Ares Games

Thread: New F-Toys

Default New F-Toys

I was looking at the HLJ site and they have a new F-Toys set out next month. Ki 61 Hein and P-38's.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I was looking at the HLJ site and they have a new F-Toys set out next month. Ki 61 Hein and P-38's.
    Nice!

My dad was just lamenting about Hobby Lobby. When he went into one with his dad (55 years ago) it was mostly model trains & airplanes, now it's mostly crafts. He was disappointed.

I saw a couple of the P-38s on E-Bay last night, sold by this morning. That one is going to be a biggie, the Lightnings have been fairly higher priced for some time. I'm looking forward to snagging a pair of those! The three I saw last night were all OD overall, with different insignia. Blue circle, white star. Blue circle white star with tabs, and tabs with red outline.

I ordered some from a guy on ebay last week, he had the best prices. I see they are going up already?

I might have to order the entire set! I could use some more P-38s.

I also see that a new set featuring F4U Corsairs and A6M Zero's will be released in June. Although I don't need any more Zero's, some F4Us would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitch View Post

I also see that a new set featuring F4U Corsairs and A6M Zero's will be released in June. Although I don't need any more Zero's, some F4Us would be most welcome.
    Be aware that these are 1/144 scale, and the Nexus/Ares WW2 are 1/200.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Be aware that these are 1/144 scale, and the Nexus/Ares WW2 are 1/200.
    Karl
    Yes, I know. I collect WWII in 1/144.

You can never have too many Corsairs!

Yes, I know. I collect WWII in 1/144.
    Ah, good then. Sometimes, I wish I had gone that way, but have too much invested in 1/200.....a common gamer issue
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Ah, good then. Sometimes, I wish I had gone that way, but have too much invested in 1/200.....a common gamer issue
    Karl
    1/144 is great for single-engine aircraft, but becomes problematic with larger models (especially four-engine bombers). If I was starting today, I would go with a smaller scale, either 1/200 or even 1/285.

Similar Missions

1. New from F Toys
    By richard m schwab in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04-16-2016, 03:58
  2. More F-Toys
    By Baxter in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 15:18
  3. F-toys
    By Tommy Z in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8