Ares Games

Thread: Topside minis developments

Default Topside minis developments

An interesting extract from their latest newsletter:

'...WWI Ship Set Update

Jutland 1916

We have collected the data on about 275 ships, planes, and airships for the Jutland set we are producing. We are now entering the design phase where we do the research on collecting accurate image data for the ship illustrations. It is going well and we expect to be able to show you some finished ships by mid summer.

There are other WWI navies that need to be created as well and we will complete OOB for them too. The ship lists for these navies are not yet complete but we can assure you they will be well represented.'

You can see their current range here: http://topsideminis.com/

Interesting!

Thanks for the heads-up.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

These look great to use with Wings of Glory.

I have hundreds of Axis and Allies ships for WW2 but only a couple of those are good for WW1. The best thing about these Topside products is you can put the aircraft base on top of them!

Yep saw the newsletter and the fact they are producing a whole collection of German cruisers E boats , landing craft etc . Worth a look

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

They offer a freebie unit - just registered, has to be worth a look...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

I got the Uranami destroyer for free. last year.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    They offer a freebie unit - just registered, has to be worth a look...
    Indeed they are wonderful, a bit small though, I do wish they made them 1/200 and 1/144 scale to give my elves a rest : )

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I picked up the WWI Falklands battle ships - great mix of German and British ships to use, and the 1/1800 scale looks nice on the table...

The Jutland fleets will be wonderful, and I sure hope they do Austro-Hungarian and some Italian and French ships sometime "soon".

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

Yes they are excellent to put under 3D War at Sea models for WW2 gaming so you can remove the 3D model when Aircraft overfly the model.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Indeed they are wonderful, a bit small though, I do wish they made them 1/200 and 1/144 scale to give my elves a rest : )
    I don't know Dave they are close to ground scale. Plus you can field a more of them in the table!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I don't know Dave they are close to ground scale. Plus you can field a more of them in the table!
    Ground scale? Ground scale? Never heard of such a thing, scale is scale! : ) : ) And who has a small table? I am looking to make a 12' x 12' and use push sticks like in WWII . . . : ) or have elves move the minis! Yeah, that's the ticket!

or

Last edited by clipper1801; 06-18-2016 at 21:12.

I played a Battletech game back in the 1990s where the map took up the entire floor of the games room, to move mechs you had to pick your way across the battlefield dodging units and terrain. Each side had a regiment of mechs plus conventional units, took 2 months to play out. Those were the days, I wish I had taken a photo

Meaning no disrespect, but: Does it really count as a "miniature" if it's just a sticker on a piece of wood?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Ground scale? Ground scale? Never heard of such a thing, scale is scale! : ) : ) And who has a small table? I am looking to make a 12' x 12' and use push sticks like in WWII . . . : ) or have elves move the minis! Yeah, that's the ticket!

or

So, Dave, are all your elves female?
    So how many books are in your personal library?

OH no...what have you started? David will now have the elves converting his garage space into a control room........
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    So, Dave, are all your elves female?
    Silly, this is only a suggestion : )

Similar Missions

1. Topside minis
    By Baxter in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 23:42
  2. Topside Minis Naval War Gaming Miniatures
    By Steel Legion in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4