Ares Games
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The Late War Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Just flew 25, will do 26.....oh yeah, have to write them up, no pressure, no pressure! Must get done, must get done...
    I have had mission 24 ready for three weeks but between work and my oldest graduating high school as well as the usual mundane demands the engagement remains unplayed! I hope to get it done this weekend, then mission 25 early next week. Being realistic I doubt 26 will be played and reported by the end of the month, but C’est la guerre

Good luck Carl. Busy times huh Looking forward to reading your AARs as and when you have the time - I know the feeling, and I'm retired for heaven's sake.

The OTT Bitter End Campaign is now officially closed !

Well done and thank you to all who were able to contribute, you put in many hours of gaming and story telling, it has been a privilege to be part of it.

I will unstick the Bitter End sticky's as they are linked to the Links To All so as to clear the deck for the Daring Young Men, I will also close down this thread in due course as well and start a fresh one.

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks to all that participated for some excellent scenarios, exciting action and AARs. More thanks to the effort Dave puts in to keeping this going! A little REP for you Sir!
    Last edited by Teaticket; 12-03-2018 at 07:15.

Cheers and thanks to all Drinks all round and once again, a special thanks to Uncle.

Thumbs up

Yes without Dave's efforts this could not happen.
    Hats off to flash, Uncle & Onkle for a great job, well done.

Don't forget Zio. I need to thank him as well.

Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Great job keeping the herd of cats under control, Dave.
    Really looking foreword to the next adventure.

As the Great War has now concluded, I am now in a position to reveal the final recipients of the Order of the Silver Bulldog for conspicuous long service to the Campaign in that the did complete the whole tour of Duty. In consultation with His Majesty, Mr Lloyd George, and the Minister for War, it is with great pleasure that I announce the award to the following Officers:-

Colonel Gully Raker.(Baz)

Captain Mikeemagnus.(Mike)

and Captain Setarius.(Dale)

This Award is normally given at the Regimental Dinner Doncaster. in view of two of the recipients being on extended overseas service, the Order and its ribbon will be posted to you in due course.
    It only remains for me to add my own congratulations to you on being awarded this meritorious and rare decoration.

Acting on behalf of the Air Ministry,

F.O. Kyte. Wing Commander 69 Squadron. ( "The Bulldogs", who's motto is and will remain:Cave canem vero vituli )

Hey, my sincere thanks Wing Co., that's a pleasant surprise. Time to pile into the Mess again then - drinks all round
    Congrats too to Col Raker and Captain Setarius - I guess the following rounds will be on them

PS Didn't realize that the Bulldogs had such a wonderful motto - very fitting

Did you also notice the Squadron number. In all these games over the years nobody on either side of the lines has raised that issue.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    As the Great War has now concluded, I am now in a position to reveal the final recipients of the Order of the Silver Bulldog for conspicuous long service to the Campaign in that the did complete the whole tour of Duty. In consultation with His Majesty, Mr Lloyd George, and the Minister for War, it is with great pleasure that I announce the award to the following Officers:-

This Award is normally given at the Regimental Dinner Doncaster. in view of two of the recipients being on extended overseas service, the Order and its ribbon will be posted to you in due course.
    It only remains for me to add my own congratulations to you on being awarded this meritorious and rare decoration.

Acting on behalf of the Air Ministry,

F.O. Kyte. Wing Commander 69 Squadron. ( "The Bulldogs", who's motto is and will remain:Cave canem vero vituli )
    Wow! That was unexpected Rob! Many thanks to Wing Commander Kyte, His Majesty, other dignitaries & the Air Ministry. It will be a great Honour to wear this decoration.
    (Sort of like a British version of the Blue Max!)

Hummm! The Squadron Number did slip by my brain but it is a "Significant Number" .
    Last edited by gully_raker; 12-05-2018 at 15:27.

Well done chaps , Dont forget to bring it to Doncaster Mike

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Did you also notice the Squadron number.
    I hadn't noticed Wing Co., but I have now Also, I suppose that, as a Bulldog, I must try not to write too much Bull***t either !!

Dont forget to bring it to Doncaster Mike
    I shall certainly do that Paul Looking forward to that and to meeting you at long last too

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Uh, Thanks. I just saw where I was made Captain due to service in the last campaign.
    Thanks it was a wild ride.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    I hadn't noticed Wing Co., but I have now Also, I suppose that, as a Bulldog, I must try not to write too much Bull***t either !!

I shall certainly do that Paul Looking forward to that and to meeting you at long last too
    Taurus stercore is acceptable only if you drop it on the German airfields Mike.
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Wow! That was unexpected Rob! Many thanks to Wing Commander Kyte, His Majesty, other dignitaries & the Air Ministry. It will be a great Honour to wear this decoration.
    (Sort of like a British version of the Blue Max!)

Hummm! The Squadron Number did slip by my brain but it is a "Significant Number" .
    Honour well deserved Baz.

Don't forget to thank Captain Triggers, who undoubtedly helped you out in many of your exploits. Incidentally I hear that he is to be given a gong and promotion now that the conflict is ended. What will he do with himself do you think?
    Kyte.

Congratulations to Barry, Mike and Dale - well done and a rousing Rah Rah Rah and stand up straight for your National Anthem at the award ceremony.

Did you also notice the Squadron number. In all these games over the years nobody on either side of the lines has raised that issue.
    Rob.
    Is that because from almost day one the Bulldogs have been 52 Sqn Rob....?!
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...2Sq-(Bulldogs)

"He is wise who watches"

[/FONT][/I]
    Congratulations to all, thoroughly deserved - wear it with pride, I know I do !

"He is wise who watches"

Taurus stercore is acceptable only if you drop it on the German airfields Mike.
    To which they, of course, will reply with "Bull ets" - boom boom (Apologies for another very bad grandad pun).

Is that because from almost day one the Bulldogs have been 52 Sqn Rob....?
    Don't be a spoil sport Uncle - a change is as good as a holiday

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    ... Don't be a spoil sport Uncle - a change is as good as a holiday
    It's not being a spoil sport Mike - the statement's just plain wrong !
    Rob himself named the Bulldogs as 52 Sqn in the original campaign - The Eagles are, or become, Jasta 24. They are both even named so on the spreadsheet from an earlier campaign. I put it down to gin intake, or, lack of it !

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Is that because from almost day one the Bulldogs have been 52 Sqn Rob....?!
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...2Sq-(Bulldogs)
    Sorry flash must have read it upside down.
    It must have been Cano Corso that I intended to make sixty nine.
    It is Gin starvation which is the problem.
    I'd better get myself one in.
    Rob.

Sorry flash must have read it upside down.
    It must have been Cano Corso that I intended to make sixty nine.
    It is Gin starvation which is the problem.
    I'd better get myself one in.
    Rob.
    It might just be worry about how much water the aspidistra needs with its whisky.
    Enjoy your gin,

Smile

Honour well deserved Baz.

Don't forget to thank Captain Triggers, who undoubtedly helped you out in many of your exploits. Incidentally I hear that he is to be given a gong and promotion now that the conflict is ended. What will he do with himself do you think?
    Kyte.
    I reckon he will stay in the RAF to help build it for the inevitable Second Round & along with Keith Park & other WW1 vets will help "the Few" defend Blighty against Hitlers Nazi's.

Good call Baz.
    After his interview with Maurice Baring it looks as if Kyte has landed some Air Ministry desk job working for Air Commodore Raymond's Department.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WncosDesk.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	259052

Rob.

Don't get that desk scorched Rob !

"He is wise who watches"

Warning far too late I'm afraid Dave.

Tapped out my pipe, knocked my Gin all over the desk and,,,,,,,,,,

Name:	Wncos Desk. on firejpg.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	259057

Alarm goes off and entire War Office gets evacuated onto the Horse Guards.
    Not a good first day!
    Kyte.

Smile

Warning far too late I'm afraid Dave.

Tapped out my pipe, knocked my Gin all over the desk and,,,,,,,,,,

Name:	Wncos Desk. on firejpg.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	259057

Alarm goes off and entire War Office gets evacuated onto the Horse Guards.
    Not a good first day!
    Kyte.

I hope he had a parachute, looks like he bailed out!

I have posted the epilogue for Mission 25, my last Bitter End contribution - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post491893

As I ran out of time to finish the last missions there will be a post script wrapping up the alternate history of the See Adler Staffel.

Look forward to reading that Carl. Makes my comments under the AAR thread irrelevant, but glad you will be doing this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34