hoping to get there before 9 to help set up

Best wishes for a successful event to all those who are attending.

I swung by the games this afternoon. It was looking good!
    Two of my club members were very taken with Sails - so much so, they have gone halves on a starter set....

Fantastic turn out by the forum today folks - I counter FOURTEEN forum members - well done everyone, really busy show. Full reports , pictures and AAR to be uploaded asap. Finished off the day by having an interview with Wargames, Strategy & Tactics Magazine so look out for lots of photo's of our game in the May edition.

Great fun day, but a tad expensive - me and my wallet are going for a lie down..........................

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Fantastic turn out by the forum today folks - I counter FOURTEEN forum members - well done everyone, really busy show. Full reports , pictures and AAR to be uploaded asap. Finished off the day by having an interview with Wargames, Strategy & Tactics Magazine so look out for lots of photo's of our game in the May edition.
    15 if you include me (walking stick and blue hoodie). I could not play today as I had other priorities but I did look in on both games 'in progress' and they seemed to be going well.
    I'm afraid that the lure of the Wars of the Roses (15mm) and Zombiecide took me elsewhere!

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Great fun day, but a tad expensive - me and my wallet are going for a lie down..........................
    I know what you mean… I tried to limit myself to some white metal, then some more, then I saw the brand-new Zombiecide in the bring and buy - it would have been rude to have turned it down.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warspite' View Post
    I know what you mean… I tried to limit myself to some white metal, then some more, then I saw the brand-new Zombiecide in the bring and buy - it would have been rude to have turned it down.

Barry
    Zombicide... OMG how much did you pick that up for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Osprey announces 2017 releases
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-27-2017, 15:01
  2. South England Date for the diary - Beachhead 2017
    By Mickowenuk in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 01:06
  3. Salute April 22nd 2017