Ares Games

Thread: Role Playing in Wings of Glory

Default Role Playing in Wings of Glory

I have drafted some suggested rules and a 'Crew Log Book' (record sheet) for introducing an element of role-playing into Wings of Glory. I do not think there is anything very original and please accept my apologies if you think I have stolen any of your ideas. I acknowledge that the 'Ace level table' comes from Carl Brisgamer.

See what you think of them. They are in the attached pdf file. I will also submit them to the files section for possible inclusion.
    Attached Files

im an avid role player and would love to get into a wings of glory campaign. there doesnt seem to be enough interest in my area for such a thing though. i think it would be great fun!

Hi Dave, the role play element could be very cool but many war gamers are difficult to engage in that way. The campaign element is very engaging for that crowd however.

I have a long history of involvement in both streams of gaming and I for one would love to see some role play aspect to flesh out pilots. I will download your doc and check it out. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I have drafted some suggested rules and a 'Crew Log Book' (record sheet) for introducing an element of role-playing into Wings of Glory. I do not think there is anything very original and please accept my apologies if you think I have stolen any of your ideas. I acknowledge that the 'Ace level table' comes from Carl Brisgamer.

See what you think of them. They are in the attached pdf file. I will also submit them to the files section for possible inclusion.
    If you have a look in the campaign section somewhere I posted a whole RPG system for use with WoG - its called Bloody April - feel free to loot/copy/steal whatever you like - I play it with some of my gaming buddies and it has always gone down well although characters don't tend to live very long lives, lol (if they can survive crashing in training)

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Link to above mentioned thread
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...eferrerid=3903

If I knew how to link the files I would

Thank you for that, Chris. There is a great deal there to work through. It is far more complicated than what I suggested.

I did get a bit carried away

Similar Missions

1. Playing Wings of Glory (a review/commentary of sorts)
    By Flashman in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 20:53
  2. Wings of War - The Role-Playing Option
    By Hedeby in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-13-2013, 02:20
  3. My wife and I playing Wings of Glory (ROUND 2)
    By billingspike in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 02:41
  4. My wife and I playing Wings of Glory Rd. 1
    By billingspike in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 18:19
  5. Role Playing
    By KirkH in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 22:38