Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

My count is worse - much worse - than I expected.
    I can't/won't complete it yet - too scary!

Is it time to start a new poll with expanded ranges? It seems far too many are over the 41+ range. I'd like to know how many over the 100 or 150 range although I think I'm already over those as well. Reading the last few recent posts, I don't feel to bad about having so many although I do have three sons who like to play. We average 8 to 9 planes per sortie.

My latest tally is 292 aircraft plus five balloons, an N sea Scout and a Zeppelin.
    Of these 64 are not WoG/G models.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

It occurs to me that this poll should become a yearly event. I know that I was a founding member of WoW Anonymous when this thread actually started, and since then...Let's just say that we need a new scale to measure our miniature madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Willi Von Klugermann View Post
    I've given up counting.
    Smart man.

I'm sure it's been said before, but in answer to the main question. Not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    I'm sure it's been said before, but in answer to the main question. Not enough.
    My motto is, "Too much of a good thing is never enough".

Fourteen less than I should. (I'm behind the entirety of Series 7 and the two new Capronis.)

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    My motto is, "Too much of a good thing is never enough".
    Now that's the kind of positive reinforcement that I need.

LukefromNJ

13 at the moment (all WWI single-seat fighters), with 10 more WWI on order/reserved (including a 2-seater RE8). I also plan on getting the DVIIs when they come out (just the Stark and Sachsenberg ones, I already have Göring's from when it was "Wings of War"). I also plan on getting some Albatros DIIs and Dh.2s for some early-war combat, and a few more variations of the Camel, DV.a, and Dr.1 to round out my existing squadrons.
    Last edited by LukefromNJ; 05-24-2014 at 21:06.

This should be updated once every couple of years, expand 1-25 then 26-50 then 51-75 and so on.

This really should be:

How many WoW/WoG do you have?

Terribly few.
    Not nearly enough.
    Need more, many many more!
    I still feel an emptiness...
    I feel an almost comfortable lack of something...
    There are a few ones I still need...
    Waiting for the next release in anxiety...
    Can I ask for some new ones, please?...

Hmm following the recent Triples Event, I now have 48 planes and one balloon - not a patch on some of the 'big hitters' but they are all 'official miniatures' - mainly because I can't paint aeroplanes.... mind you still enough to land me in a world of trouble in certain quarters, lol.. Oh I also have a WWII Spitfire Mk.IX - my toe in the water for the more recent conflict, although that might change rapidly if there was a reprint of the Battle of Britain miniatures by Ares...

My big problem is not so much the number of minatures, but storage. My son and I recently got bigger storage shelves for the mins containers and it is not all for WoG but all the other games I play. So I think in the near future I will be limited by the amount of storage I have available for new mins and games. You would think that after 50 years of gaming I would have enough but that is not the case

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    My big problem is not so much the number of minatures, but storage. My son and I recently got bigger storage shelves for the mins containers and it is not all for WoG but all the other games I play. So I think in the near future I will be limited by the amount of storage I have available for new mins and games. You would think that after 50 years of gaming I would have enough but that is not the case
    Doug, you are SO right
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Mine are 48 and still counting, all of them are official WWI minis.
    I have some duplicate models as I am planning to repaint my own heroes.

Central Powers

Single seater:
    1X ALBATROS D.II (VON RICHTOFEN)
    1X ALBATROS D.II (SZEPESSY-SOKOLL)
    1X ALBATROS D.III (VOSS)
    1X ALBATROS D.VA (UDET)
    1X ALBATROS D.VA (PAUL BAUMER)
    1X AVIATIK D.I (TUREK)
    1X AVIATIK D.I (SABEDITSCH)
    1X AVIATIK D.I (LINKE-CRAWFORD)
    2X FOKKER A.III (HAUTZMAYER)
    1X FOKKER E.III (BUDDECKE)
    1X FOKKER DR.I (VON RICHTOFEN RED AND BLACK)
    1X FOKKER DR.I (VON RICHTOFEN ALL RED)
    1X HALBERSTADT D.III (KEUDELL)
    1X HALBERSTADT D.III (CAMOUFLAGE)
    1X SIEMENS-SHUCKERT D.III (LANGE)
    1X SIEMENS-SHUCKERT D.III (VON BEAULIEU-MARCONNAY)
    1X SIEMENS-SHUCKERT D.III (VELTIJENS)

Two seater:
    1X HALBERSTADT CL.II (NIEMANN/KOLODZICJ)
    1X UFAG C.1 (FLICK 23/D)

Entente & Italy

Single seater:
    1X AIRCO DH.2 (SAUNDBY)
    1X AIRCO DH.2 (ANDREWS)
    1X AIRCO DH.2 (HAWKER)
    2X HANRIOT HD.I (SCARONI)
    1X MORANE SAULNIER TYPE N (GILBERT)
    1X MORANE SAULNIER TYPE N (CHAPUT)
    1X MORANE SAULNIER TYPE N (NAVARRE)
    1X NIEUPORT 17 (NUNGESSER)
    3X NIEUPORT 23 (KIBANOV)
    1X SOPWITH CAMEL (BARKER)
    1X SOPWITH CAMEL (ELLWOOD)
    1X SOPWITH CAMEL (BROWN)
    1X SOPWITH TRIPLANE (COLLISHAW)
    8X SPAD VII (GUNEYMER)
    1X SPAD XIII (FRANK LUKE JUNIOR)

Two seater:
    1X BREGUET BR. 14 B2 (DE GREFFEIR/MARSEILLE)
    1X BRISTOL F.2B FIGHTER (HARWEY/WAIGHT)
    1X RAF R.E.8 (LONGTON/CARSON)

So, a trip to California this past week brought the opportunity to visit Brookhurst Hobbies, an outstanding game and minis store in SoCal. Spent about 6 hours checking out the whole store. Looked for some Valom kits but none found. Did pick up 5 more WGF planes, 2 series 2, 1 series 3, and 2 newer Ares releases. Also found 2 "Top Fighters" booster packs that I needed to fill out my maneuver decks. I have some Valom Fokker DVII kits on the way and needed the 'L' decks for them. Also got the Osprey Jasta 18 book, very nice indeed. Got some paint, some brushes... If you ever have the opportunity to go to Brookhurst(in Garden Grove) I highly recommend it. Great service, nice friendly folk that work there, and a few planes left, I couldn't buy them all unfortunately. So now I am in the 32 category, and expanding.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    So, a trip to California this past week brought the opportunity to visit Brookhurst Hobbies, an outstanding game and minis store in SoCal. Spent about 6 hours checking out the whole store. Looked for some Valom kits but none found. Did pick up 5 more WGF planes, 2 series 2, 1 series 3, and 2 newer Ares releases. Also found 2 "Top Fighters" booster packs that I needed to fill out my maneuver decks. I have some Valom Fokker DVII kits on the way and needed the 'L' decks for them. Also got the Osprey Jasta 18 book, very nice indeed. Got some paint, some brushes... If you ever have the opportunity to go to Brookhurst(in Garden Grove) I highly recommend it. Great service, nice friendly folk that work there, and a few planes left, I couldn't buy them all unfortunately. So now I am in the 32 category, and expanding.
    Ahh, I remember the days. I glad they are still around. I use to go to Brookhurst Hobbies when I was a teenager all the time. That would be the late seventies. I am kind of surprise they still exist with so much competition from the internet. Almost all the hobby shops that existed then are now gone. Only Hobby People ( aka Hobby Shack ) and Brookhurst hobbies remain. I'll look forward to going there the next I visit my cousin.

Brookhurst Hobbies. Good folks to work with, both online and in person.

Brookhurst Hobbies is a first class store. Used to spend a lot of time in their game room, many years ago.

Yep, my trip there was great. Always go when we're out there. Usually spend a full day just browsing around. You can spend a few hours just looking at the books they have, and that's not counting the massive collections of Osprey titles. Had to cut my visit short this time but still spent around 6 hours there. And yes, the service, whether in person or online is very good. They always make sure I know that they are available should I want to see anything or have any questions. What caught my attention this time was a nice selection of the Windsock Datafiles mags. Wanted to get one of several issues featuring the Albatros. But ended up getting the Jasta 18 Aviation Elite Units Osprey instead. I hate having to make those kinds of decisions.

LukefromNJ

These just came in from Aerodrome Accessories, raising my count to 18:

wings of glory 1.jpg

I decided we needed to reboot this poll:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...oted-2-JUN-14)
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

As of last Sunday at Enfilade, I have lowered my count by 48 when I sold/traded my surplus complete series 1-4 to one of the dealers for terrain, 1/48 scale painted WWII vehicles, and some cash.

Now I have room for the series II repaints, and the upcoming series 8!

James

Series 7 FINALLY ordered! Now to chase down the new Capronis, and wait for Series 2-B preorders, and Series 8, and the WGS bombers... and mop up the rest of the SGN Wave 2 frigates and sloops... and wait for the re-masted SGN First Rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Series 7 FINALLY ordered! Now to chase down the new Capronis, and wait for Series 2-B preorders, and Series 8, and the WGS bombers... and mop up the rest of the SGN Wave 2 frigates and sloops... and wait for the re-masted SGN First Rates...
    That's the fun thing about the addiction.....it seems to never end.

And also the rub... these two games are gonna make me financially hemorrhage on a level Axis & Allies never even approached.

Gentlemen,

The rebooted thread is only for those of us who qualify with at least 3 cubic yards of storage for your aircraft. LOL!

James

Well, shoot, I guess that just flat-out disqualifies me--most of my collection for WGF/WGS fits very nicely into five Panera Bread catering boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by James Denberger View Post
    Gentlemen,

The rebooted thread is only for those of us who qualify with at least 3 cubic yards of storage for your aircraft. LOL!

James
    Not in the least! It starts at "less than 25". just goes higher.
    karl

Quote Originally Posted by James Denberger View Post
    Gentlemen,

James
    Not in the least! It starts at "less than 25". It just goes higher.
    karl

Gentlemen,
    I am waiting for new planes of WWI and WWII.
    So I have made an update to my wings.
    The total amount is 139 WWI minis (39 repainted & modified), 76 WWII minis (6 repainted).
    Total 215 + 19 minis in work in progress.
    Have a nice summer holidays!
    Bye Carlo
    PS The last One's! FW 190 D9 Rudel & Backhorn
    FW190.jpg

Gentlemen,
    I am waiting for new planes of WWI and WWII.
    So I have made an update to my wings.
    The total amount is 139 WWI minis (39 repainted & modified), 76 WWII minis (6 repainted).
    Total 215 + 19 minis in work in progress.
    Have a nice summer holidays!
    Bye Carlo
    PS The last One's! FW 190 D9 Rudel & Backhorn
    FW190.jpg

Beautul Doras, Carlo. But by your post I come to understand that you have 430 planes! It it that or is it wishful thinking?

WOULD have the Series 2 reprints on-the-way, if some jokers would cool it on cleaning 12-7 out and let me get my order in...

Who the heck REALLY wants Kazakov and Sapozhnikov, anyway? (Other than completists like me, that is.) Those are the two that sold out first...

WOULD have the Series 2 reprints on-the-way, if some jokers would cool it on cleaning 12-7 out and let me get my order in... DO have the two new Capronis en-route.

Who the heck REALLY wants Kazakov and Sapozhnikov, anyway? (Other than completists like me, that is.) Those are the two that sold out first...

Saw that last night myself. Grrrr. I'm sure someone has them to supply our addiction.

Saw that last night myself. Grrrr. I'm sure someone has them to supply our addiction.

WOULD have the Series 2 reprints on-the-way, if some jokers would cool it on cleaning 12-7 out and let me get my order in... DO have the two new Capronis en-route.

Doesn't the AA still have some?
    Karl

M&M and Cool Stuff have them as well.

Karl, nothing against Keith--I've been meaning to put an order together with him for a while--just that I prefer to order as complete sets when I can, never below the Free Shipping minimum, and it's been long enough since my last order with Bill I thought it was time to throw him a bone again. (Bill and I go back to War at Sea days--he's always taken good care of me.)

Karl, nothing against Keith--I've been meaning to put an order together with him for a while--just that I prefer to order as complete sets when I can, never below the Free Shipping minimum, and it's been long enough since my last order with Bill I thought it was time to throw him a bone again. (Bill and I go back to War at Sea days--he's always taken good care of me.)
    Seems I'm as cheap as you are. Its been a while since I placed an order under $100. Free shipping is a biggie for me. Wish Keith would implement a similar policy.

Not at all; I've dealt with him a number of times with great satisfaction, esp. the last order that was "lost" by the USPS.
    More than likely, I'll buy from him again too.
    Karl

I am only just getting back in to WGS used to play WGF and had around 30 planes.
    Currently have 12 WWII planes but the list will grow very fast.

My son will make sure if that. His wish list is as big as mine.

Alan

Updating...

WW1 Ser. 1: A 12/12, B 7/7, RDS 4/4 = 23/23
    Ser. 2: A 12/12, B 9/9 = 21/21 (44/44)
    Ser. 3: 12/12 (56/56)
    Ser. 4: 12/12 (64/64)
    Ser. 5: 12/12 (76/76)
    Ser. 6: 12/12 (88/88)
    Ser. 7: 12/12 (100/100)
    Ser. 8: 0/12 (waiting for paycheck to clear for preorder - 100/112)
    Balloon Busters: 2/2 (102/114)
    Bombers: A Caproni 2/2, Gotha 2/2 - B Caproni 2/2 = 6/6 (108/120)
    WoW-WW1/WGF: 108/120

WWII Ser 1: 12/12, DS 4/4 = 16/16
    Ser. 2: 12/12
    Ser. 3: 8/8, DS 4/4 = 12/12
    Ser. 4: 12/12
    Ser. 5: 12/12
    Bombers 1: B-25 2/2, He111 2/2
    Bombers 2: B-17 0/2, Lancaster 0/2 (2/2 each pending)
    WoW-WW2/WGS: 68/72

Total 123 miniatures, and counting...

16ww1, and 16ww2 til tomorrow then I getting a ride to a store the ask me again.

I'm Back an Hur of driving and the store doesn't carry any Wings of glory! I'm going to try another that knows carry wings of Glory stuff!

LOOP

63 ww1 and counting.......

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31