Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Very nice collection, Rob. Nice P-39s (for some reason, I'm attracted to the odder planes in WW2, P-39s, Dornier 335 Pushme/pullyous, etc).
    Wondering; since you say that 72 scale was your choice for WW2, did you play M&M at some CapCons; might have met you there. (Miss those games)
    Karl
    Never played Mustangs & Messerschmitts, I just did 1/72 because my Dad did 1/72. His collection is still going strong to this day, somewhere in the 800-850+ plus range. It makes my 1/144 collection look like childs play...really.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    I miss CapCon period...
    Thanks for the kind words Cowman!

Add me to the list of those missing CapCon.

I just got back to this thread tonigh...long day of work ahead of me tomorrow on Turkey Day, then a bit of a rest.

Going out to Dayton next Tuesday night (11-30-10) to my best friends to play some Axis & Allies Global; Tuesday night and all day Wednesday (many a beer will be consumed, and many a cigar smoked ), getting back to C-Bus Thursday.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 11-24-2010 at 19:43.

I'm at series 4 with 29 machines. Just enough for me - yet

I think this poll should be started again.
    I am now 2 catagories higher than I was before.
    I think I need help.
    Don

Users Country Flag

Name
    José Paulo
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by jpsavieira View Post
    I have all the planes of series 1,2 and 3, 5 planes from the series 4, and 1 ballon (all from WW1) - Total 41
    Also 13 planes from WW2, and a 1 mat.

José Paulo Vieira
    Updating...
    WWI Series 4 now complete, and more 7 planes from WW2.

José Paulo Vieira

I just picked up my first WWI mini, the Ellwood Camel. I'm almost in the 11-25 bracket!

Due to space and weight limitations (I am on the road alot) I use only cards. It was the the use of the card system both for moment and aircraft, that made me buy Wings of War

Quote Originally Posted by postal_bob View Post
    I just picked up my first WWI mini, the Ellwood Camel. I'm almost in the 11-25 bracket!
    I have 12 now.

YEAH!

8, all WWI Series I--and their maneuver decks are all the cards I own, too.

Yes, I'm a rookie...

You guys have some impressive collections! I only have seven, but that's not bad considering I only started buying them last week.

Just one . Still wating for my set to arrive. I am going to work on Jasta 5 Alb.D5 & 5a. most i think will be repaints so should be fun. First one a Rumpler.

I definitely need help.. I am now at 35.. and I need about 10 more for all the repaints I wanna do.. just lock me up and throw away the key.. but please take the straight jacket off so i can push my planes around the padded floor.. he he he he he.. ha ha ha ha ha ha

In this moment 18 minis but I want to play the three Fokker D.VII, soon be 21 minis (I hope...)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Good luck with that one - I'm afraid the D.VII models are as rare as rocking horse poo at the moment....

Unfortunately yes... In Spain I can not find in stores.

Today was a three plane day. A D.III I had ordered finally arrived, and I picked up a Roland C.II and Fonck's SPAD XIII.

My poll vote is no longer accurate; I have completed WW1 Series 1, have the Ryrie Snipe from 2 and the Flik 23D Ufag from 3, with an order processing on all the Series 4 scouts and the series 3 Kibanov Nieuport; tomorrow, I plan to mop up the rest of the Series 2 and 3 little guys as far as I can via my LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    My poll vote is no longer accurate; I have completed WW1 Series 1, have the Ryrie Snipe from 2 and the Flik 23D Ufag from 3, with an order processing on all the Series 4 scouts and the series 3 Kibanov Nieuport; tomorrow, I plan to mop up the rest of the Series 2 and 3 little guys as far as I can via my LGS.
    My word Diamondback, that is quite a feat. Most of what you have obtained is in very short supply here in G.B. Dom has some but you really have to shop around for series three and some of one and two.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Not really--when I went on hiatus, Set 1 was all that was out, and I had hit 8/12 at that point; picked up one Ufag around New Years, Ryrie and the four missing Series 1's a week ago--I was lucky that Richthofen's Dr. I was the very first plane I ever bought.

Can't tag the D.VII's, but between two different LGS's I should be able to at least bag the remaining 5 little-guys from Series 3, and hopefully the other two Snipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Can't tag the D.VII's, but between two different LGS's I should be able to at least bag the remaining 5 little-guys from Series 3, and hopefully the other two Snipes.
    One of the D.V11's is what I am after now. When they first came out I foolishly thought that I would only need one of each type. So I'm two Snipes and a D.V11 down.
    Rob.

Bagged Baker and Barker Snipes, have a query out to other LGS on the five remaining Series 3's.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 01-24-2011 at 16:00.

I thought my life changed last week: the last plane, the almost-pink Roland, arrived. All series, the new Deluxe set, three balloon sets - 54 planes (one Nieuport 16 reduced because of modifications)... and two lovely mats. But nowadays I play Rise of Flight daily and so much that I have almost forgot my fleet. Daangeroous, eh?

Wooo! My collection just increased by one observation balloon and one balloon buster! (I ordered the Johnson/Prince set from Amazon Sunday evening, and amazingly it arrived today.)

I bought the revised set which came with 4 and then I bought 4 of the less expensive models. After a month of playing I know what I want and will be feeding the addiction very soon!

Reinforcements have arrived!
    Series 2: Atkey DH4
    Series 3: Kibanov Nieuport
    Series 4: all three Pfalz's, all three SE5a's (Question: what's up with Boudwin's prop? It only has two blades, both others have 4) I'm starting to think about "correcting" Holtzem's D.IIIa by substituting a Reviresco or some other aftermarket, if I can find a painter who's up for all those complicated stripes and comets...

Total 24, not counting card-only units in the TF deck.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

The SE5a had both two and four bladed props, depending on the engine installation - generally 4 blade for geared and 2 for direct drive. The US SE5a were Wolseley Viper direct drive engined, so all 2 blade props.

Thanks, Dom.

Counting kits and official models I have about 20 some.
    Miniatures overall (games not including WoW) I have several hundred, not counting the ones I have disposed of during the dark times...

Zach

Off of the ebay auction the other day I won kits for the Dolphin, Nieuport 11, and Bristol Fighter. Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and since my wife said she wanted some planes to paint, I picked up kits for a Fokker Dr.I, Fokker D.VII, Halberstadt D.II, and a Sopwith Triplane. And while I was at it I added a Siemens-Schuckert D.III for myself. Oh! And I bought her the Kempf Dr.I, too. With luck, if she happens to buy the Revised Deluxe set for me for Valentine's Day, she'll be willing to swap the Kempf for the MVR Dr.I.

What that brings my total to at this point... I have no idea. I do know I'm no longer in the 1-10 range band.

My total has increased recently - as well as the "Stropp" Albatros I've just bought the F Toys "Secret" aircraft from the "Biplane Collection", which turns out to be Goering's Albatros. My Central Powers team are heady with excitement at the influx of new machines!

As an aside - keep an eye on Amazon in the UK. They have many of the current machines on sale at reasonable prices, and the boxed sets as well. i just got "Flight of the giants" for £16 including P&P!

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    My total has increased recently - as well as the "Stropp" Albatros I've just bought the F Toys "Secret" aircraft from the "Biplane Collection", which turns out to be Goering's Albatros. My Central Powers team are heady with excitement at the influx of new machines!

As an aside - keep an eye on Amazon in the UK. They have many of the current machines on sale at reasonable prices, and the boxed sets as well. i just got "Flight of the giants" for £16 including P&P!
    Thanks for that info Dave. i'll have a look this evening.
    Rob.

I am way, way past the point of being ashamed to tell anyone how many WWI 1/144 planes I have.
    I doubt if there's more than two or three people (if that many) on this site that has more than I have. But before I started with WoW, I had a manageable 68.

I mainly play with just cards, primarily for the wider variation and cost, however my collection is slowly growing and i now have 7 official models and 2 on order from Skytrex, depending on how they go, i can see my colection rapidly expanding.

I have 19 but I just started playing about a month ago.

Now with Voss and Hautzmeyer Albatroses, and Nungesser Nieuport. Now at...
    WW1: Starter Scouts 0/4, Series 1 12/12, Series 2 Scouts 3/6, Series 2 Tandems 1/6 (have Atkey), Series 3 Scouts 4/6 (missing Brumowski and Lufbery), Series 3 Tandems 1/6 (have Flik 23D), Series 4 Scouts 6/6, Series 4 Tandems 0/6, Balloon Sets 0/2

WW2: Starter Fighters 0/4, Series 1 0/12, Series 2 Fighters 0/6, Series 2 Bombers 0/6

Aggregated: 27/84 on existing releases' individual miniatures

Sulzer

I am a bit concerned for myself. I have just started into the game about two weeks or so ago. By the end of this week coming up I will have over 40 planes. Twelve of these will be for the first wave of the series one WWII miniatures. The others will be for WWI. Through scouring the online stores, both in the STATES and in Europe, as well as Ebay I have managed to get one of all of the DR. I's as well as most of the entire first run. I am only hoping that the wife does not check the bank account for another week or so. Otherwise I am in some deep water. Is this bad. Its just that the mechanics for this game are so fun. I have run demos at my flgs the past two Fridays and I have turned several onto the game. Looking forward to futher releases and sorties.

Sulzer

Quote Originally Posted by Sulzer View Post
    I am a bit concerned for myself. I have just started into the game about two weeks or so ago. By the end of this week coming up I will have over 40 planes. Twelve of these will be for the first wave of the series one WWII miniatures. The others will be for WWI. Through scouring the online stores, both in the STATES and in Europe, as well as Ebay I have managed to get one of all of the DR. I's as well as most of the entire first run. I am only hoping that the wife does not check the bank account for another week or so. Otherwise I am in some deep water. Is this bad. Its just that the mechanics for this game are so fun. I have run demos at my flgs the past two Fridays and I have turned several onto the game. Looking forward to futher releases and sorties.

Sulzer
    Define bad... My wife thinks it is but I say good job finding all those deals. I guess she should look at it that way. hahaha

Nothing bad about it, Mason. You just went about amassing the large number of minis much quicker than the rest of us. Just hide the bank statement when it comes and you'll be fine. You're among fellow adicts!

Show her some of the insane evilBay and secondary-market prices for the Fokkers, and then tell her they're an investment--one that has your ability to have fun with it in the meantime as a really neat fringe benefit.

Oh, this poll needs another option: "NOT ENOUGH!"

My totals just boosted by 4 - a Junkers D.1 and two Hansa-Brandenburg W.29s from Riviresco, and the F-Toys "Goering" Albatros D.III (which is a lovely little model).

30 since today. I finally got Udets D.VII. And regarding my Nick here. its been bloody time lol

Just added the MvR Roland, Longton RE8, McWhorter (note spelling, package and card are wrong!) Wildcat and Sakai Zeke. Now at 31, IIRC...
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

With valentines day and then some excellent bargaining with the wife art supplies for her more mini's for me I just hit 41 planes betwen WW1 and WW2. I explained it to her as a mental condition due to memories of my youth reading Air Enthusiast instead of Comics and building models with my dad. Not sure how many more this approach barter and fond memories but will push on :-)

[voice=Crack Addict]"Must... have... MOOOOOORE..."[/voice] [voice=Gollum]"My preciouses...."[/voice]

LOL
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.

[voice=Crack Addict]"Must... have... MOOOOOORE..."[/voice] [voice=Gollum]"My preciouses...."[/voice]

LOL

Now up to 37 and I'm feeling the pull to complete the sets, just 5 more for WWII Series 1+2 and then there's the deluxe set. I'll put it off until payday but I won't resist

As of 1 March 2011, I have 35 aerial craft in my collection:

Central Powers:
    3x Albatros D.Va (Udet, Baumer, "unknown pilot" Jasta 5)
    3x Pfalz D.III (Hohn, Klein-with correct markings, "unknown" Jasta 10 aircraft)
    1x Pfalz D.XII (Jasta 23b)
    2x Fokker Dr.I (Richthofen, "Black Death")
    1x Fokker D.VII (Heinz von Beaulieu-Marconnay)
    1x Fokker D.VIII (Jasta 6)
    1x Siemens-Schuckert D.III (personal markings-"Flying Purple People Eater")
    1x Rumpler C.IV (MFFA 2)
    1x Halberstadt CL.II (Schlast 26b)
    1x Hannover CL.IIIa (unknown Bavarian Schlasta)
    1x Junkers J.I (unknown Schlasta)
    1x AEG G.IV (unknown unit)

Entent:

4x SPAD XIII (Fonck, Rickenbacker, Luke, unknown)
    4x Sopwith Camel (Barker, Olieslagers, 2x unknown- one of which I am going to convert to a NAS 2F1
    2x R.A.F. SE5a (Bishop, Dallas)
    1x Hanriot HD 1 (Coppens)
    1x Nieuport Nie.16 (Johnson/Prince)
    1x Nieuport Nie.17 (Nungesser)
    1x Nieuport Nie.23 (Kibanov- though I will probably repaint as a French N.24)
    1x R.E.8 (Belgian- still need to scratch build the proper cowling)
    1x Breguet Br.14 B2 (Browning & Duke)
    1x De Havilland D.H.4 (Atkey)
    1x Bristol FB.2 (unknown unit)

Plus...
    1x Caquot/Drachen Observation Balloon

I think this is about all I need, but I have yet to delve into the early war, and... as yet, I have no Entente bombers

Chris Maes

Oops, forgot my Sopwith Triplane.

Chris

That is a very comprehensive list Chris. Are all the obvious ones Nexus or are any of them self built?
    Rob.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31
  3. Quality of Miniatures
    By BrunoStachel in forum Hobby Room