Ares Games

Thread: An Open Offer: Send me your hobby paint samples!

Default An Open Offer: Send me your hobby paint samples!

If you've followed any of my posts on color in this subforum, you know I've been trying to give good reference matches for Methuen colors in house paints (for use with fan-decks or sample chips), reference color systems and -- where possible -- hobby paints.

Unfortunately, my selection and budget for hobby paints is limited, so I can't do color matching for all varieties of Vallejo, Reaper, Testors, Tamiya, Humbrol, Citadel, P3, CdA, etc. (And you can't trust the RGB colors they use on their website or their posters. I wish they'd publish actual color measurements in something like CIELab color space.)

But here's an offer: If you send me a paint sample (or set of paint samples) via snail-mail, I'll add it to the charts. (Or let you know if it's not a good match.) All I need is:
    1. Who you are, so I can give credit. (Just the forum ID is fine.)
    2. A solid circular sample of the actual paint, 3/4" or 20mm in diameter (about the size of a US penny) on white cardstock (best) or paper. It should only require a drop or two.
    3. Each sample clearly identified with brand and serial number or name of the paint. Let me know if it's especially old paint.
    4. If relevant, which paint type you're hoping to match, e.g. British PC10.

Here is an example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paintSamples.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	198845

You can find my snail-mail address in my profile.

Thanks to Peter "Teaticket" for passing along samples 23 samples of Vallejo colors! I've updated a few of the charts with the new model paint colors, especially French five color and light yellow.

Similar Missions

1. WGSF RLM hobby paint comparison chart
    By pbhawkin in forum Colors and Markings
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-15-2016, 07:23
  2. RLM hobby paint comparison chart
    By pbhawkin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 10:52
  3. WGF Hardest Builds & paint - Easyest Build & paint.
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 00:07