Ares Games

Thread: Game Room

Default Game Room

I was wondering how many people on this site have their own game room specifically designated to gaming. My best bud Ab has a game room that puts most Game stores to shame. Below are some pictures I took during a game of War Hammer 40k.

Lucky, lucky, lucky b ..... !

Only in my dreams - mind you, my daughter looks worried about her room now she has gone to Uni !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Smile I can only dream!

Very impressive! I have the dinning room table let alone an entire room!

Not as well stocked as yours, but serves my purpose.

Good God I wish, think she who must be obeyed and the boys might have something to say though (sigh)

Smile

Very, very nice.
    I have one about half the size but well laid-out, shelves, etc; 3m X 3.5m.
    It is not so well finished (I have not yet painted the new drywall or put down a new tile floor) but I have the materials. Oddly, my wife seems only too happy when I "retire' to the games room - she is sooo concerned about my welfare.

Nice. I could only dream of having such a set up

Very nice. Makes my corner of the wife's scrapbooking room look very sad indeed.

I cant wait till I retire......

Quote Originally Posted by Anav View Post
    I cant wait till I retire......
    Steve, it's worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    Steve, it's worth the wait.
    I have two years left and then a regular job and a house I own!!
    And believe you me, there will me a "man room".

Quote Originally Posted by Anav View Post
    I have two years left and then a regular job and a house I own!!
    And believe you me, there will me a "man room".
    I'm divorced. My whole house is a mans cave.

I used to have a lovely large, stand up in loft, I built my own playing area 9 foot x 5 foot, with all the old cupboards, shelves etc. for my stuff, kettle, heater for the winter, open window for the summer.....................sigh.

Now I have to take over my smallish dining room for two days, which gives me 7x5foot and all my lovely stuff really is out the way in cupboards or under beds etc

Quote Originally Posted by Belis4rius View Post
    I used to have a lovely large, stand up in loft, I built my own playing area 9 foot x 5 foot, with all the old cupboards, shelves etc. for my stuff, kettle, heater for the winter, open window for the summer.....................sigh.

Now I have to take over my smallish dining room for two days, which gives me 7x5foot and all my lovely stuff really is out the way in cupboards or under beds etc
    I know the feeling well At my last house we had a 32 foot through lounge which had sliding doors into the conservatory. I had a 12foot by 6 foot table which did not even inconvenience the people watching T.V. at the other end of the room. You could leave it set up for days. Now I have 5 foot by 6 foot. and large battles have to be in 15mm.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I have a spare room that size. But it's so full of boxes and excess furniture, that you can barely walk through it. I've been planning something like that for years now... I just can't make it happen. Hats off to Ab, he's living the dream.

I have the central loft area (12' x 9') with shelving for all my wargames stuff and a table about 6'x4' - but nothing to rival what's on show here - and beloved is constantly adding to the general storage under the eaves, which is starting to expand

Quote Originally Posted by BryanR View Post
    I have a spare room that size. But it's so full of boxes and excess furniture, that you can barely walk through it. I've been planning something like that for years now... I just can't make it happen. Hats off to Ab, he's living the dream.
    Sounds like, time for a garage sale.

LOL - although the divorce proceedings that could follow might mean I lose the loft anyway

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by BryanR View Post
    ANd you won't either. I was allowed to have the spare room as a man cave yet it seems I have to clear it out on a regular basis as the amount of boxes and junk multiplies

Hunter and I play in our sunroom, and although it seems to see more WOW action than anything else, it isn't specifically for gaming. I'd love to have something like in the pictures above, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

Scott

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. First game...
    By Covalima in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-27-2010, 13:29