Ares Games

Thread: At last! Updated official unofficial stats

Default At last! Updated official unofficial stats

I've just uploaded the latest deliberations of the Unofficial Stats Committee (with much appreciated help from John Snelling). These include info on 30 new aircraft as well as changes to some manoeuvre decks brought about by Ares introducing new decks.

The Excel version of the whole shooting match is here

PDF versions are here, here and here

Any suggested amendments will now have to wait until I get back from the land of Ikea Monday week.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Wonderful news! Thanks to all the Unofficial folks who work on this!

Great job.
    Thanks to all who worked on this.

Makes a bit of my work easier. Thanks Committee!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Would love to send multiple REPS to all involved, maybe I will just send cash : ) Thanks all, your efforts truly support the game players who like to build new planes and scenes! Cheers from the Elves as well!!!!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I agree with the sentiments above! Great stuff here, especially for those who go 'off-list' from Ares and Nexus models...

Thanks again for all the hard work on these charts

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

Yes a BIG to Steve for posting & everyone who contributed to the end result.

Well Done All!

A special thankyou to Guntruck. I appointed... Um... Dragooned... Um... Ok, Pressganged him into being the project manager of this release, without even doing him the courtesy of asking him.

Rather than telling me where to go, and what to do when I got there, he collated over a year's worth of scattered information, including a record number of new aircraft, moving quite a few from the Unofficial to the Official section, and did so cheerfully and enthusiastically. To him belongs pretty much all the credit here.

Top job Gunners

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I'll pass on special thanks, since many of the new planes were obscure models I designed for Shapeways. Hopefully Guntruck & other committee members enjoy the research aspect as much as I do. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ReducedAirFact View Post
    I'll pass on special thanks, since many of the new planes were obscure models I designed for Shapeways. Hopefully Guntruck & other committee members enjoy the research aspect as much as I do. ;-)
    Daryl,

A thanks to you for making those obscure aircraft available.

I have some in my collection and will be buying more once my painting catches up.

Currently on my want list

SP.1, WW1 observers (these are great), Voisin 8, Brandenburg D.I one of each, SIA 7B, Caudron G.6, Lebed 12, A.E.G. N.I, Voisin 5 Ca, Caudron R.4, Farman F.50,
    Grigorovich M-9 Flying Boat, Donnet-Denhaut D.D.8, and the Albatros J.I.

My wanted list grew a lot faster then the aircraft I have painted.

Thanks!

These look fantastic and it's a really useful resource.

Just one small observation - the stats for the BE12 look a bit generous. It should be B rather than A (single Vickers with unreliable synchronisation gear which only worked when the engine was above 800rpm) or B/B if you include the pilot's rear facing Lewis gun (almost impossible to use: ‘But why in God’s name', a phrase used by more than one ex BE12 pilot, 'was a rear-firing portside Lewis gun mounted? Bringing the right arm across the body and holding on to the stick with the left hand was treated as something of a joke. It may have scared away a few Germans trying a rear attack but nothing beyond that.’) And I'm not convinced it was materially more manoeuvrable than the BE2c or BE2e.

Tom

November 16 version - A couple of minor amendments for the BE12 and Rumpler G.III

Here (Excel)

and

Here (PDF)
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks Steve :thunmbsup:

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

A big thank you to everyone involved in producing these statistics.

Time for us to get busy on the AEG G.ii and G.iii, and all the rest...

In no way is this meant to put pressure on you fine stats committee members (it's hard to complain if you're not volunteering yourself, and I'm in no rush), but...

In the Wings of Linen WIKI I've created a category for planes that do not yet have "unofficial stats" but that do have 1:144 models (usually from Shapeways, but not always). I can't guarantee the list is 100% complete because I might have missed the category-tag as I was going through them, but at least it's a good starting point: https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Cate...hout_WoG_stats

There's a similar page for planes with models but no plane-cards (at least as far as I've seen): https://linen.miraheze.org/wiki/Cate...hout_WoG_cards

Was there not an official Sie-schu D1 cards in one of the old WoW boxes or card expansions?

And now that I look at my lists, also the Phonix C1, Fredrichshafen GIII, Sie Schukert DIII, Sopwith 2F1 Ships Camel are all also on the list as OFFICIAL plane with cards that came out in WoW products. Giants had 4 big planes models were never made for, the card packs also had some goodies added into them.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-05-2017 at 01:56.

Similar Missions

1. WGF Updated Aircraft stats
    By Guntruck in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-19-2014, 21:39
  2. Official Unofficial Stats V.3.1 Beta available
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 14:12
  3. To the Official Unofficial Aircraft Stats team
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 35