Ares Games

Thread: The Fun Of The Great Un*&^%$#!ing....

Default The Fun Of The Great Un*&^%$#!ing....

We upgraded our main computer yesterday (the old one was running Windows XP, to give you an idea). Now I am having to go through and re-establish all the shortcuts, saved passwords and such (fortunately, there is a function for that); etc. ....

" o/~ We are marching to Pretoria... o/~ "

Nightmare, Im still running my desktop with XP, I know I should really upgrade, but . but

Laptop's on 7, and as far as I'm concerned Win10 can Go Drown In Burning Sewage.
    Historical Consultant/Researcher, Wings and Sails lines - Unless stated otherwise, all comments are personal opinion only and NOT official Ares policy.
    Wings Checklists: WWI (down Navarre Nieuport, Ares Drachens) | WWII (complete)

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Laptop's on 7, and as far as I'm concerned Win10 can Go Drown In Burning Sewage.
    so. tell us how you REALLY feel.......

Smile

I changed my PC from Windows 7 to 10 & no hassles, just had to learn all the new stuff available.

Both wife's desktop & my laptop upgraded to Win10 without issues - but the whole "re-set links, re-learn default folder locations" etc. is a chore I agree

Bought 'er indoors a Laptop pre-loaded with Windows 10 which works perfectly. I upgraded my PC to Win 10 from Win 7 and it lasted 3 days before corrupting and not allowing me to access my apps or anything useful.......
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I'm too reliant on older programmes and hardware to risk it - kept deleting the update file until it took the hint and stopped trying....

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andrew
    Sorties Flown

I actually like Win 10, for me it combines the best features of 7 and 8 (which I didn't like). It's easily used either with a touch or a mouse and I like the way it does everything pretty seamlessly. As someone who works in IT and has used every version since 3.11 it's certainly up with W7 as the best of the lot. Also it does have pretty good backwards support, most older hardware is picked up instantly without needing to install the drivers.

Not going to happen here Dom either, until I finally can't run anything without it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    I'm too reliant on older programmes and hardware to risk it - kept deleting the update file until it took the hint and stopped trying....
    I was the same, until one day Windows 10 commenced loading!

I must have missed a "NO" button somewhere, through not paying attention...............................

The upshot is, everything went just fine, and I am happy with the result.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Great WW2 Art!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 00:30
  2. A great day to fly.
    By Von Hinnebusch in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 17:17
  3. Even More great WW1 Art.
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4