Ares Games

Thread: Where are we at with WGF releases?

Default Where are we at with WGF releases?

Hello,

I have been away awhile again. Set 7 is the last complete set I have. Is 8 out yet?

TIA,

Aaron

Ah, I found my answer....8 came out this spring. Looks like a series 3 reprint is on the way yet.

Hi Aaron,

Good to see you back. Series 8 has been out for a while (Aviatik D.I, Nieuport 28, Hannover CL.IIIa, Macchi M.5). Series 9 is coming out this month and is available for preorder here on the forum (Phonix D.I, Nieuport 11, Albatros C.III, Sopwith 1-1/2 Strutter).

Cheers,

Carl.

Thanks, Series 8 is on the way. Will keep an eye out for 9.

I see there are some reprints due out as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post

Series 8 has been out for a while (Aviatik D.I, Nieuport 28, Hannover CL.IIIa, Macchi M.5).
    Fokker E.5, Carl. Aviatik D.I was Series 6.

Have a look here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ased-minis-WWI

Dan-Sam - LL member 2016 - is responsible for this nice thread.

Series 9 is to be published soon.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Ares' site indicates series 9 should release so time this month. I am sure we will get more clarity either at Gencon or through Keith in the coming days/weeks.

I spoke with Keith before he went on Vacation and he said that Series 9 may deliver as early as this week unless they get hung up at Customs.

Getting senile. I forgot that I had ordered those

Better clear some space.

Aaron, I'm actually teeing up a checklist spreadsheet on Google Docs, as soon as I finish a similar one for WGS.

Shouldn't need an account, but it WILL be Read-Only unless you download your own copy--which is the intent.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Aaron, I'm actually teeing up a checklist spreadsheet on Google Docs, as soon as I finish a similar one for WGS.

Shouldn't need an account, but it WILL be Read-Only unless you download your own copy--which is the intent.
    I also have WGS, so look forward to seeing it.

The WGS checklist is on my Dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/s/790s1sdlba...klist.XLS?dl=0 - I'll start a separate thread for it and link the WWI once built too.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

I am now briefly caught up on WWI, less the giant bombers of course.

Not sure if I will ever get more than 1 of those.

Nice Aaron! The Giants certainly are worth adding to your collection. I hope you consider getting all of them, I am betting you will regret it down the line if you don't. But then again, this game isn't nearly as plastic crack addicting as War At Sea....

Yeah, snag the KS Editions while you still can before they're all gone.

As for the teased checklists, links for WWI and WWII in sig.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    Nice Aaron! The Giants certainly are worth adding to your collection. I hope you consider getting all of them, I am betting you will regret it down the line if you don't. But then again, this game isn't nearly as plastic crack addicting as War At Sea....
    Probably lucky Wizards stopped production because otherwise I would not have near as much cash to splash on Wings. I do need to get the plastic navy out again, a bit sad that 400 ships have sat in dry dock for so long...

Ten thousand, drydocked in mothballs for almost a decade...

Spent the evening putting all my planes out of foam storage and back into original boxes. To many to keep buying foam and easier to identify what is what,

Thanks for the update on WW1 series 9 Carl. Now to hassel the Postie.

Ten thousand, drydocked in mothballs for almost a decade...
    Unlike neglected girlfriends these ladies are quite happy to wait for the next time you get a chance to take them out

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    Spent the evening putting all my planes out of foam storage and back into original boxes. To many to keep buying foam and easier to identify what is what,
    Too late for me Aaron I tossed the original boxes years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Too late for me Aaron I tossed the original boxes years ago.
    Yeah, I am that guy that had all the boxes in storage even though I moved the planes to foam trays. Since the last time I had organized into foam trays there are three more sets. Just not worth the cost since I rarely travel with them or use more than a handful at a time, so I decided to move them back to the boxes for now to keep everything safe and organized.

I did find a couple of props that had snapped off due to the foam, so is will also help. Besides it will make it much easier for my estate to figure everything out in the future.

My boxes are long gone. I use photo storage boxes that are clear so its easy to see what is in each box without opening them up.

Yeah, snag the KS Editions while you still can before they're all gone.
    You talked me into it. Found them at a great price, so I am sure I can sell off a couple if I decide having them all is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by afilter View Post
    You talked me into it. Found them at a great price, so I am sure I can sell off a couple if I decide having them all is overkill.
    Sell some off? Whats wrong with you boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Sell some off? Whats wrong with you boy?
    LoL....just a justification mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks for the update on WW1 series 9 Carl. Now to hassel the Postie.
    Bad idea -- "DON'T EVER ANNOY THE HORN!" ;)

Bravo! Good call! You won't regret having them!

Similar Missions

1. Next Series of WGF new releases...
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 10:59
  2. What we know about future releases
    By Dan-Sam in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-11-2014, 04:50
  3. New WOG Releases
    By armstrongjohn1 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1