Ares Games

Thread: Trying to make Cards for my Vickers Gun Bus

Default Trying to make Cards for my Vickers Gun Bus

Has anybody done a study on the cards length of straight arrow in cm on the cards do to speed? For example the straight for a Fokker DVII is 67cm and its speed in 117.4 mph. If so where is the file? Thanks for your time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    Has anybody done a study on the cards length of straight arrow in cm on the cards do to speed? For example the straight for a Fokker DVII is 67cm and its speed in 117.4 mph. If so where is the file? Thanks for your time on this.
    The straight for a Spad XIII is 6.0cm, a Fok D.VII is 4.7cm, you don't count the head of the arrow as the base overlaps it. If you look at the tools for working out stats you will see the associated speed bands in kph.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The straight for a Spad XIII is 6.0cm, a Fok D.VII is 4.7cm, you don't count the head of the arrow as the base overlaps it. If you look at the tools for working out stats you will see the associated speed bands in kph.
    The head of the arrow is on all cards so counting it doesn't matter the ratio would be the same.

Mike, not sure if you are looking to do a manoeuvre deck for the Gunbus, or the plane card. If the latter, are these any help?

Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    The head of the arrow is on all cards so counting it doesn't matter the ratio would be the same.
    Seems I might've misunderstood your question then Mike.
    The shaft of the arrow is the actual 'card speed' of the model in the game, which is what I thought you were after in comparison of the actual speed of the aircraft, and it is what is used to measure the speed bands the aircraft are placed in. eg: 6, 4.7, 3.5, 2.9cm ... very fast, fast, average, slow... 201+kph, 181-200kph, 161-180kph, 141-160kph..and so on.

"He is wise who watches"

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Mike, not sure if you are looking to do a manoeuvre deck for the Gunbus, or the plane card. If the latter, are these any help?

This one does not have an emblem. Is that right?

If by that you mean the roundels, then no it didn't - at least on the top wing. Earlier planes had Union Jack flags painted on the lower bottom wing.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-22-2018, 08:36
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 23:50
  3. to make or not to make decals
    By johnandtricia in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 21:39
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 17:28