Ares Games

Thread: Adolf Ritter von Tutshek Dr.1 colors

Default Adolf Ritter von Tutshek Dr.1 colors

I'm making good progess on my paper Voss Fokker F.1, employing some special tools that make the build quite enjoyable. More about this when that model is completed. However, I want to add a couple more paper Dr.1s to my collection.

One of these is Dr.1 404/17, flown by Adolf Ritter von Tutschek. I have an illustration of the plane's sides and upper surfaces but not the undersides of the wings and fuselage. I'm supposing these areas should be sky blue. Are the lower wing crosses set in black panels as are on the upper wing? Is the underside of the rear portion of the fuselage black?

Blue Max vol 9 of Aeronaut covers this with a profile and some description. That sounds right but the underside is described as light turquoise blue.

"Fokker Turquoise" is the description I've seen.
    In my "authentic" paints (make of that what you will) "German Sky Blue" is a richer, darker hue than other types of Sky Blue.

The underside of the black-painted part of the fuselage would probably have been black as well.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Underside of wings light turquoise. Check.

Tim, your authentic paint set.....is this a home brewed set of colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R. View Post
    ..One of these is Dr.1 404/17, flown by Adolf Ritter von Tutschek. I have an illustration of the plane's sides and upper surfaces but not the undersides of the wings and fuselage. I'm supposing these areas should be sky blue. Are the lower wing crosses set in black panels as are on the upper wing? Is the underside of the rear portion of the fuselage black?
    This may (or may not) help you, Larry. It's from an Eduard model, still an artist's impression, which should always be taken with a grain of salt but seems many others of his machine are similar.

"He is wise who watches"

Many thanks, Dave! This 4-view illustration is just what I need!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-04-2017, 03:19
  2. On this day 9 January - German ace, Max Ritter von Müller, shot down
    By 7eat51 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-28-2014, 20:33
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 09:13
  4. Adolf Ritter von Tutschek' Black D.III repaint
    By Nightbomber in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 27