Ares Games

Thread: Time for more pics from the Historical Aviation folk!

Smile Time for more pics from the Historical Aviation folk!

Found this great shot of SE 5a's flying in NZ at Sunset with a DH-5 lurking at the rear.

Enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 SE 5a Sunset.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	203695

Great shot Barry, worthy of a desktop background.

GOD! I want to move to New Zeland just to be close to those. Excellent pic--thanks!

Wow, what a great shot with the sun on the aircraft like that!

Gorgeous, That deserves a large framed print!

Nice one Barry.

Thank you.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Wot?? No Corsairs????
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Great shot Barry, worthy of a desktop background.
    I have it on my computer at the present!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Wot?? No Corsairs????

Be patient Steve!

You find such great photographs, Barry!

Super shot! Thanks, Baz!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Nice shot in the low sun Baz

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

First the Corsair, my favourite WW2 Airplane and now the SE 5a my favourite WW1 Aircraft.
    It doesn't get any better than this.
    Thanks Barry.

Do these people in fact, do promotional posters? If so, how do I get them in the US?

Beautiful.

Work sent me to NZ a couple times back in the 90's. I'd love to go now and see these!

Thanks nice picture!

Love SE's! Thanks!

Don't you wish you could be up there with them.

Great one Baz

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Do these people in fact, do promotional posters? If so, how do I get them in the US?
    No but they do issue a Calendar for sale each year.
    Check out the Vintage Aviator website & Omaka Museum site. They also have DVD's available.

What's that chest on the upper wing of the DH.5 for?
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    What's that chest on the upper wing of the DH.5 for?
    Ah, that would be the auxilliary gravity fuel tank...or a Lewis gun he forgot to unpack before fitting a la SE5a!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    No but they do issue a Calendar for sale each year.
    Check out the Vintage Aviator website & Omaka Museum site. They also have DVD's available.
    Actually none of the Historical Aviation Film Unit (HAFU), The Vintage Aviator (TVAL), or the Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre (OAHC) produce an annual calendar.

There is one photographer in NZ who produces a (small) calendar in collaboration with the New Zealand Warbirds Association, which features a variety of aircraft. I'm afraid for political reasons I'm not going to mention any names, but if you really want a copy you can check out the merchandise page of the OAHC website.

TVAL does sell a few of those calendars through their hangar shop, but not through their website. They also sell Phil Makanna's excellent WW1 Ghosts calendars through their hangar shop. If you want a good calendar featuring WW1 aircraft (most of them TVAL ones), you can't go past Phil's work: http://ghosts.com/products/2015-worl...one-calendar-1

From our (HAFU) point of view, generally it's not worthwhile producing calendars or posters, simply because we're at the nether regions of the earth, and generally those of you in the Northern Hemisphere don't like paying for shipping paper from way down here, to where you are -- shipping any printed material is not cheap unfortunately.

However, in saying that, virtually all of the photos that you'll find on our website (http://www.aviationfilm.com), or on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AviationFilm/) are available for purchase -- all you have to do is ask. We're happy to give you a price for printing and shipping -- all you have to do is let us know what image you're interested in, and how big you want it.

To be honest I'm not too keen at this stage to spend a great deal of time making up a whole table of prices and sizes, but if enough of you express interest here then we might reconsider, which would then give you a good feel for what you'd have to spend to get a print of your favourite HAFU image ;-)

Cheers
    Allan

--
    Historical Aviation Film Unit

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiAce

However, in saying that, virtually all of the photos that you'll find on our website (http://www.aviationfilm.com), or on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AviationFilm/) are available for purchase -- all you have to do is ask. We're happy to give you a price for printing and shipping -- all you have to do is let us know what image you're interested in, and how big you want it.

To be honest I'm not too keen at this stage to spend a great deal of time making up a whole table of prices and sizes, but if enough of you express interest here then we might reconsider, which would then give you a good feel for what you'd have to spend to get a print of your favourite HAFU image
    Worth knowing; thank you very much. I'll have to look into it.

Similar Missions

1. Colour Pics of Soviet Aviation
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 10:20
  2. WW1 Aviation Art & Pics.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 13:35
  3. Historical Log Book Pics
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1