Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

Apparently I fit in the last category... I have over 50 (Most of all four sets, three balloon sets, and the new deluxe set), and that's not even counting the ones I just received from Skytrex in little baggies. Something tells me I like this game...

The only ones I'm missing from Nexus are Rahn's Dr.1, Voss' DIII, and Ellwood's Camel. If anybody has a line on any of the three, I'd appreciate it!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Carl
    Sorties Flown

At last count 21 not including 1 balloon. Enjoy the game, although I haven't had time to bloody all their noses yet, not enough time and business is taking most of my waking time. Not ready for a Charlie Sheen breakdown just yet!
    By the way, Scott, kudos on your comparison of planes! That is a great insight !

Well, Sir,

Most of them are the Nexus pre-build/pre-paints; the rest are Reviresco kits.

Nexus:
    3x Albatros D.Va (Udet, Baumer, "unknown pilot" Jasta 5)
    3x Pfalz D.III (Hohn, Klein-with correct markings, "unknown" Jasta 10 aircraft)
    2x Fokker Dr.I (Richthofen, "Black Death")
    1x Rumpler C.IV (MFFA 2)
    4x SPAD XIII (Fonck, Rickenbacker, Luke, unknown)
    4x Sopwith Camel (Barker, Olieslagers, 2x unknown- one of which I am going to convert to a RNAS 2F1)
    2x R.A.F. SE5a (Bishop, Dallas)
    1x Nieuport Nie.16 (Johnson/Prince)
    1x Nieuport Nie.17 (Nungesser)
    1x Nieuport Nie.23 (Kibanov- though I will probably repaint as a French N.24)
    1x R.E.8 (Belgian- still need to scratch build the proper cowling)
    1x Breguet Br.14 B2 (Browning & Duke)
    1x De Havilland D.H.4 (Atkey)
    1x Caquot/Drachen Observation Balloon

Reviresco
    1x Fokker D.VII (Heinz von Beaulieu-Marconnay)
    1x Fokker D.VIII (Jasta 6)
    1x Siemens-Schuckert D.III (personal markings-"Flying Purple People Eater")
    1x Halberstadt CL.II (Schlast 26b)
    1x Hannover CL.IIIa (unknown Bavarian Schlasta)
    1x Junkers J.I (unknown Schlasta)
    1x AEG G.IV (unknown unit)
    1x Hanriot HD 1 (Coppens)
    1x Bristol FB.2 (unknown unit)
    1x Sopwith Triplane

Chris

Only four at the moment. But I have a very strong feeling that will increase rather rapidly if I'm not careful.....

Well my collection went up this week byfive aircraft and one balloon. So I now have 55 aircraft and three balloons.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Well my collection went up this week byfive aircraft and one balloon. So I now have 55 aircraft and three balloons.
    Rob.
    Is that a hint Kytey, picking up steam as you head over the hill??

Once my new Outrider bag with WoW Hangers (containing 2 more a/c I bought from the Colonel) arrive, I'll be up to 18 entente and 27 central powers planes. Or, more that the three or four I need to play, says the misses. No balloons yet though. Hummm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkahn View Post
    Is that a hint Kytey, picking up steam as you head over the hill??
    No just picking up speed ready for my birthday.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by mr7q View Post
    Apparently I fit in the last category... I have over 50 (Most of all four sets, three balloon sets, and the new deluxe set), and that's not even counting the ones I just received from Skytrex in little baggies. Something tells me I like this game...

The only ones I'm missing from Nexus are Rahn's Dr.1, Voss' DIII, and Ellwood's Camel. If anybody has a line on any of the three, I'd appreciate it!
    G'day There! I "lust" after Rahn's Dr1 but I picked up Ellwoods Camel & Voss's D111 from Nobel Knight Games in the US. The Voss one only came back into Stock about 2 weeks ago. I had it on a Wish List & they Emailed me when it came in!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Once my new Outrider bag with WoW Hangers (containing 2 more a/c I bought from the Colonel) arrive, I'll be up to 18 entente and 27 central powers planes. Or, more that the three or four I need to play, says the misses. No balloons yet though. Hummm.
    G'day Paul! Mate you just have to get a Balloon. They are really great in the game & the Nieuports with the rockets are beautiful if rather fragile on damage points.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The Elwood Camel is still readily available from UK sellers - I was even able to get some from the distributor last time I restocked.

LOl I was just about to say I think Dom's Decals has some but beaten to it by .. Dom himself.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Mark Duncan
    Sorties Flown

Awesome, Battle of Britain stuff.

When I voted I had less than 10, but within a couple weeks I am over 50.

I'm weak, I know...

I just had to by a new fix minis a couple of days ago, even though I haven't really tried the last batch properly yet - And I have a bunch of them waiting to be repainted.

All in all - 42 + ballon, mats, boxes, boosters...Is there a WoW-anonymous?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

As a 100+ owner I think it's time I offloaded a few surplus kites. Trouble is, nobody will want these ugly plain white DVIIs or these garish all red Triplanes...

Quote Originally Posted by Danrit View Post
    As a 100+ owner I think it's time I offloaded a few surplus kites. Trouble is, nobody will want these ugly plain white DVIIs or these garish all red Triplanes...
    Funny.

O.K. I will pay for shipping. It's the least I can do so you won't throw them away.

Your Welcome
    Tom

Indeed, so you should give me a fiver each to take them from you.

In all seriousness, if you want to part with a D.VII or Dr.1 I would like to grab one of each.

Darryl

Danrit, have you considered donating to charity? I run a not-for-profit game group and will send you a receipt for tax purposes.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Marts
    Sorties Flown

Sorry Daryl, I put all my excess DVIIs up for trade in the for sale section last month. My Dr1s are all repainted and form a Jasta I don't want to break up.

Nice try the rest of you, do you know there are such things as morals and that you shouldn't take advantage of the mentally infirm? I'm hanging on to my collection now, so there.

Now up to 74 out of 84.
    (12) Series 1 complete
    (4) RDS acquired
    (9/12) Series 2 missing all D.VII's
    (11/12) Series 3 missing 1 D.III
    (12) Series 4 complete
    (4) Balloon Busters complete
    (12) WW2 Series 1 complete
    (0/4) WWII Deluxe missing
    (10/12) WW2 Series 2 missing IV/StG 3 and Zucconi/Sugaroni Stukas

So I need to have my vote moved from "Just Getting Started" to "May Have A Problem"--scratch that, I DO have a problem in that there are some pieces I can't get! *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by Diamondback; 06-24-2011 at 16:46. Reason: update
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    I design WW1 RC kits and have no place to put even them. But it's all about the game!!!!!!!!!
    Wow that plane is beautiful, how do I get one?

Okay so i discovered this game around a month ago and already I'm in the "41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)" category.

60 planes (all of WWII and the rest WWI) plus a balloon.

Serious looking at Skytrex for filling in some of the gaps and to build up some nice Jasta's

41 only 12 are Nexus the rest are converts from Revell Minikit DR1 and scratch builds with two more converts being built.
    Also to Balloons and both play mats. Damm Thought I was under 40
    Linz

I guess I should fess up now.

Hi everybody, my name is Dave and I'm a WoW addict. I have 42 aircraft with more on the way and I don't want to stop!!!

I have eight, but then I am still a wet-behind-the-ears WoWer.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

I guess I should fess up now.

Hi everybody, my name is Dave and I'm a WoW addict. I have 42 aircraft with more on the way and I don't want to stop!!!
    Hello Dave. Welcome to WoW anonymous. My name is Terry and I have over 90. What's wrong with me? I cruise all night long on the 'net trying to score a Barker Camel, Udet DVa,
    Goering DVII, The Red Baron, et al. I find strangers and try to shoot them down. Woe is me! As Warren Zevon originally put it, Po', po' pitifull me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Hello Dave. Welcome to WoW anonymous. My name is Terry and I have over 90. What's wrong with me? I cruise all night long on the 'net trying to score a Barker Camel, Udet DVa,
    Goering DVII, The Red Baron, et al. I find strangers and try to shoot them down. Woe is me! As Warren Zevon originally put it, Po', po' pitifull me.
    What's wrong with you chaps. My shrink Dr Spock says it is quite natural to lust after, stalk and, aquire as many beautiful planes as you can get your hands on.
    Rob.

This is scary - just had a quick tot up of the ones I can remember. 75 WoW and repaints, plus an assortment of Skytrex/SRAM/Revisresco. This doesn't include about 25 unpainted models. When does a hobby become an obsession?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I am sure you will catch us all up pretty soon Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    This is scary - just had a quick tot up of the ones I can remember. 75 WoW and repaints, plus an assortment of Skytrex/SRAM/Revisresco. This doesn't include about 25 unpainted models. When does a hobby become an obsession?
    Only when you think of it in that way Steve. that probably means it is time to get more planes.
    Rob.

Well I originally indicated that I had 26-40, but after placing an order for a bunch more two-seaters yesterday I will certainly be in the "WoW Anonymous" meetings within a week or so.

COLBATMAN's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies

Name
    c
    Sorties Flown

I have 26 aircraft plus a balloon

I have 13 planes plus both of the balloons. I just started playing and collecting. The main thing that will hold back my collecting is the availability (or lack of) of some of the planes. I also have about 1000 painted orcs, elves, dwarves, etc along with about 5000 Mage Knight figures that are now going to be sitting on shelves in the basement.

I will also add that I would have a lot more planes WoW & DoW if nexus was faster in releasing the models!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I will also add that I would have a lot more planes WoW & DoW if nexus was faster in releasing the models!
    Amen brother, but the CO probably regards this as a good thing

Amen brother, but the CO probably regards this as a good thing
    My C.O. is out on a course today Dave. I can feel another order coming on.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    My C.O. is out on a course today Dave. I can feel another order coming on.
    Rob.
    Big mistake, you should have made the order a few days ago, so it was delivered while the C.O. was not around!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Commander View Post
    Big mistake, you should have made the order a few days ago, so it was delivered while the C.O. was not around!
    or you could get it delivered to work... /whistle

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Commander View Post
    that has also happened today, but with our postal service hitting the right day is a bit of a lottery.
    rob.

or you could get it delivered to work... /whistle
    Very amusing, Britisher pig dog jackel, hyena.
    Von Brockworst.

Hunter's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Terry
    Sorties Flown

ALL OF THEM X 2.5. All NEXUS. I now have air superiority, heh heh.

Quote Originally Posted by somaliavet View Post
    I have eight, but then I am still a wet-behind-the-ears WoWer.
    Not sure how it happened but am up to 21 now! I am already buying duplicates for repaints. It's only an addiction if you admit you have a problem, right?

I have 19. Four of them are from Skytrex (2x D.H.2, 2x Fokker E.III). I also have two more Skytrex models almost finished, Hanriot H.D.1s.

Its only an addiction if the only thing that you think about are little planes and how to acquire more. I'm not that bad yet, I only spend about half of my waking hours thinking about little planes and missions. The other half are spent thinking about Axis and Allies strategies. So there, I don't have to go to re-hab.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Its only an addiction if the only thing that you think about are little planes and how to acquire more. I'm not that bad yet, I only spend about half of my waking hours thinking about little planes and missions. The other half are spent thinking about Axis and Allies strategies. So there, I don't have to go to re-hab.
    Sorry Michael, but that means you have to go to re-hab twice as long.

So if it's only about half of the time during waking hours - That only counts as about quarter of the time, right?
    ...So I don't really have it as bad as I thought initially - phew!

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    So you like Axis & Allies. Are you coming to Spring Gathering IX? Great times and I will be there as well.
    Tom

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31
  3. Quality of Miniatures