Ares Games

Thread: Interlude 2: Returning Home

Default Interlude 2: Returning Home

April 22, 1942

Dear Father,

I hope that Mother and yourself are well.
    We are well here. We've returned to our beloved carrier and zeros.
    I am under the impression that little brother was worried with me and told you I was not well. Please disregard his juvenile concerns. You should not worry about me. I am well and my honor unscathed.
    We are preparing for one more campaign and I am prepared to do my utmost to help in our victory.
    If by any chance bad news about me come to your ears, please do know that I always try to live up to your expectations. The Japanese Empire is mine to honor and protect but my utmost duty and love is to you my father.
    As soon as I can, I'll tell you more.

My most profound compliments to you and my undying love to mother.

Your faithful son,

Mikeyung Quinn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A12AD087D.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	196249

"Chūi Mikeyung presenting himself to the Bridge!" "At ease Chūi Mikeyung! I hope you are well." "Thank you Captain Kiichi Hasegawa!" "Rear Admiral Kakuji Kakuta wants a word with you." "Aye." "Chūi Mikeyung. You were in a tight spot, weren't you?" "Tono! I tried my best to fulfill the duties you asked from me!" "I know you did son. But the army doesn't think that way..." "During all the time I was conducting my operations with the P-40's, the Army tried..." "Yes. Well, no more of it. Just a few questions." "Tono." "You tried to inform the attacking planes that you were a Navy pilot?" "Hai Tono! Several times." "You were fired several times before you ordered your squadron to defend itself?" "Hai!" "The Army squadron leader told you that he wanted to take you down?" "Hai!" "After you shot down two of his fighters he asked for truces?" "Hai!" "You refused." "Hai." "Why?" "He killed one of my men." "Hummm... How many fighters you personally shot down?" "Three, Tono." "And your brother?" "One, Tono, but I take full responsability..." "I know! I know! What a mess!" "If you want me to atone for this, Tono..." "Īe! The Army made a terrible disservice to the Nation, but you... you made a good service to the Navy." "Domo arigato, Tono." "You may leave..."

Do not strike first in anger but ensure that when struck you are the last one standing. So honour may be preserved.

Love this story Joaquin.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Do not strike first in anger but ensure that when struck you are the last one standing. So honour may be preserved.

Love this story Joaquin.
    Thanks, Neil.
    I was afraid that it would end badly.
    Nuno was really trying to take me down.
    But alas, he made a terrible mistake in spreading his fire.
    Then the story unfold on itself.
    I'm happy you liked it.

Next from Coral Sea to Midway.
    I have to get my hands on a sea mat.
    Last edited by Blackronin; 05-19-2016 at 14:54.

I now have my air armada's ready for the last of the Coral Sea games, sink the carriers. I'm going to make it an epic.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I now have my air armada's ready for the last of the Coral Sea games, sink the carriers. I'm going to make it an epic.
    Can't wait to see it!

Similar Missions

1. Returning to Duty!!!
    By crashx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-14-2015, 16:20