Ares Games

Thread: WGF IF01 - The Falcon Falls (WGF historical scenario for 3 players)

Default WGF IF01 - The Falcon Falls (WGF historical scenario for 3 players)

Northern Italy, 31 July 1918: At 0825hrs Oberleutnant Frank Linke-Crawford the commanding officer of Fliegerkompanie 60J (Flik 60J) took off from Feltre airfield in his Aviatik D.1 serial 115.32 with three other pilots. An experienced Jagdflieger with 27 victories to his credit, Linke-Crawford was known as der Falke von Feltre (the Falcon of Feltre). After encountering a formation of Sopwith Camels of 45 Squadron RAF Obltn. Linke-Crawford was separated from his flight. He was then attacked by two Italian Hanriot HD.1 scouts flown by Sergente Pilota Ciampatti and Caporale Pilota Aldo Astolfi of 81a Squadriglia de Caccia.

This WGF historical scenario pits one Series 6 Aviatik D.I of Austro-Hungarian ace Frank Linke-Crawford against two Series 6 Italian Hanriot HD.1s.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	<acronym title=WGF IF01 The Falcon Falls.jpg  Views: 129  Size: 254.4 KB  ID: 198889" class="thumbnail" style="float:CONFIG" />

The link to the uploaded scenario document is here http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2305

I made this one for Andrzej (Nightbomber) due to his love of the Eastern and Italian Fronts and the fact that Linke-Crawford was born in Krakow.

There will be more scenarios featuring Linke-Crawford, photographed here standing in front of his Albatros D.III.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F Linke Crawford.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	198890
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 02-07-2017 at 23:22.

Thanks for posting these, Carl.
    Will give me something to try in between Bitter Ends ( and will get some of my aircraft out of the shrinkwrap)

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Thanks for posting these, Carl.
    Will give me something to try in between Bitter Ends ( and will get some of my aircraft out of the shrinkwrap)
    My pleasure Pete. One of my aims in writing up these missions is to give players a reason to use aircraft that may not get much table time.

Thanks for this info

Great scenario Carl!

I have to test this one.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Great scenario Carl!

I have to test this one.
    I am looking forward to playing these as well. I have been too busy researching and writing them up to get planes on the table.

Ace skills as well, excellent.

"He is wise who watches"

I had not spotted these Carl.
    They are excellent.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I had not spotted these Carl.
    They are excellent.
    Rob.
    I am glad you like them Rob, I have many more sketched out. I start a spot of leave tomorrow so I will be posting a few more before I make the 1300km drive to Wintercon next week.

Similar Missions

1. Solo: WGF EF01: Krisanov's Last Patrol (WGF historical scenario for 1, 2 or 4 players)
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 06:49
  2. Bf.109E "Jabo" with bomb - historical scenario?
    By Angiolillo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2016, 08:25
  3. National: South Dakota: Reporting for Duty, Sioux Falls.
    By RiotInferno in forum US Wing
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:33
  4. B-24 is hit and falls down
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2013, 01:31
  5. Ki-43 (Falcon) article
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 12:05