Ares Games

Thread: KIA CARDS

Default KIA CARDS

Does anyone know where one could obtain a set of what I believe are killed KIA cards? These are cards that I think are also played when you pull the Explosion card. It sounds like the purpose is to make the game more realistic. For example, I have seen cards that say something like "your fuel tank is ruptured spraying fuel all over, it ignites and you go down in a ball of flame" or "your control cables are severed and you crash to earth". It's a bit more graphic information then the single explosion card. I don't know if these were produced, or an individuals idea, but They sure are a neat addition. Any help would be appreciated.

Search the "Files" section in the toolbar above for "Critical Hit Deck"

it's in there somewhere!

Critical Hits Cards

Hmmm.... Neil beat me to this. His "409" link above.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Sounds like you are after one of critical hit decks Jim - there are a number in the files -

The original by the late great LGKR: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=409
    Alternate version: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=903
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=904

There are others in there somewhere - either search or trawl for It & you may find the others

Ah, Neil beat us all !!

"He is wise who watches"

Thank you all, I will begin the hunt now with the information you all have provided. I think these are really neat. Thanks again!

I found them easily and printed off a set. These are fantastic! Thanks again for all of your guys help.

If you'd like some more variety on what can happen try out 'this'.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

Bit bloodthirsty

But as you correctly say reality. I detect a little Are We Gamers or Historians in this subject being a FNP. But as my Playing Career progresses I can just feel how I will be wanting to change from the Gamer Approach (Boom Card - Game Over) to the Historical Approach (Observe Reality / Realistic Outcome) ... I know which stance my Father would encourage me to take had he still been around to see me play Wings of Glory

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Peter's dice-generated list is pretty nifty - I've already copied it off a while back from another thread (Thanks, Peter!), but it's nice to see the card thread surface again. I had seen it once before but had forgotten about it - this time I shall add it to my things to use.

All the best,
    Matt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160215_174142_resized.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	187773
    We played our first game today with the Critical Hit Deck. I printed off a set and laminated them earlier. They really add a new dimension to the game. We decided to use them both for the explosion card and when you have tallied up enough hit points to take you out of the game. What a fabulous addition. Thank you all again for your help. Jim

Both Peter's chart and the cards add a nice bit of variety to the BOOM event. The chart is especially nice at conventions, as it gives a player just a bit of a chance of carrying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Nowotny View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160215_174142_resized.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	187773
    We played our first game today with the Critical Hit Deck. I printed off a set and laminated them earlier. They really add a new dimension to the game. We decided to use them both for the explosion card and when you have tallied up enough hit points to take you out of the game. What a fabulous addition. Thank you all again for your help. Jim
    The nice thing about that deck was that Don asked forum members to contribute ideas for the outcomes on the cards so for me they are a LGKR legacy to the game.
    This is the original thread: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ical-Hits-Deck

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The nice thing about that deck was that Don asked forum members to contribute ideas for the outcomes on the cards so for me they are a LGKR legacy to the game.
    This is the original thread: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ical-Hits-Deck
    Thanks for sharing the link to the original thread and the deck's provenance, Dave. I knew the deck was LGKR's work, but wasn't aware of the collaborative process that went into its creation. I joined too late to meet Don, but have enjoyed the fruits of his labors immensely. I can't help but agree that the critical hit deck is a damn fine legacy for someone who loved this game so much.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. Cards?
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2013, 11:58
  3. ACE CARDS.
    By phililphall in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 23:37
  4. Replies: 2