Ares Games

Thread: Aircraft Data Table

Default Aircraft Data Table

As I'm currently re-writting my campaign rules, to update them and include FotG stuff, I put together a table combining all the data available for each WoW Plane.

As You can see I have added a few extra planes that I've managed to get data for (Some validated and some not).

So what I'm looking for now is data for as many WW1 Planes as possible to make a complete table. So if you have a favourite plane and have made up the data for it, put it up here and I ca add it to the table.

Happy to take comments on the accuracy of the current data.

I'll also put a copy of the jpeg in my album
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-31-2010 at 06:20. Reason: Updated table to version 1.1

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Looks good to me - if you're making it a generally available resource (yes please....) I'd suggest making it clear which stats are "home brew" rather than official so as not to confuse newcomers.

PS - Siemens - Schuckert D.I's definitely not an O deck - probably an R from memory, or at best an I, as it was a Nieuport 17 copy. (I seem to recall it was underpowered though, so R sounds right - I think there's an official card for it somewhere....)
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-31-2010 at 04:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Looks good to me - if you're making it a generally available resource (yes please....) I'd suggest making it clear which stats are "home brew" rather than official so as not to confuse newcomers.
    Good call Dom. I'll make that distinction when I do the next update. Maybe highlight the 'official stuff' or put it in a different colour, or bold. I'll put a version number on as well so people can check if the one they have is up to date.

All the non-official stuff we can discuss and agree on here and I'll add/correct it as appropriate. Maybe Andrea has already done some of this work and could contribute quite a bit.

Anyway give me your data guys and I'll build the table. Each new version will be posted in my photo album

Tony
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-31-2010 at 04:26. Reason: clumsiness

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Couple of quick spots:

Not sure about the tail gunner in the Aviatik D.I - presumably that should be "B, A"....

Halberstadt D series - not sure about the A guns - I thought they were single-gun right through - the D.V had the MG moved to the other side rather than a second one added afaik. Are the "A" options from a card, or a house add on?

Sopwith Pup I'd remove the Q deck option - it's too "fast" a deck for it, so I or a custom deck are the current options.

Dom.

PS - heading out shortly, but I'll try and run up a few more "house" suggestions for British stuff later - things like FEs, BEs and Strutters shouldn't be too hard to figure out, as the performance data are all in the History Of The War In The Air.

PPS - maybe have unofficial stats on a grey background and official on the light blue?
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-31-2010 at 04:47.

Siemens - Schuckert D.I's definitely not an O deck - probably an R from memory, or at best an I, as it was a Nieuport 17 copy. (I seem to recall it was underpowered though, so R sounds right - I think there's an official card for it somewhere....)
    Found the Card. It's an 'E' Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S
    Not sure about the tail gunner in the Aviatik D.I - presumably that should be "B, A"....
    Well spotted, thanks.

Halberstadt D series - not sure about the A guns - I thought they were single-gun right through - the D.V had the MG moved to the other side rather than a second one added afaik. Are the "A" options from a card, or a house add on?
    There is an 'A' friring card for the D.III in the immelmann set (Otto Bernert - 18/18). I've changed all the rest to 'B' firing.

Sopwith Pup I'd remove the Q deck option - it's too "fast" a deck for it, so I or a custom deck are the current options.
    Done. Just the 'I' deck for now.

I've just changed a few others after going through my cards again. Official data is now in bold. The ammend version 1.1 is now in the first post of this thread.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Well you live and learn - just had a search for Bernert's Halberstadt:

http://cs969.vkontakte.ru/u16600561/...x_e63fdcc0.jpg

Caption is: "ltn Otto Bernert poses with a unique Halberstadt D III most likely when he flew with Jasta 4. This aircraft boasted two LMG 08 machine guns, both mounted on the starboard side and fed by a complicated arrangement of ammunition belt chutes. This modification was very likely carried out at the Jasta level by some very skilled mechanics"

Table looks like it's shaping up nicely, although the bold versus not bold seems pretty hard to make out on screen - I suspect shrinking it down to screen resolution makes the distinction hard to spot, so I'd still vote for grey background to unofficial ones. Also maybe add a column with where you can get the plane cards / decks for official ones. (Probably just initials with an explanation at the bottom - FA, Famous Aces, CF, Crossfire, etc...?)

the bold versus not bold seems pretty hard to make out on screen - I suspect shrinking it down to screen resolution makes the distinction hard to spot, so I'd still vote for grey background to unofficial ones. Also maybe add a column with where you can get the plane cards / decks for official ones. (Probably just initials with an explanation at the bottom - FA, Famous Aces, CF, Crossfire, etc...?)
    I'll sort them with different backgrounds on the next update once I get some new data. I may do the other column later if I get time, though it's of no use to me personally, I can see where others may benefit. Trouble is some planes only have a card or two and others have multiple cards spread accross a number of different releases (box sets, boosters. etc...).

C'mon guys there must be some of you out there that play with planes not on this list? Just tell me what stats you have created for them.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Sorry I ended up spending most of the evening reformatting my printing PC's hard drive which was, umm, thrilling.... Living the dream.... A long day of printing, posting and the day job tomorrow, but if you can email me the table (I assume it's a spreadsheet before you turn it to a graphic) I'll pop on the "source" column and try to add a few planes on Tuesday. (Especially having seen Rob's BE2....)

Dom.

Similar Missions

1. Simple table top
    By KiltedWolf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 12:19
  2. 25+ Planes on the same table?
    By Dathbain in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 11:02
  3. Table Top
    By KiltedWolf in forum Hobby Room