Ares Games

Thread: Question regarding the "Perfect Aim" special ability

klonoa

Default Question regarding the "Perfect Aim" special ability

At the end of the section explaining perfect aim it says that the effect is lost if the plane is hit (if you are using the disruption rule). I do not understand this. Using perfect aim seems like a instant ability that you use so I am not sure how you would lose this bonus to disruption. (I do understand how disruption would cause you to lose your normal aim bonus).

EDIT: sorry, I realize I accidentally posted this to the WWII thread rather than the WWI

Hi Daniel,

The +1 damage with Ace skill Perfect Aim is the standard Aim bonus, but you don't have wait for the second consecutive phase of fire. As the Aim bonus is 'Disrupted' if the aircraft is hit (zero damage cards don't count) so too is Perfect Aim. So you can't use that Ace skill the phase after your aircraft has taken damage, but as soon as you fire again without taking damage the previous move you get the +1 bonus. I hope that clears it up?

Quote Originally Posted by klonoa View Post
    At the end of the section explaining perfect aim it says that the effect is lost if the plane is hit (if you are using the disruption rule). I do not understand this. Using perfect aim seems like a instant ability that you use so I am not sure how you would lose this bonus to disruption. (I do understand how disruption would cause you to lose your normal aim bonus)...
    I think the idea is that taking damage makes the pilot flinch, or, otherwise distracts him, and he cannot focus on his aim in the next phase so cannot use the aim bonus or perfect aim in that phase.
    For instance you might be positioning for a shot on an aircraft but before you get into that position another aircraft or a gunner of the target aircraft gets a shot on you - the disruption that causes means you cannot use Perfect Aim next phase when you might have got into position to use it.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

klonoa

Just to clarify then. When using Aim or Perfect Aim, if you are hit the turn that you are using it, disruption will not take effect until the next phase? For instance, Plan A is shooting at Plane B for the second time in a row. Because of this he receives the aim bonus. During the firing step he is hit by Plane B as well. Plane A still get the aim bonus during this firing step correct? Disruption will take effect next round.

That's how disruption reads -
    "If an airplane takes at least one point of damage it loses any Aim and Tailing advantages for the next phase. Damage cards with a value of 0 don't cause disruption"
    Have to say I don't recall playing a game where anyone used this rule so haven't used it in practice. It will make taking on two-seaters and bombers a bit harder if you do use it.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by klonoa View Post
    Just to clarify then. When using Aim or Perfect Aim, if you are hit the turn that you are using it, disruption will not take effect until the next phase? For instance, Plan A is shooting at Plane B for the second time in a row. Because of this he receives the aim bonus. During the firing step he is hit by Plane B as well. Plane A still get the aim bonus during this firing step correct? Disruption will take effect next round.
    Yes correct.

Similar Missions

1. When is your DIY plane "perfect enough"?
    By petitbilbo in forum Polls
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-14-2023, 03:51
  2. Technical Question Re "Anti-Flash White"
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2016, 20:33
  3. Wings of Glory Special Pack "Dambuster" im Einsatz
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2015, 11:56
  4. Replies: 0