Ares Games

Thread: Err, is there supposed to be 34 cards in the "A" deck and 42 in the "B" deck?

Default Err, is there supposed to be 34 cards in the "A" deck and 42 in the "B" deck?

I'm starting to suspect that somehow, my copy of the rules and accessories pack came with the wrong set of damage cards. I count 34 cards for the "A" deck and 42 cards for the "B" deck. I distinctly recall reading that there's supposed to be 40 in the "B" deck. Also, the "B" deck has 2 smoke and 2 fire damages, compared to 1 of each in the "A" deck, and 6 jams in the "B" deck an 4 in the "A" deck. Is this right, or are my damage decks completely messed up?

The deck cards do have numbers. My A deck goes to 35, and the B deck goes to 44. For completeness, the C deck is 34 and the D deck is 8.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

For a complete listing of each damage deck go 'HERE'.

This is an Wings of War deck, but in the bottom right corner you'll see a number/number:

Name:  img054Comp.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  209.9 KB

Sets will indicate: the number of the card/number of cards for the deck
    This deck is from the Watch Your Back boxed set, so there are the numbers and the set short code (44/44 WB)

This is the same for all the decks, maneuver, damage, etc.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Looking at the list I linked to I see only one fire in the A deck. Not sure this list is correct! My memory says there should be a 4 damage point fire? Sorry I don't have the game with me here at work so I can't check. Won't be able to confirm till tomorrow as I don't have internet where I am staying. (under a rock)

After much fruitless searching looking for something that didn't exist, and much checking and rechecking of numbers and math, I determined two things. First, my damage decks were correct, and the numbers above were a result of a math error. Second, the spreadsheet linked to above is itself in error, and mistakenly lists two 4 damage + smoke cards instead of one, and omits the sole plain 2 damage cad in the "A" deck, while still adding up to the correct number of 35.

Good to see you have the decks in order. Hopefully who posted the list I linked to can correct it.

One thing I've been wondering is why there's twice as many fire and smoke cards in the "B" deck as there is in the the "A" deck. Perhaps to balance them out?

Probably balance, as you say. The A deck does more damage and has less cards so maybe they lessened the fire because of that?

Similar Missions

1. Fokker E.IV stats? And about that old "G" maneuver deck ...
    By Eris Lobo in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-24-2020, 22:35
  2. Spitfire "A" deck manoeuvre question
    By DuncanBiscuits in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 08:34
  3. P51D Mustang "P" movement deck
    By Marechallannes in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 08:55
  4. Replies: 0