Ares Games

View Poll Results: Who is top dog in this fight?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Ulrich Neckel, Jasta 6

38 50.67%
  • 2. Off.Stv. Willi Hippert Jasta 74

37 49.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fokker D.VII Challenge -- Vote Off!

All the more Kudos to you dear chap.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Congratulations Bob, (I actually voted the other way - but both were outstanding) - have to say though the presentation on yours with the hanger etc was simply brilliant. Where did you get the hanger from?

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Congratulations Bob on a real close win

Also well done to Sven for taking the runner up position

Both planes are wonderful. Thanks for the info on where the decal set came from Sven. I ordered one! Soon there will be a Mimmi in my hangar.

Bob, how did you do your plane? Decal? Airbrush? Great work!

Back from my road trip - here's the brief on the build. Will post full story on D.VII repaint thread this week.
    Kit - Valom D.VII
    Wing decals - Top wing - Valom kit decals for the Paul Wolf / Jasta 13 pattern
    Lower wing - 1/144 Direct / Mehusla lower wing Pattern A / Harvest
    Fuselage - filled, sanded, primed, painted modelmasters insignia white, masked with thin strips of Parafilm to match the original photos and sprayed modelmasters gloss black.
    National Insignia by 1/144 Direct
    Oversprayed Testor's Acrylic clear flat (was not happy with it - more on that later) to blend everything together. Remaining fuselage and "bits" painted by hand as in photos.
    Photographed on a base originally prepared for miniatures battles, on a cold winter's early morning outdoors, with a cardstock hangar as a prop.
    Yes it was cold out and I had a hard time getting a good angle, but you can't beat early morning for contrast and cool shadows.

BB401 Out.

You got a spiffing result!

I look forward to the "whole nine yards" on the DVII thread.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    You got a spiffing result!

I look forward to the "whole nine yards" on the DVII thread.
    Posted. Hope you find something useful. Parafilm is the key......

And the willingness to rip it all off and start again, until you're happy with it. 2 hours of prep, 1 minute of spraying, and 15 minutes of clean-up.

Yeah, it's old, but I thought I ask nontheless
    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    How did you (in case you didn't, who did?) do the card? I mean the actual printing? I want to create my own cards but I struggle to find a proper solution for printing or letting it print... espacially the size.

The card is an official 'Wings of War' card, from the "Top Fighters" booster pack.

I print cards using a Word document emailed to me by someone (I can't remember who!).
    The cards printed just fine on my old printer, but when I got a new one they printed too large!

Now I resize them in "Paint" to 98% and print, and that seems OK.

I can't create the cards myself, though - I have to rely on OldGuy59, Guntruck and others for that
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Yeah, it's old, but I thought I ask nontheless

How did you (in case you didn't, who did?) do the card? I mean the actual printing? I want to create my own cards but I struggle to find a proper solution for printing or letting it print... espacially the size.
    The card size should be easy. Currently, I import the images of cards into MS Word (Yup, I actually do), set the image size to the size of the graphic (if single-sided: 44x68mm). Using Epson Premium Matt paper (coated for high ink usage, but not allowing absorption) and a photo quality printer, the cards come out near commercial quality.

I sometimes have to print a few times (in draft or text mode to save ink) to ensure the size is right.

For conventions, I print 9 double-sided cards on an 8.5x11" letter-sized page.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    The card is an official 'Wings of War' card, from the "Top Fighters" booster pack.
    That moment you gave credit to someone for creating a perfect card ... but hey, the plane matches the card perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    The card size should be easy. Currently, I import the images of cards into MS Word (Yup, I actually do), set the image size to the size of the graphic (if single-sided: 44x68mm). Using Epson Premium Matt paper (coated for high ink usage, but not allowing absorption) and a photo quality printer, the cards come out near commercial quality. I sometimes have to print a few times (in draft or text mode to save ink) to ensure the size is right. For conventions, I print 9 double-sided cards on an 8.5x11" letter-sized page.
    That was the way I did it, too. I will look out for better paper, and I have a card cutter for the "corners". I think this should do the trick. Thanks a lot

If you using word you should be able to r click on the image of the card, then go to size and put in the dimentions of the card

I have a Mimmi model but could never get the Mimmi decal correct, any pointers ?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Florian
    Sorties Flown

I have made a template for gimp which holds 4 cards. The template has the standard photo format 10. I print them with the printing service of the local drug store. The result is production like and cheap: about 1,20€ per deck. Then I cut the cards out and use a corner puncher to get round corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    If you using word you should be able to r click on the image of the card, then go to size and put in the dimentions of the card

I have a Mimmi model but could never get the Mimmi decal correct, any pointers ?
    Are we talking printing a card, or printing a decal?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Fokker D.VII Challenge -- VOTING!!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Contests
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 02-17-2016, 13:59
  2. Fokker D.VII Challenge!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 02-06-2016, 08:25
  3. Just got whooped? vote here...
    By HTRAINo in forum Polls