Ares Games

Thread: Unboxing-P-47D Thunderbolt (WGS111...)

Default Unboxing-P-47D Thunderbolt (WGS111...)

I didn't find any unboxing on the new Republic P-47D Thunderbolt from series 6.

I just received my P–47D Thunderbolt (Mohrle, WGS111A) from Keith. Shipping only took 2 weeks which is good.
    So I deceided to open a thread for the P-47D unboxing.
    Maybe some else can do tghe unboxing on the other two P-47D models (WGS111B, WGS111C).

My first impression on this model was "WOW". The level of detail is great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-47D Thunderbold-unboxing1.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	201518 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-47D Thunderbold-unboxing2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	201519

But when turning it around I saw the same holes on the wing as on the new Bf. 109 K-4. What are these for?

Name:	P-47D Thunderbold-unboxing3.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	201520

This P-47D (Mohrle) comes with special ability "LARGE DROP TANKS" and the Ace skill "LUCKY PILOT". The P-47D uses a T-Maneuverdeck.

Name:	P-47D Thunderbold-unboxing5.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	162.3 KB 
ID:	201521 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P-47D Thunderbold-unboxing4.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	201522

The maneuverability of the P-47D is not outstanding but with BBBB of damage on shortrange and a durability of 21 points
    this flying canon should stand its ground and be a match for a lot of the axis aircrafts

Love this plane model. I am still wondering why the right slow side slips are different length.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Love this plane model. I am still wondering why the right slow side slips are different length.
    Good point. I didn't notice that untill you mentioned it.
    I just checked. It is only one of the right slow side slips (#15) that is shorter.
    There is one normal side slip with no stall symbol for each side (left and right) and there is also one side slip with the stall symbol for the left and right side.
    From these two cards (#16, left and #15, right) the right one is a little shorter. I guess the #16 (left side slip) has a typo, because it should be shorter too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sashdash View Post
    Good point. I didn't notice that untill you mentioned it.
    I just checked. It is only one of the right slow side slips (#15) that is shorter.
    There is one normal side slip with no stall symbol for each side (left and right) and there is also one side slip with the stall symbol for the left and right side.
    From these two cards (#16, left and #15, right) the right one is a little shorter. I guess the #16 (left side slip) has a typo, because it should be shorter too.
    It would be nice to know which is correct or if it is a typo.

I can't really think that the SSs should be different; radials didn't have the same amount of torque that rotaries did.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I have just measured the different sideslips of the T-Maneuver Deck (cards #13-16).

Name:	Deck-T-Druckfehler.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	201845

I think that card #16 is a typo. It should be shorter (horizontal and vertical) like card #15.

I have to disagree; I've heard nothing about the P-47's performance to indicate a right/left bias. I think card 15 is the typo. The fact that it gets a second set of SSs as difficult maneuvers is a mark of it's maneuverability, while not making it too maneuverable.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    I have to disagree; I've heard nothing about the P-47's performance to indicate a right/left bias. I think card 15 is the typo. The fact that it gets a second set of SSs as difficult maneuvers is a mark of it's maneuverability, while not making it too maneuverable.
    Karl
    A stall maneuver normally is a breaking maneuver and therefore speed would be lost.
    In this case the covered distance should be shorter.
    Otherwise I would have left the stall symbol away.
    But I am no expert on this plane so probably only someone from Ares can tell us how it was ment to be.

Well, the diamond isn't a stall; it's a difficult maneuver indicated so that you can't plot 2 in a row.
    Hoping Andrea can shed some light.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well, the diamond isn't a stall; it's a difficult maneuver indicated so that you can't plot 2 in a row.
    Hoping Andrea can shed some light.
    Karl
    Sorry Karl,

my mistake.
    Of course I ment to say "steep" instead of "stall".

I am very sorry, it is actually a typo. Thanks for noticing, I will tell Ares so that they will correct in reprints.

All the best,

Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    I am very sorry, it is actually a typo. Thanks for noticing, I will tell Ares so that they will correct in reprints.

All the best,

Andrea
    Hi Andrea,

thank you for the info.
    Can you actually tell which one of the two cards is wrong. #15/18 or #16/18?

regards,
    Sascha

Whise question! Thew shorter one, #15, is wrong. All the four cards were meant to have arrows of the same lenght.

Whise question! Thew shorter one, #15, is wrong. All the four cards were meant to have arrows of the same lenght.
    Thank you for your quick reply and for letting us know.

Regards,
    Sascha

Thanks for letting us know. I was puzzled at Origins why the short slips were different playing in Daniel's game where I flew a P-47.

Now for one of our graphics gurus to make a small correction overlay so we can print it on a label and stick it on the card. I'd do it if I had the skill but sadly I don't.

Andrea, can you also clarify the situation regarding the 'steep' manoeuvre icons, please? Should all the cards show 'steep' icons?

Any chance of getting replacement cards for the maneuvers and the incorrect skill card concerning smoke removal? I have 5 of the new P-47s.

It is correct that two of the cards are steep and two are not. This is one iof thge way to graduarte plane's agiklity. It already happened in the past with other decks, both WW1 and WW2.

So card #15 should look something like that.

Name:	Maneuver Card 15 - Deck T- P47 (150px).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	202558

I've used card #13, added a steep symbol and the right card number.

That would be what I'm hearing.
    Karl

Thanks for doctoring the card Sascha. I'll print up a batch of these to replace the error card. REP!

Similar Missions

1. New Bf 109K-4 - Unboxing
    By Nightbomber in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 06:12
  2. New Thunderbolt card question
    By Teaticket in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 11:23
  3. Valom D.VII unboxing
    By Nightbomber in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 25