Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

When I voted in this poll I was in the first bracket. Now... ha... I don't even want to count 'em.

It's been mentioned before, but we should start a new poll; of course, then I'd have to do a inventory again
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Is it possable to "upgrade" our Totals as mine is growing rapidly.
    Maybe this should be part of our profiles?

Originally Posted by gully_raker
    Is it possable to "upgrade" our Totals as mine is growing rapidly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Maybe this should be part of our profiles?
    Too much like bragging, I think. Plus, then we'd have to update after every purchase (and be faced with what we've sunk into this hobby
    Karl

Scott are you going to start a new poll I think it would be interesting to see how many planes collectors/games have have now, but limit it to WoW & WoG WW1 &WW2 (combined total of one or both) Doug:

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

What this poll needs is a `Lost Count` option at the end of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Too much like bragging, I think. Plus, then we'd have to update after every purchase (and be faced with what we've sunk into this hobby
    Karl
    Too true - I've added two bombers just this afternoon after posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Scott are you going to start a new poll I think it would be interesting to see how many planes collectors/games have have now, but limit it to WoW & WoG WW1 &WW2 (combined total of one or both) Doug:
    I think we need 2 polls, one for 1/144 WWI, one for 1/200 WWII. Maybe a third for 1/144 Combined.

Good idea Zoe, I think I have one or two planes now

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    I think we need 2 polls, one for 1/144 WWI, one for 1/200 WWII. Maybe a third for 1/144 Combined.
    Yes, and whoever decides they need to set them up, please put a timer on it, the idea of these counts persisting over years is somewhat ludicrous.

What's funny is that many of the people who voted in this thread a while ago have more than likely accumulated even MORE planes now that Ares has taken over control of production. I've personally expanded into collecting WWII WGS planes as well — the fantasy flight Xmas sale on planes helped too!

And for those who think we should have a place to keep current, such as in profile. Consider what happens when swmbo gets a gander at those numbers.

Last edited by wargamer; 12-25-2012 at 09:13. Reason: wrong abbreviation :(

Four, at the moment. But I'm considering some new models. I now, I now. That's how it starts

I just hit 65 and climbing, and not playing with them much as I would like. BUT they are beautiful!

Well my number of planes is growing slowly , good job I used my birthday as cover to add more planes to my hanger , I'm aiming to have some more Fokker Dr.I's to go with MvR to have at least five planes for Jasta 11 , then I've got my eye on buying some Austrian scouts to fly along side my lone Ufag so I've got something different to use against Hayden , but my swmbo would sigh give me the look which means I'm going to get a tongue lashing , so I've got to be good and resist temptation to buy more little planes , but we all know that it's not very likely as I'm addicted to WoW/G. So it's time to sort out a storage solution as my good lady will thank me for that and there'll be no more nagging about it lol.

My collection grew up in few month of narrow dodfight between shops and ebay:
    69 WWI of WOW and WOG
    32 WWII of WOW and WOG
    6 WWI model self constructed ir elaborated from WOW boxs
    now i am waiting for Cristmas the second series of WWI WOG.
    I wish you a merry Cristmas everybody
    Carlo

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    I'm addicted to WoW/G.
    Yes, you are mwuhahahaha! I'm not sure where my collection is going atm but what I am certain of, is that I don't want to do any more customs.

Well it looks like there should be something like pilots anonymous for all of the addicted gamers of WoW/G.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Rolf View Post
    Well it looks like there should be something like pilots anonymous for all of the addicted gamers of WoW/G.
    Really Mark! I prefer "Pilots unanimous". Lets try and nurture this form of madness.
    After all on the other side of the lines lies sanity.And at this season of the year no one wants to invoke the Sanity clause.
    Rob.

But this is the time of year that you MUST make a SAN roll!

It's time for a re-count. I'm just not sure if I really want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    It's time for a re-count. I'm just not sure if I really want to know!
    Same for me, but I know that I don't want to know
    Karl

Recent count exceeded 250, with official aircraft on order and other planned purchases this number will hit 300 well before Easter.

I think I'll have to purchase a hangar......a real one!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Really Mark! I prefer "Pilots unanimous". Lets try and nurture this form of madness.
    After all on the other side of the lines lies sanity.And at this season of the year no one wants to invoke the Sanity clause.
    Rob.
    What P.O. Kyte said.

Well as long as my " little planes " aren't in my fiancee's way and stored away nicely , that means technically I can have more just as long as she doesn't find out

Users Country Flag

Name
    Willie
    Sorties Flown

I'm fairly new to this 1/144 scale thing so just 6 at the moment. After receiving my first Shapeways planes earlier this week I can easily see a '0' added by the end of the year.
    I still have a WWI plane collection in 1/72nd and 1/48th scale of 150+.
    My main hobby is 'lead' 28mm miniatures and I'm not even going to count them. Say 6000 painted and double that number for the unpainted ones. Beyond help I'm afraid.

Hey Rob,
    Love the sense of humor about the Sanity Clause! I love to add these little puns myself I guess if Santa is in the this he would no doubt be the Red Barron with Rudolph as his wingman.
    take care,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Spad Mo View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Love the sense of humor about the Sanity Clause! I love to add these little puns myself I guess if Santa is in the this he would no doubt be the Red Barron with Rudolph as his wingman.
    take care,
    Keith
    Yes indeed Keith, and dont forget the other wingmen Donner und Blitzen.
    Rob.

Like the idea of revised answers...especially the "lost count" but also feel more accurate to add "quit counting".

Quote Originally Posted by redcoon2 View Post
    Like the idea of revised answers...especially the "lost count" but also feel more accurate to add "quit counting".
    With a possible "afraid to count" with the worst option: "the wife just counted"
    Karl

At one point during the weekend my gamer wife said to me, "I was hurt that you got planes for all of our gamer friends for Christmas, but you didn't get me one." So now I'm going to have to make it up to her somehow. Maybe I need to hop on ebay and buy her a Brumowski.

34 Fighters
    3 Bombers
    2 Balloons

Ordering 9 in the series just released. Now selling other wargames.

Two! But there will be more, I'm sure.

I just realised that this poll is becoming skewed. All those with large numbers of planes voted at the start. Most new members because of the shortage of planes come in with small numbers, and then don't get the chance to upgrade as they buy more, so gradually the low end of the poll is overtaking the top end.
    Enough of this deep thinking. Back to the G&T bottle.
    Rob.

Rob, it's a 20/80 principle.
    20% of the forumers owns 80% of the minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I just realised that this poll is becoming skewed. All those with large numbers of planes voted at the start. Most new members because of the shortage of planes come in with small numbers, and then don't get the chance to upgrade as they buy more, so gradually the low end of the poll is overtaking the top end.
    Enough of this deep thinking. Back to the G&T bottle.
    Rob.
    The solution, as has been suggested several times, is an upgraded poll. That, of course, would require an inventory, which I dread doing.
    Pass the bottle please
    Karl

I have to agree, as in the last couple of weeks I have spoilt myself with planes (in my opinion).

It's an ever changing answer, to a very good question.

I also must refer to the poll, as now 'I may have a problem'. ( Yeh, when SWMBO finds out )

WW1 Ser. 1: A 12/12, B 7/7, RDS 4/4 = 23/23
    Ser. 2: 12/12 (FINALLY scored a Goering... from a Dromer in AUSTRALIA)
    Ser. 3: 12/12
    Ser. 4: 12/12
    Ser. 5: 12/12
    Balloon Busters: 2/2
    Bombers: Caproni 2/2, Gotha 2/2
    WoW-WW1/WGF: 79/79

WWII Ser 1: 12/12, DS 4/4 = 16/16
    Ser. 2: 12/12
    Ser. 3: 8/8, DS 4/4 = 12/12
    Bombers: B-25 2/2, He111 2/2
    WoW-WW2/WGS: 44/44

Total 123 miniatures, and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    WW1 Ser. 1: A 12/12, B 7/7, RDS 4/4 = 23/23
    Ser. 2: 12/12 (FINALLY scored a Goering... from a Dromer in AUSTRALIA)
    Ser. 3: 12/12
    Ser. 4: 12/12
    Ser. 5: 12/12
    Balloon Busters: 2/2
    Bombers: Caproni 2/2, Gotha 2/2
    WoW-WW1/WGF: 79/79

WWII Ser 1: 12/12, DS 4/4 = 16/16
    Ser. 2: 12/12
    Ser. 3: 8/8, DS 4/4 = 12/12
    Bombers: B-25 2/2, He111 2/2
    WoW-WW2/WGS: 44/44

Total 123 miniatures, and counting...
    See... I look at a list like that and think "Wow. That's a lot of planes...." and then, after some quick mental calculations of my own, I decide that maybe I don't want to do an inventory... because I know I have multiples of more than one type.

Good lord. I think I might have a problem... when are the SS D.IIIs, Sopwith Tripes, HD1s, and the Aviatik coming out?

Soon?

I do need to do an update. As I still collect them but I also have given many away to new comers as they get into the game.

Thomas

Since Herr Oberst wanted a count of official minis, I went and did a full count (not a detailed inventory; that will have to wait)

WGF Nexus/Ares:
    Scouts: 116
    2-Seaters: 43
    Multi-engined Bombers: 6
    Total: 165

WGS Nexus/Ares:
    Fighters: 62
    Bombers: 15
    2-Engined bombers: 8
    Total: 85

Others:
    Shapeways: 81 (69 WW!, 12 WW2)
    F-Toys: 12 (11 WW1, 1 WW2)
    Sky Pilot (diecast WW2 fighters): 7
    WK Clicks Crimson Sky: 22

Grand Total: 372, most needing painting/repainting
    Karl

Christopher et al, do remember that I also only buy ONE of each plane.

Since Herr Oberst wanted a count of official minis, I went and did a full count (not a detailed inventory; that will have to wait)

WGF Nexus/Ares:
    Scouts: 116
    2-Seaters: 43
    Multi-engined Bombers: 6
    Total: 165

WGS Nexus/Ares:
    Fighters: 62
    Bombers: 15
    2-Engined bombers: 8
    Total: 85

Others:
    Shapeways: 81 (69 WW!, 12 WW2)
    F-Toys: 12 (11 WW1, 1 WW2)
    Sky Pilot (diecast WW2 fighters): 7
    WK Clicks Crimson Sky: 22

Grand Total: 372, most needing painting/repainting
    Karl
    Hi Karl,
    On those shapeways models for WW2, are there any U.S. dive-bombers? If so could you bring them to Origins as I could use them.

Thomas

Christopher et al, do remember that I also only buy ONE of each plane.
    I applaud your restraint!
    I definitely suffer from the "if one is good, more is better" disease. :embarass:
    Thank goodness I've managed to keep myself away from any of the WGS miniatures...

That's mainly because I'm more Collector than Player--I got started on these little beggars because my mother bought Series 1 saying "oh, these'd be cute to decorate your workstation in the computer lab!"

She started it, and now she has the nerve to kvetch when I need to pull some from the trust-fund to get the next release? *rolls eyes*

She started it, and now she has the nerve to kvetch when I need to pull some from the trust-fund to get the next release? *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Hi Karl,
    On those shapeways models for WW2, are there any U.S. dive-bombers? If so could you bring them to Origins as I could use them.

Thomas
    Nope: no dive bombers. Just fighters.
    Karl

Nope: no dive bombers. Just fighters.
    Karl
    K, thanks.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

If SWMBO ever found out exactly how many I own...it wouldn't be pretty. Well, she would be. So if I told you, I'd have to use extreme prejudice. (shifts eyes back and forth looking sheepishly behind over the shoulder)

I haven't played the game yet and I have 13 though I am not sure where one is. I will probably find it in a week in my cat's bed.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31
  3. Quality of Miniatures
    By BrunoStachel in forum Hobby Room