Ares Games

Thread: Anybody know of a "drop in" pilot/pilot head figure for old Nexus planes?

Question Anybody know of a "drop in" pilot/pilot head figure for old Nexus planes?

I'm a little annoyed by the rather obvious lack of crew on many of the older Nexus aircraft (Dr. I, Albatross DVa.), not helped by the painting of the cockpit in the body color. Since they're simple, open to the top cockpits, and the only real part of the crew visible would be the head, as in Ares models, does anybody know of a pilot figure that's simply a "drop in" to the cockpits? Basically all you would have to do is paint it, then glue it in. Likely a shapeways product, either designed for the doing this, or adaptable to do it. Or at least a figure requiring minimal modification? If there isn't one, than somebody at shapeways ought to make one.

It's been done on Shapeways. Check the list of items available via Shapeways on the Shapeways Forum and look for accessories.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Peter Pig do a bag of four "strips" of 4, three pilots head-and-shoulders, and one head-shoulders-and-one-arm-dropping-a-bomb observer!

Reviresco (Tin Soldier) do a bag of 30 full body pilots and 3/4 body gunners; excellent for Gothas and HP 0/400s
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I've used the Peter Pig figs in mine Brasel, they work fine and it does make a difference.

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

The Shapeways manufacturer who does all sorts of pilots and observers is Reduced Aircraft Factory - I have some and they work like champs

All the best,
    Matt

Thanks everybody! If I had known that such a detailed list of shapeways products existed, I likely wouldn't have posted this thread. Oh well.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Not to worry - that's how you find out where all the cool stuff is! Someone points you to a spot and then you get to investigate all the other nifty things you weren't anticipating finding there...

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. General Historical Basis of "Unknown Pilot" Planes
    By EhindsVCS in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 05:17
  2. Article On "My Weekend With A Kamikaze Pilot""
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-28-2014, 17:52
  3. 1/144; "There or There Abouts" - 1/140 "Sky Pilot" Mig-3