Ares Games
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Late War Campaign

July approaches quickly - Paul is in the chair for this one - have you something dastardly for us old chap ?

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Dastardly indeed

It will be out late Sunday due to being in Rennes ( bit like the German High Command on D Day) but let me say you will need your Gothas and Capris ready for take off.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Have a pair of Capros ready and waiting.
    The Staaken is sitting idle and waiting as well.

Nice Paul - bombs away again. Been a while and I shall enjoy playing the big boys once more. I'll probably be late though - yet again. Yon and I are off on a narrow boat all next week, starting Saturday, then we've got Bovington followed by Devizes. But it will be done, on time

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Is that what they call boot camp Baz

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Nice Paul - bombs away again. Been a while and I shall enjoy playing the big boys once more. I'll probably be late though - yet again. Yon and I are off on a narrow boat all next week, starting Saturday, then we've got Bovington followed by Devizes. But it will be done, on time
    Late is not a problem Mike I am 2 down and will struggle to catch up in the next few months.

You'll do it ok Paul. Say hi to Rennes for me. Like that city loads

Take your time. I have just now finished playing Belleau Wood and am setting up for mission 16 before I upload the AAR.

Maximum effort!!!

Well after a delay due to an extra day with the newby grandson and a power cut due to storms the Second battle of Cambrai is available on a table near you.

My mission 15 is done, AAR and CASREP posted.

It was a bloody affair and my See Adlers had more than their fair share of luck ….. until they didn't

Uncle will be absent this weekend as he's running a table at the Tank Museum - should be back Monday some time.

Mission 17 underway, should be posted by the weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5B230A9C-F412-49FE-9AB7-33BFA87815CE.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	251720

Hopefully Peter will be along with Mission 24 before too long

Name:	dastardlyandmuttley_l05.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	251989

The most dastardly one of them all.
    Last edited by john snelling; 07-31-2018 at 05:26.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Hopefully Peter will be along with Mission 24 before too long
    I know I haven't been active lately but the mission is ready and will be posted on the 31st.(my time)

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I know I haven't been active lately but the mission is ready and will be posted on the 31st.(my time)
    Never think of you as inactive Peter !

Looking forward to it Peter
    Thats what you say now.

Mission 24 is now available. Good luck gentlemen.

Uncle/Onkel will be away on a spot of leave for the next couple of weeks - he may be able to keep tabs on what's going on but will not be able to provide his usual admin services. He will be around today though.

Hopefully Carl will be along with Mission 25 before too long, probably tucked up with work...

I'm looking forward to this but it will still be a while before I can play mission 24, I'm back at home for a week yet but away again until late September.
    The good news is that the Snipes arrived for the game, and so too did 4 Fokker DVII's, unfortunately Valom kits and so with some sage advice from Flying Helmet I'm building them as fast as my fat little fingers will go.

Dave I just wanted to let you know this, because I guess the new player drop out rate is not unusual.
    Cheers

Thanks for letting me know John

Hi Dave,
    Busy, busy, busy, right now. All three grandsons gone down with Chicken pox, the babe now in hospital with it - he's doing ok, but a precaution, as he's only three weeks and a bit old and at that age it can be nasty. Then we are off to Canada next week and not back for a while. Shall catch up as and when. Meanwhile, I hope everyone is in good shape. Take care all,
    Laters,
    Mike

Have a great trip Mike & best wishes for the little 'uns recovery - let us know if you manage to get a game in with Mike !

let us know if you manage to get a game in with Mike !
    Yep, certainly shall - looking forward to M-Con

Lightbulb

Hopefully Carl will be along with Mission 25 before too long, probably tucked up with work...
    Last I heard he was off in the wilds of Western Qld & perhaps even in the Northern Territory but I am sure he will "front up" ASAP.
    I should get to play M24 mid to late this coming week.

Hello Lads,

Apologies I have not yet posted this month’s engagement, I am currently still 1000 kilometres from home base. I have only just got back into comms range after spending the last eight days in western QLD far from any mobile phone towers. Remote and beautiful country, the real ‘Outback’. Two mates and I are making the trip to celebrate our 50th birthdays. We did the Dinosaur Trail so the trip was dubbed the ‘Fossil Tour’ by our respective spouses!

Name:	FAEEDC7E-9F2B-4D3E-99FB-1BA83AC88C5B.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	253636

Name:	626D761B-FDD8-411C-ADDB-245A7E7F83A2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	253635

Name:	23D72FBE-F838-46B7-B098-AA571A6BFE35.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	253633

I will be back in Brisbane on Thursday and will immediately upload the mission.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Looks like beautiful country, glad you could get away for your 50th.

Enjoy the rest of your tour Carl and thanks for taking time out to let us know

Hi Dave,
    Busy, busy, busy, right now. All three grandsons gone down with Chicken pox, the babe now in hospital with it - he's doing ok, but a precaution, as he's only three weeks and a bit old and at that age it can be nasty. Then we are off to Canada next week and not back for a while. Shall catch up as and when. Meanwhile, I hope everyone is in good shape. Take care all,
    Laters,
    Mike
    Ah the joys of being a Grand parent. the little darlings catch everything and generously pass it on to all they meet.

The briefing for mission 25 has been uploaded here - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...arl-Brisgamer)

As always if there are any questions fire away.

Unhappy

Still battling this damned Virus so might not get to play M24 until later next week.
    Living on Nasal Spray, Cough mixture & Scotch which is for medicinal purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Still battling this damned Virus so might not get to play M24 until later next week.
    Living on Nasal Spray, Cough mixture & Scotch which is for medicinal purposes only.
    Sorry to hear that Barry, but it sounds like you are taking the right steps on the road to recovery

SWMBO has been doing the same on all counts.
    Get better soon!

Sounds nasty Baz,everything except the whisky.

Get well soon Baz - Uncle thought we should send a nurse in but he's worried that what doesn't cure you could kill you !

I'm pleased to say that Rob will be able to provide our final mission of the campaign next month & that Kyte will be returning to the front for his last foray. Hopefully the last results will be in by November and OTTBE will be at an end !
    Rather than jumping straight into something new there will be a break over Christmas and a bit of discussion before new operations commence in January.
    In the meantime if you still want a game and there's a favourite mission you want to replay then please have at it and post your AAR in the AAR sub-forum to see if we can stir some interest from the collective in joining our next foray.
    Uncle will indent for medals for those that have earned them. They will not be awarded outside of the campaign time which will end on Dec 1st (to allow for those playing catch up).

That sounds like a good plan.
    I hope Rob's last mission will give us an opportunity to use most (if not all) of our scout pilots for one last kick at the can.

Looking forward to discussion on the next move - my BE.2Cs and FE.2bs are in the paint shop waiting for some detailing and, eventually, decals.
    I also acquired a couple of Pups over the summer, so am hoping we get back to the earlier years for the next one.

Thanks again, Dave, for all you do to keep the balls rolling Over the Trenches.

Without giving too much away Pete.

Name:	Churchill.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	254285

OH YES !
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Without giving too much away Pete.

OH YES !

Thumbs up

Thanks for the good wishes chaps!
    Improving slowly & looking forward to M24.
    I would also like to Second Pete's (Stumptonian) suggestion to start back in the early days with Moranes, BE2's, E.III's, Aviatiks etc & slowly move into Gunbus', DH-2, Halberstadts, Fok D 11s etc.
    I also echo the acknowledgement of the incredible work Dave puts in behind the scenes to keep the whole thing on track.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Dave for everything he has done for us during the OTT Campaigns. Without your constant vigil and your AARs to help us when need or to set examples for us, some of us might have gotten lost.
    Once again THANK YOU DAVE!

Having said that my pilot rosters are ready for the final mission with all hands available plus an extra Observer for both Entente, 13 crew members, and Central Powers, 11 crew members.

I will try to get the final act posted as soon as I have recovered from the Doncaster weekend.
    rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for the kind words chaps, it's my pleasure

Catching up with this thread now too Baz, sorry mate, didn't realize you had been poorly again. Hope the whisky has done its job by now and that the nurse arrived in time to do some good
    Carl, that's amazing landscape. Quite some trip you guys must have had. Congrats to you and your mates on reaching the big 50
    Dave, I guess you already know, but thanks a bundle for running this show. Its been a real pleasure sharing it with you and everyone else who is part of it. Already looking forward to the next one and yes please, early war. Have just ordered a bunch of early war German aircraft from Shapeways - just to keep me going painting wise over the next couple of months

This campaign will end in eight days

This campaign will end in eight days
    Just flew 25, will do 26.....oh yeah, have to write them up, no pressure, no pressure! Must get done, must get done...

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Just flew 25, will do 26.....oh yeah, have to write them up, no pressure, no pressure! Must get done, must get done...
    That's how it was for me in The Early Doors campaign.
    I started with Mission 11 where ther rest of you were at 16 or higher.
    Crammed a lot of gaming into the final few weeks.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34