Ares Games

Thread: Betty card, deck?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Betty card, deck?

Has anyone come up with a plane card and maneuver deck for the GM4 Betty? I just finished one from Armaments in Miniature, a lovely plane, and I am hot to get it in the air. I've got a card for the aircraft, I just wanted some input for the firing arcs. I also need an idea for maneuver decks

Thanks in advance
    Nobby

Nothing officially released is very close to the Betty, but that is supposed to change this year when the Rain of Destruction box comes out. I don't know how long the wait for that is supposed to be but there will certainly be an appropriate maneuver deck in there.

As for the firing arcs, I don't have any information really, but that cannon in the tail will be an interesting feature.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Ok, I guess my Betty will have to remain grounded until then. Thanks very much

Nobby

I'm working on one. Gimme a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by swarbs View Post
    As for the firing arcs, I don't have any information really, but that cannon in the tail will be an interesting feature.
    Esp. considering how accurate cannon-armed units are compared to the historical reality.... :P

No card, but I made stands for the Betty (their fate is up in the air still). You can check out more info here.

Try this.
    Last edited by Max Headroom; 11-06-2010 at 14:10. Reason: Picture edit

That's a nice looking card Alan. What made you go with C damage for the rear arc though?

The Betty had a 20mm cannon in the tail position. That should rate a C damage.

Yep, that cannon back there was certainly an interesting feature. Card looks really good. As far as damage points go, 32 seems like a lot for an aircraft nick-named the "flying cigar" due to the ease with which they lit up. I don't suppose there's a card in the official game yet to compare it to though.

Yes the C damage equates to the 20mm tail cannon but I goofed on the 32 damage points! I was copying from another card I did. I'll edit that shortly.
    Thanks guys.

Yes, I was thinking about the Sally for some reason. I have the Betty at 32 points on the bases I made.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Awesome! Now my Wildcats will have something to shoot at! Thanks very much

I'll probably treat them the same as the zero in our games. When hit, roll a d6. On a 1, boom! Self sealing tanks would be a real treat!

Nobby

Similar Missions

1. P deck.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2010, 07:41
  2. M Deck
    By Gord in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 12:01
  3. Redundancy in C Deck?
    By headlesstusken in forum WGS: General Discussions