Ares Games

View Poll Results: How many miniatures do you own?

Voters
690. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 (I only use cards)

19 2.75%
  • 1-10 (just getting going)

146 21.16%
  • 11-25 (I think I like these little guys)

175 25.36%
  • 26-40 (I may have a problem)

106 15.36%
  • 41+ (WOW Anonymous for you)

244 35.36%
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miniatures do you own?

Default How many miniatures do you own?

As I continue to make room for the new minis we buy, I started wondering how many the average WOW player owns.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

I have everyone of the WW1 ones. I'm still waiting on Amazon to send me Series Four though...

I'd consider myself average for a WoW gamer... and I now have 28....
    plus two more on the way !!

"He is wise who watches"

I just added the poll part, so make sure to cast a vote. Hunter and I have 39 all together so far, with more to be ordered soon.

Scott

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Yeah, mine might have gotten a little out of hand - I had to sell off a few units recently, so at present maybe 60 or so, mainly in flights of 6 from the same squadron or Jasta. Four more lots of 6 on the go though, plus a few Skytrex kit builds. Oops.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Actually, I forgot the two extra DR1's I repainted with Dom's (brilliant) decals...

I have 17 and the West Play Mat... and I started playing a month ago.

I'd have more, if DVII's and DR1's were still available! I'm trying to put a hold on purchases until the holidays - we'll see how long I last.

Holiday list includes:
    Pfalz Hotzlem
    Barker Snipe
    East Play Mat
    Deluxe Set
    At least 1 balloon
    and eagerly awaiting Set 5!

I have 93 ready to fly.
    31 WoW and 62 Skytrex & Reverisco, not counting unbuilt.
    All WWI
    Last edited by Ed2; 10-26-2010 at 11:24.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Thankyou Ed - I feel a little better about my habit now....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Thankyou Ed - I feel a little better about my habit now....
    I'm glad it makes you feel better Dom.
    It still scares me.

I think you should add some higher catagories to the poll. If you've only collected all the WWI sets (as I did) you're up to 50 planes + 2 balloons.

(And that's assuming you are asking how many WoW minis we own. If you are asking how many miniatures of any type we own, my answer would be !)

Only 42 but 4 on order. 2 of these are Reverisco and five Skytrex. The rest are W.o.W.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Afraid I'm in the WOW Anonymous category , went a bit overboard last year when I found a source that had a limited number of the official models at US prices. About a third of them are Skytrex and Reverisco kits.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    I think you should add some higher catagories to the poll. If you've only collected all the WWI sets (as I did) you're up to 50 planes + 2 balloons.

(And that's assuming you are asking how many WoW minis we own. If you are asking how many miniatures of any type we own, my answer would be !)
    Hey Larry. I was considering going higher but wasn't sure if that would overdo the poll options. I considered adding a 41-50 and a 50+, but decided not to. I was thinking of only WOW minis when I made the poll and completely forgot about the other minis many have. Still, I think the poll results are getting the answers I was looking for. LOL!!

Scott

Default No room to put them.

I design WW1 RC kits and have no place to put even them. But it's all about the game!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mike George View Post
    I design WW1 RC kits and have no place to put even them. But it's all about the game!!!!!!!!!
    Now if you can get that R/C model down to 1/144, your rich.

Oops I micalculated I thought I had about 24 planes when I actually have at least 34 planes + 2 balloons (I may find a couple more hidden from the boss)
    I think I may need some help!
    Don

40+

Almost full set of Minis Series (From Series I to Series IV. I don't have only Goering airplane ) + 2 Wings of War Miniatures WWI Balloon Buster sets.

The number of owned minis is inversely proportional to the time I can devote to play with my friend!

Attilio

I get at least 4 from each series, so I have one of each plane. lately I added to that by getting a second plane of each style. Am trying not to buy everything.

If I had a good way to store and transport I might have more. I have all my planes in their individual boxes and put them in a bigger box to carry. Now I need a bigger box. But I am looking at how others store and carry.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by von Klauser View Post
    I get at least 4 from each series, so I have one of each plane. lately I added to that by getting a second plane of each style. Am trying not to buy everything.

If I had a good way to store and transport I might have more. I have all my planes in their individual boxes and put them in a bigger box to carry. Now I need a bigger box. But I am looking at how others store and carry.

Bob
    Check out the Aerodrome accessories in a few weeks. They should have a solution to your (and my) problem by then.

I like your fighter.

I'm in the 50+ group. Have all of the WoW miniatures plus extras for repaints. Also 10 built white metal kits, two under construction right now and more unbuilt. Me thinks I have a problem. Counted last night 75(includes WoW mini's and completed kits) plus 2 Balloons.
    Last edited by gregbond77; 10-27-2010 at 16:11. Reason: add info

Oh dear it looks like I really need help. There's no catagory for 100+.

I've let it get out of control again haven't I?

Last count I had $$$$..... ........and they just keep coming. It's that evil Yorshireman, Skelton. He's evil I tell you. Nothing but a Plane pusher and he lures you in with the false promise of lovely decals. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

When's the next WoW Anonymous Meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc206 View Post
    Oh dear it looks like I really need help. There's no catagory for 100+.

I've let it get out of control again haven't I?

Tomorrow, at your house!?!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

It's that evil Yorshireman, Skelton. He's evil I tell you. Nothing but a Plane pusher and he lures you in with the false promise of lovely decals.
    I can't help it if I'm over-worked and horrendously anal about tracking down accurate serial numbers when doing British sheets.... On the plus side, I seem to have figured out the PRO's indexing system for WWI squadron logs, which can't possibly end well. Looks like a few of them are downloadable at slightly rip-off prices - might try a sample tomorrow to check they're really what I'm after (should be; the Aussie ones were most helpful when doing 4th AFC, and the British ought to be the same format) in which case a Ł2.50 day trip to London and an afternoon in Kew may be in my future....

Dom.

PS - Don't tell anyone, but I'm not really a proper northerner at all....
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-26-2010 at 15:37.

Well...for WoW I have 56 and for DoW I have 24. I'm including 2 balloons and the Deluxe set (version 1)...all are strictly "official" WoW/DoW models. Also have all the boosters and the play mats. Guess I'm fortunate to afford all this.

I've only bought Nexus miniatures for WWI:

24 Triple Entente

5x Camel, 4x Nieuport (29 Sqn), 6x SE.5a (56 Sqn), 3x Snipe, 3x Spad XIII & 3x RE8 (13 Sqn)

15 Central Powers*

(4x Dr.I, 3x Ufag C1, 2x D.III, 3x D.Va & 3x D.VII)
    *There would be more but for the British supply issues

...But I have gone over to 1:600 for WoW: DoW as I wanted to create large formations and Big Wings

(24x Bf109's, 16x Bf110's, 36 He111's & 30 Ju88 vs 26 Spitfires & 28 Hurricanes)

I couldn't afford to do that with Nexus and I definitely couldn't wait

I'm just getting started and on a budget of an allowance $8 a week, I get 1 plane every 2 weeks or so.

More than I thought. 37 if my math is correct

3 DIII 3 DVa 3 DVII 2 DrI 3 Pfalz 2 Ufag 2 Rumpler 2 Roland

3 Se5 3 Camel 3 Nu17 2 Snipe 2 Spad 2 RE8 DH4 Breuget

No doubles. All Nexus and 4 kids to play with.

Still waiting for the revised deluxe set.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Troy
    Sorties Flown

Okay, now I don't feel so bad for have all the series 1 through 3 WWI aircraft and one of each balloon. I prefer to buy my planes in a full series at once. That way I don't depend on 'hit or miss' at the LGS or online shopping. I figure if I am going to spend the money anyway it might as well be all at once and budget for that purpose.

I only started collecting after WWII came out. I have since gone back and bought about 15 WW1 planes....I wish I had gotten into it sooner. I look forward to reissue of series one and two.

a Ł2.50 day trip to London and an afternoon in Kew may be in my future....
    If you do let me know and we can grab a beer. I'm not far from there.

On average I have 1 each of all the WW1 minatures and 2 Baloons. In WW2 I mainly have 2 of each of the ones I need/like. This Nexus only. I have about 25 planes of other manufactures.

I'm in the WOW Anonymous category as well. My wife states I can't buy any more until we get back from Az.

So I'm biting the bullet on this one. Now you know why we have to check our ammo.

Yup, I'm a 100+ guy too; I'm an addict ..... sort-of.

20 are WoW/Nexus; the others are scratch-built.

Six "regular" players and six "sometimes" players (our gaming group now totals 12) use these minis ........ so it's not entirely fair to label me an addict.

Because I "discovered" WoW, have a comfortable play area and have a modelling passion, I took the jobs of primary host and chief "procurer". I and two others are the "Rules Weenies". A few, including me, also like keeping the statistics/records.

None of us are true "collectors" or "historians"; rather we all love a good game and the friendship. WoW is our current game for the next several years I suspect.

In recent years (the past 20) we have played Battle Mech, Lord Of the Rings, D&D miniatures and Pirates. All of which have neat figures/ships. Fortunately I was not the primary "procurer" for all of these.

It feels good to get the sorid story out in the open.

I have 46 planes and three balloons, and two additional Albatross D.Vas are waiting for repainting. Soon I will order both mats and the new Deluxe set, but what I really need is gaming company... WoW is so irritating rare here in Finland. :/

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

If you do let me know and we can grab a beer. I'm not far from there.
    Will do, although I clearly need to dig some more - have found the combat reports, which are obviously interesting reading, but for decal-making what I really want are the war diaries, which it turns out I've not found yet....

[Edit] Looks like I have found them now (albeit not described as war diaries, which explains why my original searches didn't work....) but they don't have any download option at all. Hmm, time for a look at Megabus....
    Last edited by Dom S; 10-27-2010 at 05:45.

Will do, although I clearly need to dig some more - have found the combat reports, which are obviously interesting reading, but for decal-making what I really want are the war diaries, which it turns out I've not found yet....

[Edit] Looks like I have found them now (albeit not described as war diaries, which explains why my original searches didn't work....) but they don't have any download option at all. Hmm, time for a look at Megabus....
    Dom. got any idea of where I can find info on WW!. flight logs. I am scratching about with a few poor pictures. Went to look at the Ball collection but no flight log book there either. Trying to honour a promise I made to the Col. back in the spring.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Logbooks were generally kept by the pilot or family afaik, so frankly could be anywhere - his combat reports will be on file in the PRO, but there's no single repository for logbooks.

[Edit:] Have just had a quick search, and rapidly came across "Albert Ball's logbook has never been found" so scratch that one....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Gino
    Sorties Flown

WWII: 7 + 4 (deluxe set) fighter, 3 bomber

WWI: 2 fighter, 1 2-seat

Usually I try, for WWII, to get the most iconic (Sakai) and powerful (SpitII) minis and to cover all nations (Italian fighter and Stuka).

G.

I got them all since I was addicted from the first series. Its just to hard to resist them... lol

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Tomorrow, at your house!?!
    That's not a meeting. That's an intervention.

I will have been playing WoW for a week this Saturday. I have 5, and 2 in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    That's not a meeting. That's an intervention.
    So we are going to try and convince Tony 100+ is not enough?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

"Try and convince" - talk about an easy job. If you want to convince him it *is* enough you might actually have a challenge....

Wink

I only have 6 planes, but I'm still new to the game, and pay day is coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    So we are going to try and convince Tony 100+ is not enough?
    Ha, you silly person (in a Monty Pythyon french accent)! Of course 100+ is not enough. You can't get enough. That's why I'm still getting kits and doing lots of re-paints. Wa ha ha hah!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S
    "Try and convince" - talk about an easy job. If you want to convince him it *is* enough you might actually have a challenge....
    You see, the 'plastic Yorkshireman' speaks sooth and I would have many more if he produced the decals that I need fast enough for me. I mean, it's not like he has anything else to do is it??? - LOL

Need more planes, nice planes, lovely planes, pretty planes, precious planes.....

....and they're mine, all mine...............

Ha, you silly person (in a Monty Pythyon french accent)! Of course 100+ is not enough. You can't get enough. That's why I'm still getting kits and doing lots of re-paints. Wa ha ha hah!!!!!!

You see, the 'plastic Yorkshireman' speaks sooth and I would have many more if he produced the decals that I need fast enough for me. I mean, it's not like he has anything else to do is it??? - LOL

Need more planes, nice planes, lovely planes, pretty planes, precious planes.....

Well put Tony.
    I'm still laughing.

Gotta love Monty Python. Thanks for the laugh!!

13 Planes, 1 Mat, Two of the 4 box sets... and I just started collecting at Origins 2010... hoping to double that by December or so... I want to be able to run events locally and once I move as well!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I need to change my answer from the 11-25 bracket to the 26-40 bracket. My purchases yesterday put me into the next category.

But let's be honest. I definitely have a problem!

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 6 and 7 Miniatures
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 454
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 04:45
  2. Series 2 miniatures
    By John B in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 03:31
  3. Quality of Miniatures
    By BrunoStachel in forum Hobby Room