Ares Games

Thread: GPS

Default GPS

After vacationing in Europe in '08 and visiting the beautiful city of Munich for Oktoberfest in '09, I found that driving around the countryside and neighboring countries to be a bit confusing. Can anyone recommend the best GPS to use in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Poland and maybe Russia if time permits in 2011 and Italy in2012.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

I found Tom Tom handy enough when I was travelling from Amsterdam to Munster, it even makes sure you aren't speeding and if you pick up the smaller one it can be used as a handheld device.
    http://www.tomtom.com/

Thanks for the info Stewart. What model number do you have? I have an old Magellan that I don't like.
    How does it make sure I'm not speeding, just a verbal reminder? And since I'm not a slow driver, can that function be disabled?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Mines a 'Tom Tom One'. It beeps at you when you are speeding but unfortunately I am unsure as to wether or not it can be disabled, but I found it really helpful especially when I ended up unsure of speedlimits on some roads, I just sped up till it beeped and slowed till it stopped