Ares Games

Thread: Custom Cards

Default Custom Cards

How do you make a repainted plane's card (If you do at all)? I've seen downlaods for them, but what if you want to make a custom plane? Do you paint over the card? Is there some kind of computer program? I've never repainted before, but I'm gonna try I (with about 1% confidence) .

Hunter

If you have access to Photoshop, it is the best to use. If not, try GIMP. It is free and very powerful (if not completely user friendly). The base files here on the site are setup in layers so that you can adjust the color hues to change colors. The trick is to use layers and copies of layers to change colors and delete sections of the layers to show colors from beneath them. I'm sure you can fine lots of You Tube vids on how to use GIMP to do what you want.

Like all things, just start playing around with it and you will start to learn.

Hunter,

If you haven't got PS or GIMP, I don't mind knocking up a card or two for you. All you need to do is send a decent resolution photo of a top-down view of your plane (JPEG's good), and any stats if they are different from the standard card for that aircraft.

PM me for my email address.

Steve
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I've just put a bunch of custom cards in to the file area. Mostly Dr.1's (Jasta 11) and Albatroses. There not approved yet, but should appear soon.

I used scanned cards and photoshop CS2 to change the look of the planes.

I'll join the ranks of those who are avaiilable and enjoy doing customs. WWI and WWII. Just PM me with a photo of the top of your repaint if others are busy.

Thanks everyone! I haven't painted mine yet, but I hope I will soon. If I can get around to anything, I''ll surely notify you guys.

Hunter

Similar Missions

1. Silly Custom cards!
    By =Binks= in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 09:02
  2. Formatting custom cards
    By leadpusher in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 17:28
  3. Custom Cards?
    By rapier1642 in forum Hobby Room