Ares Games

Thread: WGF IF07 - Baracca's Last Victories (WGF historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)

Default WGF IF07 - Baracca's Last Victories (WGF historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)

Northern Italy, 15 June 1918: As the Austro-Hungarian Army launched a massive offensive across the Piave River, leading Italian ace Maggiore Francesco Baracca and the rest of the pilots of his elite 91a Squadriglia fought for control of the skies over the battlefield.

This WGF historical scenario is designed for 2-3 players and requires a Series 1 SPAD S.XIII (Baracca), a Series 3 Albatros D.III (Hautzmayer) and a Series 3 UFAG C.I (Luftfahrttruppen).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGF IF07 Baracca's Last Victories.jpg  Views: 78  Size: 254.0 KB  ID: 199500" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The original PDF of this scenario can be downloaded here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2313

Thanks for numbering your scenarios the way you do.
    Makes it very simple to ensure there are no "holes" in the collection.

Thanks Pete, that was the idea. The naming conventions I am using are as follows:

'EF' = Eastern Front. Anywhere from Archangel to the Black Sea 1914-1920.

'IF' - Italian Front. Includes mainland Italy, Albania, Adriatic Sea 1915-1918.

'PF' - Palestine Front. Includes Palestine, the Sinai, Arabia 1915 - 1918.

Down the track there may be more added like 'BF' = Balkans Front or 'DF' = Dardenelles Front.

One issue with writing scenarios for these 'secondary' theatres is that many of the aircraft used were older or more obscure types that have yet to be included in the WGF roster - Farmans, Voisins, BE2s, BE12s, Aviatik C.Is, Roland D.Iis and the like. For these scenarios I am using only official aircraft to make them accessible to the majority of the community.

Glad you are enjoying the products. Please post AARs if you get a chance to play any of these missions. I will run a couple next weekend at a FLGS games day and will post the results.

More good stuff, can see some solo coming out from these.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    More good stuff, can see some solo coming out from these.
    You could definitely solo play these with the WG Solo app or any other of the solitaire rules. I am not mentioning these in the scenario brief as I am keeping it to official published rules only. Players with access to other options can of course adjust the missions to suit.

Well this one has been played out - it's a tough challenge. if you want to see how I got on with it have a look here

"He is wise who watches"

I also had a go at this one on the weekend with a couple of other players at a FLGS - http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...957#post429957

It proved a very bloody affair indeed!

Similar Missions

1. Multiplayer: WGF IF01 - The Falcon Falls (WGF historical scenario for 3 players)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2018, 13:44
  2. Multiplayer: WGF IF04 - Action over the Adriatic (WGF Historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2017, 10:18
  3. Multiplayer: WGF IF02 - Defending Pola (WGF historical scenario for 3 or 5 players)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 20:08
  4. Multiplayer: WGF IF03 - To Catch a Caproni (WGF historical scenario for 2 or 3 players)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-24-2016, 06:23
  5. Solo: WGF EF01: Krisanov's Last Patrol (WGF historical scenario for 1, 2 or 4 players)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 06:49