Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    I need to change my answer from the 11-25 bracket to the 26-40 bracket. My purchases yesterday put me into the next category.

But let's be honest. I definitely have a problem!
    Not Yet. But your getting close.

50 official minis plus the 2 balloons...unless you're my wife reading this then its only a couple, and no I didn't spend much the extra stuff in the box is just added packaging

I only have 28 minis for the game right now, but that's not counting the hundreds of diecast airplanes I have.

So I do have a problem.

Minis all the way. Must must have several of the most popular types...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullduggery View Post
    50 official minis plus the 2 balloons...unless you're my wife reading this then its only a couple, and no I didn't spend much the extra stuff in the box is just added packaging
    Ditto

I need to change my answer from the 11-25 bracket to the 26-40 bracket. My purchases yesterday put me into the next category.

But let's be honest. I definitely have a problem!
    You don't have a problem Brad. A problem is when you can't get planes from your supplier.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You don't have a problem Brad. A problem is when you can't get planes from your supplier.
    Rob.
    Sounds like we are all a bunch of enablers here... our psychotherapists would be disappointed!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Rob.
    Wow! That would be a problem.

"Hey Buddy, know where I can score a triplane? I got the shakes real bad..."

58 Airplanes, 3 Drachen Observation Balloons and 3 Caquot 800 Observation Balloons.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Or worse still, your dealer promises to score you some Fokkers, and it turns out they've been cut with Roland C.IIs....
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-31-2010 at 07:01.

Pull yourself together man. Remember you are an American airman. Just go out and fly a few sorties, that will sort you out. Smell that burning plastic, and listen to the flick of the cards.
    Rob.

I am obviously not addicted enough - I only have 24 and 1 drachen. For series 3 and 4 my regular opponant & I have bought the whole set & split between us - which I now realise is wimping out

Quote Originally Posted by usmc1855 View Post
    58 Airplanes, 3 Drachen Observation Balloons and 3 Caquot 800 Observation Balloons.
    For a second I thought I read "800" balloons, and thought, this guy REALLY does have a problem.

Well for me ( looking to make sure she who must be obeyed isnt looking) all the WOW, some extras fro repaint & Balloons. 2 Skytrex Balloons & various other aircraft. Total 81 (including the Handley Page bomber)

A problem is when you can't get planes from your supplier.
    Rob.
    Wait a minute there Rob. That's exactly the problem. The suppliers run out way too quick. I need another Lufbury/Thenault Nieuport like yesterday and can't get one any where.

Another problem for the re-paint junkies amongst us is the lack of decals and the anxiety we face waiting for new ones to be released (Sorry Dom)
    Last edited by tonyc206; 10-31-2010 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Wait a minute there Rob. That's exactly the problem. The suppliers run out way too quick. I need another Lufbury/Thenault Nieuport like yesterday and can't get one any where.

Another problem for the re-paint junkies amongst us is the lack of decals and the anxiety we face waiting for new ones to be released (Sorry Dom)
    Although I prefer Dom's, I have taken to printing my own when needed. It all started when I had to do a serial number for Albert Ball's plane. Once I found out how easy it was, I just carried on with anything that was not commercially available. Great for multipul shields of a personal design for example.
    Rob.

Although I prefer Dom's, I have taken to printing my own when needed. It all started when I had to do a serial number for Albert Ball's plane. Once I found out how easy it was, I just carried on with anything that was not commercially available. Great for multipul shields of a personal design for example.
    Rob.
    I have thought of that but unfortunately most of the stuff I need requires white and only Alps printers will do that and I don't have one

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Maybe take Rob's lead and build a few early war kits while you're waiting - mainly black markings on CDL aircraft, so a piece of cake for home printing....

34 plus another 12 in the post.

Still missing the usual suspect, Goering, Udet and Brumowski....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Maybe take Rob's lead and build a few early war kits while you're waiting - mainly black markings on CDL aircraft, so a piece of cake for home printing....
    Not that interested in those just now. Trouble is I have loads already re-painted awaitng decals (as you know) and lots more ready in the queue. I'll just have to park the Brits and switch back to Germans for a while.

Just crossed the 40 barrier by picking up another Richthofen, Rahn and Brumowski. Soon it will be on to the Revised deluxe set, some balloons and fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    Just crossed the 40 barrier by picking up another Richthofen, Rahn and Brumowski. Soon it will be on to the Revised deluxe set, some balloons and fillers.
    Where on earth did you find a Richthofen and Brumowski. P.M. me if it transgresses the sponsorship rules.
    Rob.

This has been a banner week for me.
    I finally hit 100 ready to fly WWI 1/144 aircraft, albeit they are WoW, Skytrex & Reverisco.

Where on earth did you find a Richthofen and Brumowski. P.M. me if it transgresses the sponsorship rules.
    Rob.

I guess I was a llitle premature with that post. The site let me fill my cart, pay and checkout but the next day I was notified that all 3 were out of stock. My quest for Rahn continues.

I guess I was a llitle premature with that post. The site let me fill my cart, pay and checkout but the next day I was notified that all 3 were out of stock. My quest for Rahn continues.
    Welcome to the club Chris. Same thing happened to me with three different dealers.

Cool WOW Anominous here I come

I had actually thought of posting this question a couple weeks ago, to see if I had a problem. Yep, I'm at 65 (how the h**l did I get 6 Snipes) and more coming with my revised Deluxe set(s) pre-order. All Nexus, though I'm inspired by the posting on TMP about a hand carved Gotha; I remember doing one when I was in Highschool, though never putting the wings on the fusalage. Might have to try that again. Sadness, only 2 D7s.
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    Welcome to the club Chris. Same thing happened to me with three different dealers.

Yep Ed, s**t happens

Just ordered another 3 today...2 Rahns and Fonck. Let's see what happens

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Fonck should be no problem. Rahn has been OOS with Fantasy Flight for a little while, so may be iffy, although it's still easy to find in Britain. (Pretty much the opposite of Nieuports - maybe we should arrange a swap scheme....)

Just ordered another 3 today...2 Rahns and Fonck. Let's see what happens
    FieldMarshalGames is out of stock on all 3. Same s**t different day. I'll pick up Fonck when I get the revised deluxe set. Rahn is another story. I'm surprised there is even a mini for him...if I remember he had only 6 victories.

You're right Dom, no problem with Nieuports in the States. I have all 3. Why, I'm not sure.

Scott, it depends who is asking - if it's the wife 5 or 6 and they only cost a few pence each.

When I remember the game outlines that Hunter's sent me have been great to play and after the game next week I'll do a write up on how it goes.

Cheers,

Aled

HAH - I currently have 26 planes with 12 more on the way today --- but I actually showed this poll to my wife just to point out that there were guys FAR FAR crazier than I. Thanks Fellas - you just help justify my last purchase - what a great hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Altvater View Post
    HAH - I currently have 26 planes with 12 more on the way today --- but I actually showed this poll to my wife just to point out that there were guys FAR FAR crazier than I. Thanks Fellas - you just help justify my last purchase - what a great hobby!
    Crazier? Crazier? I resent that remark. I don't deny it. I just resent it.

Glad we could prove to your wife that your not the only one afflicted.

Sorry,

But I only have three...

WW1- Roland x1 (Pretty in Pink)..

WW2- Hurricane x2 (Brit and Rus)..Gotta love Hurricanes...

My wife tells me size doesn't matter...

She tells me that all the time...

My answer is: all of them!

I buy the sets complete when they are released, it's just easier that way, although expensive at each purchase.

Users Country Flag

Name
    José Paulo
    Sorties Flown

I have all the planes of series 1,2 and 3, 5 planes from the series 4, and 1 ballon (all from WW1) - Total 41
    Also 13 planes from WW2, and a 1 mat.

José Paulo Vieira

I protest!
    The poll does not have a "not enough" option.
    :-)
    Aris K.

Quote Originally Posted by Akosion View Post
    I protest!
    Aris K.
    Go to see Wings anonymous at once. Failing that send another order to your supplier.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Akosion View Post
    I protest!
    Aris K.
    All options are "not enough" regardless of how many they add to tghe numbers

Where's the 200+ option?

I have all of the WWI Nexus stuff, so if you count the balloons that's 52.

The WWII stuff is where I went off the tracks about two years ago. I have pics of most of my WWII planes on my user page. There used to be a link in the user sidebar that would take you to the user pages photo albums. I think now you have to click on the user name to go to that user's home page.

Anyway, I've got most all of my WWII planes pics there. All of them have been modified to fit on the WWI flight stands. I drill a 5/64ths (if I'm remembering the drill bit size right) hole in the bottom of my planes, the insert a ...well, I can't recall the exact size of the styrene rod now, but I think it is .02mm.

So I use my WWI flight stands for the WWII stuff. I couldn't wait for Nexus to start the WWII stuff back then, so Roger_Wilco on here got me going on starting the WWII stuff on my own in 1/144 scale, which is the same scale as the Nexus WWI planes.

Here is just one pic, it's about a year and a half old though, so the collection has grown quite a bit since then.

My last count of ready to play (ready for combat) WWII planes was somewhere between 165-170.

Then I have about 60-65 unbuilt kits waiting their turn at the modelling table. Here is a pic of my stash, again, about a year and a half ago.

Some of those planes have already been built, and I've purchased new ones as well. My wife says that I need to start building them faster than I buy new ones. The ones to the right (in the first pic) are 1/144 scale, the ones to the left (45 or so) are 1/72 scale (all of the second pic); not Wings of War planes. 1/72 was my scale of choice to build WWII models. I think maybe now I'm a 1/144 scale guy!

I just finished a pair of Minicraft Japanese Tony's, I've got to get pics taken of them and added. They came out pretty good too.

So far, these are my sentimental favorites:

So lets see, counting all of my unbuilt planes (60-65), my WWI planes (50 not counting the 2 balloons), and the WWII palnes ready to play (165-170), that should put me approaching the 300 mark.

What is that, say (60/65)+50+(165/170)=275 to 285?
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 11-10-2010 at 09:20.

You will have to list them in scientific notation shortly

Cool P-40's and P-39 Aircobra's. You do some nice work Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    Where's the 200+ option?

...So lets see, counting all of my unbuilt planes (60-65), my WWI planes (50 not counting the 2 balloons), and the WWII palnes ready to play (165-170), that should put me approaching the 300 mark.

What is that, say (60/65)+50+(165/170)=275 to 285?
    Rob I would so much love to meet you and get in a few games! "I am not worthy!!! I am not worthy!!!" Your Collection ROCKS!

I COULD NOT BE MORE STOKED TODAY!! Not only is it Veterans Day, which for some reason has moved me in ways this year that it never has before... but it was also early Christmas for me as well! I managed to get a friend to take me out to my FLGS so I could put in and pay for the following order:

• Wings of War – Flight of the Giants
    • Wings of War Balloon Busters– Johnson Prince
    • Wings of War Game Mat East
    • Wings of War – Recon Patrol -
    • Wings of War – Top Fighters -
    • Wings of War – Dogfight -
    • Wings of War – Crossfire -
    • Fantasy Flight Mini European Board Game Sleeves
      - 15 Packs (hmmm 750 may not be enough)
    • Rumpler C.IV C. (8012/17) (Series IV)
    • Breguet BR.14 B2 (Browning & Duke) (Series IV)
    • RAF R.E. 8 (Ferguson & Fry) (Series III)

I also put in a pre-orer for the Revised WWI Deluxe Set.

Once the first order comes in next week I will be ordering a large storage solution as well!

Along with a few recent ebay and internet orders, this now puts me at 30+ planes, all four box sets, both playmats, one of the balloons, almost all of the booster decks, and a decent amount of the Aerodrome Accesories available on this site!
    I believe this now changes my classification from "I think I like these little guys" to "It would appear that I have become foolishly, but yet happily, obsessed with and addicted to WoW."

I have now also made arrangements with the owner of the FLGS to run WoW events in the near future... now I just have to get some of you Central Ohio players to drag your tail sections down and take to the skies with us! I can hardly wait!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 11-11-2010 at 21:12.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

More than yesterday as I just got my birthday pressies, including:

A balloon set (Yellow one)
    3x Pfalz
    1x Rumpler IV

3x Pfalz
    1x Rumpler IV

Very nice collection, Rob. Nice P-39s (for some reason, I'm attracted to the odder planes in WW2, P-39s, Dornier 335 Pushme/pullyous, etc).
    Wondering; since you say that 72 scale was your choice for WW2, did you play M&M at some CapCons; might have met you there. (Miss those games)
    Karl

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post

3x Pfalz
    1x Rumpler IV
    Happy birthday Tony. Have a great Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Very nice collection, Rob. Nice P-39s (for some reason, I'm attracted to the odder planes in WW2, P-39s, Dornier 335 Pushme/pullyous, etc).
    Wondering; since you say that 72 scale was your choice for WW2, did you play M&M at some CapCons; might have met you there. (Miss those games)
    Karl
    I miss CapCon period...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Default how many??????

(the boy with the most toy wins) you can never have to much!!

There are 24 aircraft in my cupboard...
    Got all of series1 the rest is an mix of series 2 and 3
    got all the WWI boxes and all the WWI cards...so far.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31
  3. Quality of Miniatures
    By BrunoStachel in forum Hobby Room