Ares Games
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Late War Campaign

Greetings

I'm glad of the delay.

I have my AAR from mission 19 to post from February, which i started to post (real life got in the way) and then got hit by the down time. Luckily the AAR was all typed up in Word offline. Suffice it to say that the opposing Eagles were really unlucky - though they all survived!

I'll try to run mission 20 this weekend before I go on a business trip on Monday. We have friends coming for the Salute weekend so if I don't do it this weekend it probably won't be done before the weekend of 21/22 April.

Regards

Edward

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    OK, I'll make this official - All squadrons will be moved to a rest area for this month - hopefully those able will be able to catch up or at least reduce the deficit somewhat and we will recommence operations May 1st -
    A volunteer is better than a pressed man so I will take you up on your offer Peter if you'd like to jump in on May for us with something for early September 1918 - we're nearly there chaps
    Very sound idea Dave & it will certainly assist me as I was due to write the May mission which will now be the June one.
    Thank you Sir (& Uncle!)

Unlikely to happen Pete - BOB ( BB401) was the next person slated for a game but he has not partaken for many months and as the site was fried I was unable to make alternative arrangements. I could post a quick match up but I'm inclined to push this all back a month and give an opportunity for some of the chaps catch up with the lead elements.
    My apologies to all for having been away. Life has been....complicated for a bit here, but the net of it is I have effectively retired and may have more time for these types of pursuits in the future. Sadly, however, I have dug myself such a hole in the campaign I don't know if I shall be able to dig myself out. Anyone willing to step in with the upcoming mission scenario has my full support.

Never mind Bob - life happens ! You can still play out the rest of the campaign if you'd like to bring your boys back to the front.

"He is wise who watches"

Good to have you back Bob - enjoy your retirement and congratulations for that. Believe me it's great

Scrap the backlog and start afresh - no harm in that. Your AARs are a joy to read, so I'd hate to think you'd not produce any more!

I too will benefit from the hiatus, I will get back from my Commonwealth Games deployment next week and will start smashing through the six missions I need to catch up!

It will be good to have you back too Carl - your AARs are also sorely missed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    I too will benefit from the hiatus, I will get back from my Commonwealth Games deployment next week and will start smashing through the six missions I need to catch up!
    Looking forward to your See Adlers return to the Front Carl!

Hope we see some AAR's soon !

"He is wise who watches"

In the middle of selling house! I did fly the mission but haven't gotten to writing it up yet. I should get to it next week. Mission 21 needs a couple tweeks but just about ready to go for May 1st.

Good oh !

"He is wise who watches"

Smile

Hoping to finally get to Fly M18 this weekend!

Good stuff.

"He is wise who watches"

Smile

Yep Mission 18 Done & Dusted. AAR in the next couple of days.
    Boy was I "rusty". That's the first Wings game I have played since January!

Looks like I have some reading to catch up with

Smile

Finally got to play Mission 19 today. What a great blast! Smoke, Fire, Booms, Collisions & gun jambs galore.
    Should get the AAR done over the weekend.

'Bout time that the MO cleared you fit for action again Baz, you must be having a blast catching up

"He is wise who watches"

Smile

'Bout time that the MO cleared you fit for action again Baz, you must be having a blast catching up
    Your not wrong Dave!
    Slowly "weaning" the boot off by a few hours a day & will finally chuck it far away by first week June.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Your not wrong Dave!
    Slowly "weaning" the boot off by a few hours a day & will finally chuck it far away by first week June.
    Good news you are almost ready to give the boot the boot.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Good news you are almost ready to give the boot the boot.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I am it for either June or July but cannot find the listing , Being of feeble mind could anyone confirm or deny this for me ( not the feeble mind bit , thats given )

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I am it for either June or July but cannot find the listing , Being of feeble mind could anyone confirm or deny this for me ( not the feeble mind bit , thats given )

Your suspicion was correct. You have the mission for July. It is for ~9 October '18. Getting nearer and nearer to the Armistice!

Thumbs up

I am in the Barrel for June Paul.

it's in the rules sticky Paul - You're down for July mate for a game at the beginning of October 1918 : Jul: Paul (Tikkifriend) 9Oct18

"He is wise who watches"

knew it had a J in the month and it wasn't january !!!

Reinforcements for the front !
    Just to let you know that John (Vagabond) will be joining the Bulldogs for the last few games to try his hand, please make him welcome

"He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

Reinforcements for the front !
    Just to let you know that John (Vagabond) will be joining the Bulldogs for the last few games to try his hand, please make him welcome
    Welcome John! Hope you survive the last few hectic Missions.

Welcome to the front John. At this point in the war reinforcements are gladly received. Only problem is we need more help on the other side!

Welcome, John.
    I think you're gonna like it here.

Cheers guys, I'm looking forward to mission 22 although having just read 3 of the games it's looking to be very difficult for the Germans. I thought the two seaters flying in formation would provide a lot of support for each other, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.

Smile

Having finally got rid of the "moonboot" life is getting back to normality & I have even caught up with the OTTBE missions.
    Will probably get to play 22 next weekend.
    Will be interesting to see if the Germans can pull another success out of the hat.

Having finally got rid of the "moonboot" life is getting back to normality & I have even caught up with the OTTBE missions.
    Will be interesting to see if the Germans can pull another success out of the hat.
    Glad to hear your bung foot has mended Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Welcome to the front John. At this point in the war reinforcements are gladly received. Only problem is we need more help on the other side!
    The See Adler Staffel will be playing catch up Pete, I have eight to play 15-22. I will try to get three done this week and then one a week until I'm in step with the rest of the team.

Looking forward to getting the Marineflieger back into action

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome back Carl, it will be a great pleasure to once again read your AARs. I'm glad you are able to be up and about.

The See Adler Staffel will be playing catch up Pete, I have eight to play 15-22. I will try to get three done this week and then one a week until I'm in step with the rest of the team.

Looking forward to getting the Marineflieger back into action
    Great news, Carl.
    You have been missed. I had no idea just how many you had been away for
    It will be good to have more Central Powers to root for.

Default Uncle out of Office

Good to hear you've given the boot the boot Baz & Carl, good to hear you're determined to play catch up -

Just remember that Uncle / Onkel won't be around for a few days - leaving house at OH my God that's early to catch an early bird from Heathrow and I'm not home until the 20th, probably not conscious until 21st at the earliest !

Keep buying LL raffle tickets Enjoy your games and try not to trash the place !

"He is wise who watches"

Smile

Good to hear you've given the boot the boot Baz & Carl, good to hear you're determined to play catch up -

Just remember that Uncle / Onkel won't be around for a few days - leaving house at OH my God that's early to catch an early bird from Heathrow and I'm not home until the 20th, probably not conscious until 21st at the earliest !

Keep buying LL raffle tickets Enjoy your games and try not to trash the place !
    I am sure Mr Kyte will keep Neil away from the Asperdestra !

Go shoot em all down Dave

Good to hear your out of your boot Baz Now lets get those RAF guys

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Welcome back Carl, it will be a great pleasure to once again read your AARs. I'm glad you are able to be up and about.
    Although I could not find time to get any OTT missions played last week as was my plan, I now am ready to go with Mission 15

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTT 15 Belleau Wood.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	250150

Carl, good to hear you will rejoin us at the front.

Nice looking Belleau Wood, Carl.
    Welcome back!

Great to see you back Carl. Worried we might not see your Sea Adlers again but glad that was unfounded. My but you're a busy lad what with this and your WW2 Polish Campaign (superb by the way )

And not sure I've said this already or if somehow I missed out completely - but welcome John. Bit on the "better late than never" side but that's an age thing sad to say

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Great to see you back Carl. Worried we might not see your Sea Adlers again but glad that was unfounded. My but you're a busy lad what with this and your WW2 Polish Campaign (superb by the way )
    That, a busy work schedule and a boy in his final year of high school has made it impossible to keep up with OTT. I can't believe I haven't posted an AAR since September! I will try to get a couple done before next week when I will be away for another work trip. This time up to Townsville for the V8 Supercars.

Name:	19_-_Grid_Girls_-_Castrol_EDGE_Townsville_400-900x600.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	250179

Tough job I know, but I will survive somehow.
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 06-26-2018 at 15:05.

Mind you don't over do it Carl

"He is wise who watches"

Is that what they call boot camp Baz

Tough work I know but I will survive somehow.
    That looks over and above the call of duty Carl

Mind you don't over do it Carl
    Yes, wouldn't want to have any of these fine young ladies end up with a blue tongue.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean ... oops !

Name:	IMG_20180615_014805025.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	250180

Thanks Dave.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 06-26-2018 at 19:05.

Thumbs up

That, a busy work schedule and a boy in his final year of high school has made it impossible to keep up with OTT. I can't believe I haven't posted an AAR since September! I will try to get a couple done before next week when I will be away for another work trip. This time up to Townsville for the V8 Supercars.

Name:	19_-_Grid_Girls_-_Castrol_EDGE_Townsville_400-900x600.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	250179

Tough job I know, but I will survive somehow.
    Glad to see you are supporting one of the Ford teams or was it just their cheerleaders????

Glad to see you are supporting one of the Ford teams or was it just their cheerleaders????
    No partisanship here, I am just deployed to ensure the safety and security of participants and patrons - including the pretty ones

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. A little gem! Look before it's too late...
    By HTRAINo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 14:15
  2. I know this is late...
    By fast.git in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 13:27
  3. Just too late for the war seaplane
    By Jager in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2012, 09:34